FYI, from very sound source.

DKW 86

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Especially if Coach Hula's humping my leg everyday trying to get me to come to UAT, that would just give him and other Recruiters ammo against AU......

141431[/snapback]

Contrary to popular belief, we go head to head with UAT on a very small percentage of recruits. I don't worry about Interim Coach Shula as much as Phillip, Urbane Meyer, Daddy Bowden and Richt.

However, when we get a guy like Tommy Trott in a head to head battle with the Tide, it is very sweet. Yes, yes, all you Bama guys, I know his dad played at Auburn, but his grandfather was a Bama player and his mom is an Alabama fan. And never underestimate the influence of a woman...

141440[/snapback]

I should've cleared it up........If I was a Highly Touted Hot Shot LB/DE Recruit from Tuscaloosa, If I felt 'da Bahr was still walking the sidelines, and if I lived in the Trailer with Destiny beside the Tuberville-Denny Stadium...........I'd have Interm Coach hula Humping my leg, trying to get me to come to bammer....... :puke::ua:

Auburn will not lose ANY "recruits" to uat. NO, not one.

Count on it. :au:

Hey I just got back on the board. I think you guys mis-interpreted my comments. I was trying to tell you that he is still recruiting/working but not actually preparing for a game.

I have not named him. I have not tried to stir any comments anyway.

I just wanted to tell you that CTT was not caught off guard as many supposed and had a few hints that several others have seen in the Barn. Tommy is busy trying to finalize the recruiting season and then will seal the deal with the guy. The interviewing he will do will be pro-forma at best.

Look at what CTT said already:

Outside the SEC, Shake up the D a bit. Experienced DC/HC. CTT knows the guy well and/or worked with him before.

You guys can do some math?

BTW, I hereby admonish myself for the no-link rule....(Smack!)

There, we all feel better now. :big:

Guest Tigrinum Major
Hey I just got back on the board. I think you guys mis-interpreted my comments. I was trying to tell you that he is still recruiting/working but not actually preparing for a game.

I just wanted to tell you that CTT was not caught off guard as many supposed and had a few hints that several others have seen in the Barn. Tommy is busy trying to finalize the recruiting season and then will seal the deal with the guy. The interviewing he will do will be pro-forma at best.

Outside the SEC, Shake up the D a bit. Experienced DC/HC. CTT knows the guy well and/or worked with him before.

141459[/snapback]

Sounds like Tubs might be looking at switching from Coke to RC.

141459[/snapback]

Hmmmm let's see who fits these clues.

R.C.Slocumb?

Denny Erickson?

Jimmy Johnson?

Mike Riley?

Now of these who needs or wants a job.....Slocumb and Erickson.

I would bet on Slocumb. In fact I would be a whole dollar :D:D

Swweeeett.........We're getting Bill Parcells....YEAAAHHH.........Ah Crap, I Dosed off........What's the question??? Oh yeah..........Coach Gruden spoke with Carnell, Jason, Carlos, and Junior at the Senior Bowl.......He said that he'll accept the offer....... :big: Sweet.......War "BY GOD" Eagle.

so you would rather us lie to recruits knowing full well a coach was leaving? that is low class in my opinion and i believe auburn is above that.

141450[/snapback]

Of course not. But it shouldn't have to be that way. It's an unwritten code among coaches that if you make a move do it as soon as the season is over or wait until signing day. Never do it a week or so before signing day. Brown is the villian here. He should never have made his DC selection until after signing day and put Chizik/Auburn in the bad situation. That's one reason Tubs is waiting now until after signing day.

Hmmmm let's see who fits these clues.

R.C.Slocumb?

Denny Erickson?

Jimmy Johnson?

Mike Riley?

Now of these who needs or wants a job

"Could it beeeee....Satan?" :thedeal: :demon7: :huh:

No linky, no posty...unless of course you own the board...and have some juicy first hand gossip/information that fills the void after football season. :big:

141461[/snapback]

You got me Counsellor!

I have it from an irreverent source that we will have co-D coordinators like Texas. We are getting Buddy Ryan and Mike Ditka if they are both still living.

Link

Stat, How about this as a reply.

What can you tell us about Ensminger?

Think Man!

141505[/snapback]

Not Stat but I know a lot of things about Ensminger, One is that he was the QB coach and OC at Texas A&M from 94-96 under R.C. Slocum.

Am I warm?

Here's the way to decipher all of DKW's hints: don't focus on just one hint, but use them all to eliminate candidates. So let's look at each of his hints and compare with potential candidates:

"Outside the SEC"

1. R.C. Slocum

2. Dennis Erikson

3. Dave Campo

4. Will Muscamp

5. Mike DuBose

6. Joe Lee Dunn

"Shake up the D a bit

All of the above, especially Dunn

"Experienced DC/HC"

Now this one is interesting. The way it was printed, the person must have been a DC and a HC.

1. R.C Slocum

2. Dennis Erikson

3. Dave Campo

4. Mike Dubose

"CTT knows the guy well and/or worked with him before"

Read this carefully...he didn't have to do both, but he could have.

1. R.C. Slocum

2. Dennis Erikson

3. Dave Campo

"What can you tell us about Ensminger?"

Now this is the interesting one....Ensminger was a former college coach who was coaching HS when hired by CTT. And guess who meets this criteria?

1. Mike DuBose

Say it ain't so!!!!!!!!!!

OK DKW, give us some more hints, or we'll call Dr. Ed ourselves. After all, he is your unimpeachable source isn't he? (I don't think you can impeach a university prez, or can you?)

Boss,,,,seems to me the better clue related to Ensminger doesn't point to Dumbose but to Slocum. And after all you know we aren't going to hire Dumbose. I ad rather hire Finebaum :big::big:

Why didn't you include Jimmy Johnson and Mike Riley on your list. Of course they are easily to delete.

One thought about the Ensminger clue from DKW86 is intriguing. Remember Esnminger was part of the failure in the dual OC deal with Nall. Could he be hinting that Tubs himself would take over the DC job. Better add Tubs to your list of candidates :big::big:

Now that it has been established that Ensminger was OC at Texas A & M from 94-96, the cat is out of the bag. CTT was the DC at TAMU in 1995. CTT and Ensminger were both Coords for Slocumb in 1995!

I now declare R.C. Slocum as the winner.

Wow!!!!!! I think he would be a great choice....but so would Campo and Muscamp.

Go CTT!!

BTW PT, I never meant Mike "the philanderer" Dumbose as a serious candidate. I just don't think the words "class" and "integrity" are in his vocabulary. He wouldn't fit well with CTT.

You know, I think RC was on the "short-list" of candidates who were interviewed for the HC job at Auburn when Pat Dye stepped down. Maybe we should have gotten him then?

I, for one, hope this rumor is true. To me, it would provide some stablilty because he's not some young guy looking to make a name for himself and move on. Also, he was born in Lousiana, and I'd love to steal some huge, lightning-fast recruit whose name ends in an "x" from those damn corndogs. :big:

Okay guys. I cant say more. CTT is very prepared on this and I look for an announcement by 2-9-05. Proforma Interviews and contracts take time.

"It's not that he left, it's the timing. I just don't see why he could not have waited until after signing day".

Hmmm...I get it, don't tell the 18 year olds you're leaving until AFTER they've made one of the biggest decisions in their lives. Brilliant!

What Jenny said. At this point Tubbs is less likely to be going anywhere than the aging, average, Mack Brown. And to think Chizik would actually speak positively about his new employer. Outrageous!

Okay guys. I cant say more. CTT is very prepared on this and is I look for an announcement by 2-9-05.

141566[/snapback]

Today is 25 Jan. We have to wait 16 days for the official announcement? Get out! We need one hint per day. :D

Okay guys. I cant say more. CTT is very prepared on this and is I look for an announcement by 2-9-05.

141566[/snapback]

Today is 25 Jan. We have to wait 16 days for the official announcement? Get out! We need one hint per day. :D

141572[/snapback]

Let CTT finish the Recruiting year!

No rush on contracts.

Another thing, I never said Who it was, or wasnt.

Crux of the thread CTT has things well under control. He was pretty much prepared for the loss. Relax! He has a primary and an alternate just in case.

Archived