2016 3* LB/S Stephen Davis Jr.

EagleDamnWar

Man you guys make me depressed to be bammers rival. Some of you make it sound as if they control all things in sports....

How do some know the details of dudes grades? Isn't that private?

It's private to the extent the recruits or their parents make it private. IF AUC & AUR have reported academic concerns for a recruit, as they have here, you can rest assured on that they got it from a reliable source & are real concerns.

Maybe it's supposed to be private...but the coaches MUST find out whether a prospect can be accepted at AU. GPA, SAT, etc...I don't really care whether the guy is flunking algebra or whatever. BUT....there is no point in learning about academic issues 3 months after signing day like we used to back in Tubs day when every year some top recruits failed to show up at AU.

Solid point & post 64.

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man you guys make me depressed to be bammers rival. Some of you make it sound as if they control all things in sports....

It's private to the extent the recruits or their parents make it private. IF AUC & AUR have reported academic concerns for a recruit, as they have here, you can rest assured on that they got it from a reliable source & are real concerns.

Maybe it's supposed to be private...but the coaches MUST find out whether a prospect can be accepted at AU. GPA, SAT, etc...I don't really care whether the guy is flunking algebra or whatever. BUT....there is no point in learning about academic issues 3 months after signing day like we used to back in Tubs day when every year some top recruits failed to show up at AU.

I always felt like Tubs knew the academic standings but took the chance at big name guys like that because most of the other schools would pull back and it helped his class rankings. Or he thought the reward was worth the risk. JMO

I always felt like Tubs knew the academic standings but took the chance at big name guys like that because most of the other schools would pull back and it helped his class rankings. Or he thought the reward was worth the risk. JMO

Tubs was also working with a higher limit that allowed him to intentionally sign and place guys. The 25 limit was in response to that practice (not just by Tubs) IIRC.

I get that, I thought I read somebody know his actual grades and number of credits or something like that

I get that, I thought I read somebody know his actual grades and number of credits or something like that

SOMEBODY knows. His teacher, guidance counselor, him, his parents. But it's supposed to be private, unless he or his family release the info.

SOMEBODY knows. His teacher, guidance counselor, him, his parents. But it's supposed to be private, unless he or his family release the info.

Right......lots of people know....it's just that it is none of OUR business..... :)

Right......lots of people know....it's just that it is none of OUR business..... :)/>

Yep, and legally so.

Anybody have anything on SDJ?

As of late last night the staff still had not decided if they will take him or not. My guess right now is juco.

Anybody have anything on SDJ?

As of late last night the staff still had not decided if they will take him or not. My guess right now is juco.

Grrr. Was really hoping he could academically redshirt or whatever and provide solid depth at LB in '17.

Can we call it quits on the last name davis for a few years. Lmao

Well, we were holding out for Ben, but since that fell through, we can stop recruiting Davises for a while.

Can we call it quits on the last name davis for a few years. Lmao

Well, we were holding out for Ben, but since that fell through, we can stop recruiting Davises for a while.

If Carlton Davis has any relatives in high school, we'd better be recruiting them for something.

This actually happened in the past. I forget some of the details now, but I think it was one of the Irons brothers that was at a local JC, trying to get into AU early. His teacher was huge bammer, and went out on uat football sites posting that people shouldn't worry, that the Iron's kid wasn't going to make it into AU. This is before the Irons brother himself knew his grades, and you can be certain that his football allegiance played a part in his grading. If I had any sort of control in this world, a teacher like that would be fired immediately and banned from ever teaching at any level again.

SDj did not sign today. His HS is done w/ ceremonies for today.

Could he sign late if he qualifies?

Well he technically does not even have to sign somewhere at all.

Today is the first day....not the last. He can wait if he wishes ....see what happens academically or whatever. I think there is a cut-off out there in March or maybe April....E probably knows....but we waited a while on Alex Kozan's signature I recall.

Ok, do you think we give him a scholarship later in the spring if he qualifies.

If he does not make the grades, can we place in a JUCO school and sign him once his academics fall into shape? Maybe can find a LB that has graduated from another school who could come in and help us. My guess is that Ben Davis wanted to come to Auburn, but the pressure and possible threats by the Dead Elephant Club made it clear what the possibilities would be if he signed with us.

Like some of us on this site, I do not take any crap from the turds and will jump on their case when the situation presents itself. I win these encounters all of the time. I usually outsmart them 99.9% of the time. It is hard to remember when was the last time I lost a debate on any of zingers on Al.com. That is a sleazy site filled with more bammer vermin than just about any site out there.

UF's "academic honor board" student president (and thus UF) got a huge reprieve when Cam let slide the half-wit AHB prez blathering Cam's grades all over the place w/out prior permission during that witch hunt. Further stoked Urban Lier's Auburn vendetta. A Fed offense with a privacy exemption in FL's otherwise broad pubic records law.

Today is the first day....not the last. He can wait if he wishes ....see what happens academically or whatever. I think there is a cut-off out there in March or maybe April....E probably knows....but we waited a while on Alex Kozan's signature I recall.

It's in April but your sentimentt is spot on. After that he can just enroll somewhere w/out signing.

Ok, do you think we give him a scholarship later in the spring if he qualifies.

Yes. I'm just guessing right now he does not qualify & goes to juco.

Archived