2016 3* LB/S Stephen Davis Jr.

EagleDamnWar

Mercy, just looked at the previous page and saw where Davis Jr. had to take his SAT this past Saturday.

Man, I feel like this is a guy we really need and will develop into an exceptional player with his frame and a collegiate strength program.

I hope the young man got the score he needed because I'd certainly hate to lose two years of developmental training at Auburn to the JUCO ranks, though I wonder if we still can send a kid to Hargrave for a year like we used to.

The last player I remember us sending to Hargrave Military Institute in Virgina has been many a moon ago in Onterio McAlleb.

Whether they go to JUCO or a prep school isn't something that the player or Auburn can control. It depends on his grades. If they are bad past a certain point he must go the JUCO route to qualify at a D-1 school.

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

E, do you have any information as to whom the graduate transfer of interest is?

E, do you have any information as to whom the graduate transfer of interest is?

No. I doubt they have a known pool to work from right now. Most GTs don't become even known til after NSD. Also remember AU can't reach out to potentials. Since they are in college they have to do the reaching out to the schools.

Academics? ....what a bummer.

The guy has been on a college football track for several years and comes from a college oriented family....and arrives at this point with questions about being academically qualified to play in the SEC (which is not Duke or Stanford)?

Some folks have really not been doing their job.

Academics? ....what a bummer.

The guy has been on a college football track for several years and comes from a college oriented family....and arrives at this point with questions about being academically qualified to play in the SEC (which is not Duke or Stanford)?

Some folks have really not been doing their job.

100% correct. WTH???

Will we know if he will qualify by signing day or will it be a guessing game as to if we let him sign or not?

The coaches will have a reasonably good idea, but it will still be a guessing game. In recent years there have been several we went ahead and signed and then got bit when they didn't qualify.

Davis will be able to practice with AU but not play in 2016.

That's actually not bad news because most believe a redshirt was in order anyway.

That's if his GPA is between 2.0 & 2.3 & he have completed 10 of 16 required courses passing them before his Sr year. If people want to know what WDEWDE is talking about there is a new rule that will go into effect for student athletes who enroll on or after August 2016. It's called an academic redshirt. The player would be able to practice but not play in year 1 & would count as an IC. Link

This link seems about kids with low GPA but who meet SAT requirement. Davis supposedly has a 3.0 GPA and SAT is in question so would he still qualify for the academic Redshirt? I hope so. Then he can work on school and still get better so the next rear he could be a factor.

This link seems about kids with low GPA but who meet SAT requirement. Davis supposedly has a 3.0 GPA and SAT is in question so would he still qualify for the academic Redshirt? I hope so. Then he can work on school and still get better so the next rear he could be a factor.

Where have you seen him w/ a 3.0 GPA? Not saying it's not true but it's news to me.

Where have you seen him w/ a 3.0 GPA? Not saying it's not true but it's news to me.

He is thinking of Woody I think.

He is thinking of Woody I think.

Thank you aujeff11 I did have them confused.

That's if his GPA is between 2.0 & 2.3 & he have completed 10 of 16 required courses passing them before his Sr year. If people want to know what WDEWDE is talking about there is a new rule that will go into effect for student athletes who enroll on or after August 2016. It's called an academic redshirt. The player would be able to practice but not play in year 1 & would count as an IC. Link

Sounds like the old prop 48.

Archived