Bro-Hamm enrolls @ AU (Update 11/3/16 Cancer Free)

ellitor

UPDATE 11/3/16: Bro-Hamm now cancer free per PTB! WAR EAGLE

. Link

Now, this is some good news ...

When 4-star offensive line signee Brodarious Hamm of Griffin (Ga.) Spalding was diagnosed with Hodgkin's lymphoma, a form of cancer, not long after National Signing Day, his expected arrival date at Auburn became a great unknown.

But, we can report today that Hamm is at Auburn -- and he has enrolled in classes.

For the 6-feet-3, 320-pound Hamm, the fight is not over. It's a process.

As his battle with cancer continues, Hamm will not play this season. But knowledgeable sources tell AuburnUndercover that Hamm's longterm prognosis is good and the Tigers look forward to getting him on the field in the future.

Hamm was the No. 32 tackle nationally in the 247Sports Composite.

Grimes recruited him as a Guard FTR. Not sure where Hand sees him.

Edited by ellitor
  • Like 9

Great news. Prayers

Glad to know he's on campus and getting a head start on academics and the playbook. Hodgkin's is very beatable if they caught it early.

And as always, I'm proud that Auburn stands by these recruits who develop serious illnesses.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

Put a huge smile on my face, I can't imagine how good he feels. Especially getting into school. 

WDE Bro-Hamm. I hope we get to see you on the field soon!

Edited by Charhair

I hope he will have a great life and one day pancaking DLs. Our prayers for sure.

One question: We have another young man on the DL battling cancer. Does anyone know his status? I pray that he will one day soon be able to be a part of our DL rotation making life miserable for any offense that gets in his way.

I like the way our coaches stick with the players they recruit.  I hope things will work out for him in the long run like it did for Shon Coleman.  

5 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

I hope he will have a great life and one day pancaking DLs. Our prayers for sure.

One question: We have another young man on the DL battling cancer. Does anyone know his status? I pray that he will one day soon be able to be a part of our DL rotation making life miserable for any offense that gets in his way.

Tashawn Manning and his leukemia is gone also. He starts classes at AU in January.

Edited by ellitor
  • Like 6