FYI, from very sound source.

DKW 86

Okay guys. I cant say more. CTT is very prepared on this and is I look for an announcement by 2-9-05.

141566[/snapback]

Today is 25 Jan. We have to wait 16 days for the official announcement? Get out! We need one hint per day. :D

141572[/snapback]

Let CTT finish the Recruiting year!

No rush on contracts.

Another thing, I never said Who it was, or wasnt.

Crux of the thread CTT has things well under control. He was pretty much prepared for the loss. Relax! He has a primary and an alternate just in case.

141600[/snapback]

yea from what I can tell is Tubbs knew he was getting on Chizik's nerves (yelling and what not) and I'm sure Chizik expressed his views...Tubs was not surprised by Chizik's move at all.

I would just like to know more about RC. This isn't to say I want to know more so I can give the okay to Tubs...I just don't know too much about him. Just like I wanted to know more about Borges when he first came. Heck the first thing I wanted to know was how did you pronounce Borges. :lol:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey I just got back on the board. I think you guys mis-interpreted my comments. I was trying to tell you that he is still recruiting/working but not actually preparing for a game.

I have not named him. I have not tried to stir any comments anyway.

I just wanted to tell you that CTT was not caught off guard as many supposed and had a few hints that several others have seen in the Barn. Tommy is busy trying to finalize the recruiting season and then will seal the deal with the guy. The interviewing he will do will be pro-forma at best.

Look at what CTT said already:

Outside the SEC, Shake up the D a bit. Experienced DC/HC. CTT knows the guy well and/or worked with him before.

You guys can do some math?

BTW, I hereby admonish myself for the no-link rule....(Smack!)

There, we all feel better now. :big:

141459[/snapback]

I know that I do....AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.......... ;)

:au::homer:

R.C. is a good coach but I don't know if I want him. He's 60 years old and he might be too old to be a good recruiter. We need a young up and coming DC with alot of enthuiasm. Yeah, I know that the younger coaches aren't planning on being assistants forever, but good Head Coaches are able to replace them.

I say let Coach Tuberville hire WHOMEVER he wants. IT IS HIS NECK ON THE LINE.

p.s. I feel certain he will get the BEST man for the job. He has a good track record as of late. :D

From the hints given it would have to be either Campo, Shannon, or Slocumb. The Ensminger hint definately suggests Slocumb, but is RC doing anything right now? It would not appear that he is recruting or working. Campo might be working I guess. Has Cleveland named a HC? Shannon fits the bill the most except for the Ensminger thing.

i will be pulling for who ever plays texas and i never want whats' his name back at AU....if he had left to be a HC,fine,but he left because he thought AU wasn't good enough for him....screw him

141317[/snapback]

Ditto

Here's the way to decipher all of DKW's hints: don't focus on just one hint, but use them all to eliminate candidates. So let's look at each of his hints and compare with potential candidates:

"Outside the SEC"

1. R.C. Slocum

2. Dennis Erikson

3. Dave Campo

4. Will Muscamp

5. Mike DuBose

6. Joe Lee Dunn

"Shake up the D a bit

All of the above, especially Dunn

"Experienced DC/HC"

Now this one is interesting. The way it was printed, the person must have been a DC and a HC.

1. R.C Slocum

2. Dennis Erikson

3. Dave Campo

4. Mike Dubose

"CTT knows the guy well and/or worked with him before"

Read this carefully...he didn't have to do both, but he could have.

1. R.C. Slocum

2. Dennis Erikson

3. Dave Campo

"What can you tell us about Ensminger?"

Now this is the interesting one....Ensminger was a former college coach who was coaching HS when hired by CTT. And guess who meets this criteria?

1. Mike DuBose

Say it ain't so!!!!!!!!!!

OK DKW, give us some more hints, or we'll call Dr. Ed ourselves. After all, he is your unimpeachable source isn't he? (I don't think you can impeach a university prez, or can you?)

141524[/snapback]

Either you know or you don't, which is it DKW? Why be all mysterious about it? A link? What do have you have to lose by just saying it? I would hope it would not be Joe Lee Dunn, as someone else suggested. That would be a huge mistake. Has he ever worked on a winning program? I know his teams won a couple of big games, but no long term success. Dubose? Give me a break! We would be the laughing stock of the entire South!!

Nobody will laugh after its over. Dubose is one hell of a coach!!!!

141857[/snapback]

He would be better if he could keep his pants zipped up.

• 1 year later...

Now we have Muschamp :big: I'm much more confident with him than I ever was with Gibbs...

Gibbs just never seemed to fit the criteria for a good college DC. He wouldn't speak to the press, and his gameplan was built on the basis of coaching in the NFL... not the SEC. The fact that Kentucky was able to run their offense in every which direction really made me have doubts.

Muschamp seems like a guy who knows college football and brings excitement to the players.

Gibbs name never came up in this oldie.  I wish it had never come up in football meetings.

241224[/snapback]

I'm thinking it's either Randy Shannon or Joe Gibbs son, I can't think of his name at this moment..........I heard his name brought up on the Bud and Amos Show this morning.......But, Coach Tubbs is busy right now.....I'd say the week after NSD we'll all know.

141347[/snapback]

Yes it did.....kinda, I just didn't get the Family Tree down pat.......Woo Hoo.......Do I get a cookie?

War "BY GOD" Eagle

Archived