Auburn responds to Golloway Suit

Edited to add article:

AUBURN, Ala.

Former Auburn baseball coach Sunny Golloway filed a civil lawsuit in district court Tuesday against the school.

Golloway alleges breach of contract, defamation, fraud and tortuous interference in the 86-page complaint.

A search of online court records shows the lawsuit was filed Tuesday in Alabama’s Middle District in Opelika.

The lawsuit names Auburn’s board of trustees, athletic director Jay Jacobs, former COO David Benedict, senior associate athletic director Rich McGlynn, director of baseball operations Scott Duval and baseball administrator Jeremy Roberts as defendants. Jacobs, Benedict, McGlynn, Duval and Roberts are listed in their official and individual capacities.

Read the rest here: http://www.ledger-en...le79948492.html

Grabbed from TWITTER...

"Coach Golloway knowingly and repeatedly broken Auburn and NCAA rules, including an attempt to destroy evidence of his violations. We appreciated his coaching skills, but his actions left us no choice but to dismiss him from his position. He now seems to be using legal action in an attempt to divert attention away from his own misconduct.

Jacobs Response:

"this suit is an attempt to shakedown Auburn University. Instead of recognizing that he broke the rules, Sunny instead lashes out and attacks many members of the Auburn family. It's sad that it has come to this, but principle and decency require us not to give in. Sunny has still not come to terms with the seriousness of his violations and the reason he was terminated with cause in the first place. Instead of attacking others, it would be better if Sunny reflected on his own actions."

Jacobs should make one statement and one statement only: "Galloway is a douche and everything he says is full of sh*#!" I hope they try the case and make him look really bad.

Grabbed from TWITTER...

"Coach Golloway knowingly and repeatedly broken Auburn and NCAA rules, including an attempt to destroy evidence of his violations. We appreciated his coaching skills, but his actions left us no choice but to dismiss him from his position. He now seems to be using legal action in an attempt to divert attention away from his own misconduct.

Jacobs Response:

"this suit is an attempt to shakedown Auburn University. Instead of recognizing that he broke the rules, Sunny instead lashes out and attacks many members of the Auburn family. It's sad that it has come to this, but principle and decency require us not to give in. Sunny has still not come to terms with the seriousness of his violations and the reason he was terminated with cause in the first place. Instead of attacking others, it would be better if Sunny reflected on his own actions."

Delete WT if needed but I had been told by people in the program SG committed some violations in last year's class that was committed 10th in the nation but CBT had to alter to be w/in the rules. It ended up ranked 26th.

Jacobs should make one statement and one statement only: "Galloway is a douche and everything he says is full of sh*#!" I hope they try the case and make him look really bad.

Fortunately he's more professional and has more tact than to make such a crude statement.

One of the few times that JJ will have this forum in his corner....but figured this would have been settled by now. Sunny needs a better lawyer...this should have been history months ago.

I saw this on Twitter and would love to know what this is about since this involves our current HC.

"An alleged incident is detailed in Golloway's suit that took place btw RHP Cole Lipscomb & Butch Thompson & references Lipscomb's father...."

Lawsuit should not be a surprise to anyone and AU should be well prepared. A lot of folks wanted Galloway out on day 2. Know Auburn was looking for cause and feel confident they found it. Personally I got tired of hearing how they did things in Oklahoma early on.

I have had a home in Auburn since mid eighties and Auburn baseball (in my opinion) is the best non-church related activity going for community and family. Sad to see the fall we have taken since the Hal days. I do think we have the right guy in CBT now.

29. At the time he was hired, Coach Golloway had no idea that Defendant

Jacobs was in the trouble that he was in. When he got on campus, Golloway began

to see numerous "Fire Jay Jacobs" bumper stickers. He began to wonder what he'd

gotten himself in to. He also should have done more homework. He had no idea

Auburn had - if his information is correct - - nine major NCAA infractions, one less

than SMU, which got the death penalty.

30. Within two weeks of being on campus, Coach Golloway was shopping

at the local Gander Mountain, a sports equipment store. Appropriately proud of his

new employer and school, Coach had on his Auburn baseball T-shirt. The gentleman

at the check-out counter recognized him, saying "Coach, glad you're here. Glad you

left Oklahoma." After Coach Golloway said thank you, the clerk added, "Jay Jacobs

needs to be fired. He's the problem with Auburn Athletics."

31. Coach Golloway actually took up the defense of Jacobs, ending with

"give him credit for hiring me."

32. A couple of weeks later Golloway was shopping at the local Tractor

Supply when an employee recognized him, began talking baseball, told him he was

a big Auburn baseball fan, then added, out of the blue, "I just don't think Jay is a

good person; I think Jay is the problem." It was an all together uncomfortable

situation for Coach Golloway.

This isn't fake. Part of the motion that Galloway filed in Federal Court.

:dunno: :Sing::bananadance:

:bananadance:

While not disagreeing or agreeing with what was stated, that has nothing to do with being fired for cause or him saying he was fired inappropriately. I'm no defender of JJ....However, not uncommon that people voice either their pleasure or displeasure with someone in a position of such local power.

Not shocked it is in his filing, doesn't make a damn bit of difference...Doesn't go to establishing any pattern, except a pattern of some people not liking him...Big deal.

Sounds like someone at Tractor Supply and Gander Mountain want Jay gone. What about the folks at Winn Dixie and Kroger? is that in the motion? :Sing: Funny stuff

29. At the time he was hired, Coach Golloway had no idea that Defendant

Jacobs was in the trouble that he was in. When he got on campus, Golloway began

to see numerous "Fire Jay Jacobs" bumper stickers. He began to wonder what he'd

gotten himself in to. He also should have done more homework. He had no idea

Auburn had - if his information is correct - - nine major NCAA infractions, one less

than SMU, which got the death penalty.

30. Within two weeks of being on campus, Coach Golloway was shopping

at the local Gander Mountain, a sports equipment store. Appropriately proud of his

new employer and school, Coach had on his Auburn baseball T-shirt. The gentleman

at the check-out counter recognized him, saying "Coach, glad you're here. Glad you

left Oklahoma." After Coach Golloway said thank you, the clerk added, "Jay Jacobs

needs to be fired. He's the problem with Auburn Athletics."

31. Coach Golloway actually took up the defense of Jacobs, ending with

"give him credit for hiring me."

32. A couple of weeks later Golloway was shopping at the local Tractor

Supply when an employee recognized him, began talking baseball, told him he was

a big Auburn baseball fan, then added, out of the blue, "I just don't think Jay is a

good person; I think Jay is the problem." It was an all together uncomfortable

situation for Coach Golloway.

This isn't fake. Part of the motion that Galloway filed in Federal Court.

:dunno: :Sing::bananadance:

:bananadance:

If this is all they can come up with in their complaint, Golloway & co. are toast. This doesn't come close to addressing "Fired for cause". Why even clutter up pages with stuff like this if you have a case?

If this is all they can come up with in their complaint, Golloway & co. are toast. This doesn't come close to addressing "Fired for cause". Why even clutter up pages with stuff like this if you have a case?

Seriously. It reads like a transcript of 1 side of a teenage girl fight.

Seriously. It reads like a transcript of 1 side of a teenage girl fight.

heck, teenagers snip better than that ... Maybe on par with my elementary school child ... That is seriously pathetic. I mean seriously pathetic.

So why won't Jacobs and company disclose exactly what "the seriousness of his violations" are?

This will be two of the biggest ass clowns in the history of Auburn University going toe to toe. Nothing more and nothing less. They should both be gone.

Archived