***Auburn vs. Clemson - Game Thread***

RunInRed

Just now, Barnacle said:

You have to throw it into the end zone. Even if there are three guys there. What's your alternative? There was a small window. He went for it. 

Umm not throw it where three guys are at! Alternative would be finding someone who is single covered maybe?

Looks like a bunch of coaches trying to win coaching award rather than wining with a solid approach.  I am usually very positive and only expect good efforts but what in the hell are the player suppose to think.  They may yet win the game but it will NOT be as a result of coaching.

1 minute ago, NoALtiger said:

Can't wait to hear the tasty bits of Gus's coachspeak in the post game presser. Gonna be super intelligent as usual I suppose. 

The only thing he could do that would make any sense is to put his finger up to his lips and rapidly move them up and down while making a funny sound. 

1 minute ago, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

Like I said.... The Redzone. SW doesn't have a redzone type arm, which is why they took him out last time. He is good with open field, but redzone is a whole other animal. JFIII may literally be the only redzone threat atm. Like they said, our lack of a true TE or tall WR to play that edge is a killer.

I've been saying this for months. I knew it would bite us...

1 minute ago, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

Like I said.... The Redzone. SW doesn't have a redzone type arm, which is why they took him out last time. He is good with open field, but redzone is a whole other animal. JFIII may literally be the only redzone threat atm. Like they said, our lack of a true TE or tall WR to play that edge is a killer.

You can't blame that on anyone but Malzahn. Tom Brady couldn't find a rhythm in this offense tonight. 

Good job by the D and all of the D coaches (including Rodney Garner).  Rhett Lashlee should have been fired months ago.  Gus is no offensive genius.

wde

• Like 1

Now I begin to wonder did roc and jovon and many others have a point with having disagreements with gus? Glad roc left..good on him.

Edited by WFE12
  • Like 1

We used to be so lethal in the red zone. Now we act like we don't know what we're doing. We become like some giddy junior high boy on his first date and start spazzing out.

• Like 2

Just now, DAG said:

Umm not throw it where three guys are at! Alternative would be finding someone who is single covered maybe?

Watch the replay. Not much else there unless you throw back across the field. He threw late, but you've got to throw it. 

2 minutes ago, Tigercj said:

Agree with Jessie Palmer we don't have any tall receivers to go up and get the ball in end zone. 

The pass wasn't close though. 

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Unfortunately our QBs probably aren't the most adept at reading for a long time and going back to the other side in a single play. Hence, the preference for a running QB.

I can hear the presser now...  "Good effort played a great team.  I like where we're at.  I like juicy fruit and Dr Pepper too.  Humida humida durka durka football". Yay team".  

• Like 3