2016 3* LB/S Stephen Davis Jr.

EagleDamnWar

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still would love to have him at Auburn. If he can grow into that frame a bit, his size and athleticism at LBer would be GREAT.

Well I hate it that Davis, Jr. turned down an Auburn after giving his commitment to the Tigers a while back. We could have rally used 2 RB's in this class. If not another RB, we sure needed another LB. Threat was our only LB signee.

Well I hate it that Davis, Jr. turned down an Auburn after giving his commitment to the Tigers a while back. We could have rally used 2 RB's in this class.

O rally?

Well I hate it that Davis, Jr. turned down an Auburn after giving his commitment to the Tigers a while back. We could have rally used 2 RB's in this class.

O rally?

#peaka4e

Submitted for post of the day prize.

So, who did he end up signing with instead of Auburn?

Is there an academic issue with Jr.? Maybe they are waiting for him to clear that up. Would love to have a legacy on the team and hope there will be a spot for him.

From what's been said earlier and from observing what's going on, it looks like his SAT scores might not be good enough and he'll have to go the JUCO route. Maybe when his latest scores come in that will change but for right now signing him would be a big risk because that slot would be lost should he have to go to JUCO.

Is there an academic issue with Jr.? Maybe they are waiting for him to clear that up. Would love to have a legacy on the team and hope there will be a spot for him.

From what's been said earlier and from observing what's going on, it looks like his SAT scores might not be good enough and he'll have to go the JUCO route. Maybe when his latest scores come in that will change but for right now signing him would be a big risk because that slot would be lost should he have to go to JUCO.

Another thing about our recruiting since Gus came back: everybody makes it to classes in the fall. We've had a few get themselves dismissed afterward, but he clearly makes it a priority to sign guys who will at least make it to the starting line. I appreciate that.

Davis Jr. Did not play any games with the staff. There were and are concerns on qualifying and both sides handled it with respect. I fully anticipate when these issues get handled S. Davis Jr. will be in orange and blue. WDE

Davis Jr. Did not play any games with the staff. There were and are concerns on qualifying and both sides handled it with respect. I fully anticipate when these issues get handled S. Davis Jr. will be in orange and blue. WDE

He just re-took his SAT if he makes the required score I expect to see him send in an NLI. If he doesn't I believe there is one more SAT he can sign up for in May. Then if he makes score he could just start school in Summer. If he doesn't then Juco.

He just re-took his SAT if he makes the required score I expect to see him send in an NLI. If he doesn't I believe there is one more SAT he can sign up for in May. Then if he makes score he could just start school in Summer. If he doesn't then Juco.

The signing period ends sometime in April or early May, I don't recall which at the moment. If he's not signed by then it get's complicated as afar as what year he counts against and other details.

I don't think it's solely SAT score as people are assuming. If that were the case if he were not to get the score he could simply go to prep school for a semester or 2 to prep for the SAT to get a better score. I am hearing juco right now. Remember a raw GPA as in 3.0 does not necessarily suffice. The NCAA requires all prospective student athletes to pass 16 specific classes. 10 of them must be passed before their Sr year starts. The GPA of those courses must be at least a 2.3 to play immediately & 2.0 to get an academic red in year 1 at college.

The signing period ends sometime in April or early May, I don't recall which at the moment. If he's not signed by then it get's complicated as afar as what year he counts against and other details.

Last day to sign is April 1. If SDj were to not sign but start @ AU for example in the 1st Summer term in May he would count in this 2016 IC list. If he were to not sign & start the 2nd Summer term in June or Fall I'm not sure where he would count. I know he could count in 2017 instead then but don't know if he would have to.

FWIW:

#STRecruiting: ATH Stephen Davis Jr. remains unsigned. His coach Tom Knotts said he most likely will sign with Auburn once he is qualified.

@sportstalksc

This is good to hear. I wish him good luck on his testing.

Archived