2016 3* LB/S Stephen Davis Jr.

EagleDamnWar

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does this mean that he can get into Auburn even if he does not meet the school's academic requirements and practice with team like a red shirt or something? How can that be?

The normal entrance requirements for a non-athlete are much higher than we sometimes allow in order to get a desired athlete. Seems that if he can't meet SEC or NCAA minimums to play as a freshman, he could not get into AU at all. Am I missing something here?

Does this mean that he can get into Auburn even if he does not meet the school's academic requirements and practice with team like a red shirt or something? How can that be?

He has to make NCAA & AU requirements. Every student athlete has to in theory.

He has to make NCAA & AU requirements. Every student athlte has to in theory.

So there is talk above about him not being able to "qualify" to play this season yet he could be in school and practice with the team but not be on scholarship. Tiger mentions Prop 48....is the "academic red shirt" plan a new version of that old scheme?

So there is talk above about him not being able to "qualify" to play this season yet he could be in school and practice with the team but not be on scholarship. Tiger mentions Prop 48....is the "academic red shirt" plan a new version of that old scheme?

Purifoy is practicing with the bb team but hasn't been cleared. He's obviously in school and taking classes. Eligible to study and work towards a degree but not sure if he can play ball. All this stuff is odd to me.

If he can practice but not play I would be fine with that.

I'm not nearly as fine with that as I would be with signing a full qualifier.

He would be on scholly, just not allowed to play, just like Danjel Purifoy in Basketball right now.

He would be on scholly, just not allowed to play, just like Danjel Purifoy in Basketball right now.

I'm pretty confused myself. HELP

Purifoy is still waiting on the NCAA to bless his test scores as I understand it....so technically when he got his scholly he met AU's standards but the NCAA later raised some questions. The David situation does not sound the same to me.

Purifoy is still waiting on the NCAA to bless his test scores as I understand it....so technically when he got his scholly he met AU's standards but the NCAA later raised some questions. The David situation does not sound the same to me.

Purifoy is cleared through the NCAA right now. The ACT people are the hold up. They have to green light his latest ACT score. In theory, if they red light it then Purifoy would be retroactively ineligible this season by the NCAA. That's why AU has been so cautious w/ him.

Purifoy is cleared through the NCAA right now. The ACT people are the hold up. They have to green light his latest ACT score. In theory, if they red light it then Purifoy would be retroactively ineligible this season by the NCAA. That's why AU has been so cautious w/ him.

And... Auburn self reported him. The ACT people didn't raise the red flag, we did.

And... Auburn self reported him. The ACT people didn't raise the red flag, we did.

YUP! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

That makes sense...and now we know where Pearl's beef with AU comes from.

one of these can't win things I guess....if we had just moved on and let him play, and then ACT or someone raised the issue, we might have gotten dinged. JMO but I don't mind our compliance people being cautious.

I'm confused about academic redshirts and who is eligible for them.

Read this and the article again. Link If you still have a question, be specific & I will try my best to clear things up for you. :cheers:

That makes sense...and now we know where Pearl's beef with AU comes from.

It's a small beef. He is happy here overall.

one of these can't win things I guess....if we had just moved on and let him play, and then ACT or someone raised the issue, we might have gotten dinged. JMO but I don't mind our compliance people being cautious.

With the bama faithful hovering around, looking for us to make any mistake they can pounce on, I most definitely appreciate the defensive stance our compliance office takes.

Man you guys make me depressed to be bammers rival. Some of you make it sound as if they control all things in sports....

How do some know the details of dudes grades? Isn't that private?

Man you guys make me depressed to be bammers rival. Some of you make it sound as if they control all things in sports....

Folks become smarter, tougher, and have better connections when they are on anonymous forums. Cmon man. :)

It's private to the extent the recruits or their parents make it private. IF AUC & AUR have reported academic concerns for a recruit, as they have here, you can rest assured on that they got it from a reliable source & are real concerns.

It's private to the extent the recruits or their parents make it private. IF AUC & AUR have reported academic concerns for a recruit, as they have here, you can rest assured on that they got it from a reliable source & are real concerns.

Maybe it's supposed to be private...but the coaches MUST find out whether a prospect can be accepted at AU. GPA, SAT, etc...I don't really care whether the guy is flunking algebra or whatever. BUT....there is no point in learning about academic issues 3 months after signing day like we used to back in Tubs day when every year some top recruits failed to show up at AU.

Archived