FYI, from very sound source.

DKW 86

From a very sound source very close to CTT. The DC is already chosen and there are a few very confident smiles around the Athletic facilities.

The primary source is so far Unimpeachable...and not Dan Rather unimpeachable I might add. ;)

Why is he not announced yet? Several very good reasons, he is very busy at the moment? That does not mean still coaching btw.

CTT is still too busy to talk/interview but my impression is that the new DC is already a done deal. Seems Tommy kind of expected CGC to be moving on on some level.

I personally like CGC and hope to see him again at :au: in the future, maybe as CTT's replacement later on down the road. Remember, we do not need another Asst to HC thing We want a HC as a replacement for Tommy when he does retire. We need CGC go get some HC experience and be ready for later on.

Was very happy for the e-mail btw. :big:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Tigrinum Major

Does this count as a rumor mongering post? I know you are an admin guru and all, but how can you dangle this bit of info out there and then not come through with some solid info?

I am more interested in this than I am all the recruiting talk...

i will be pulling for who ever plays texas and i never want whats' his name back at AU....if he had left to be a HC,fine,but he left because he thought AU wasn't good enough for him....screw him

141317[/snapback]

I never thought that I wouls say this but...I agree completely!!!

Since DKW is not letting on who the DC will be, I'm going to speculate. Let's see:

Pat Dye is not in coaching right now, and it's deer season so he's obviously very busy.......or

Bill Oliver is not coaching right now either and he's probably deer hunting with Pat Dye......or

Terry Bowden is not coaching and he's probably busy running his mouth somewhere, or waffling down pizzas at Dominos....

Wayne Hall after all was a great defensive coach and he's busy building houses and running the Chett Williams Ministries....

OK, enough kidding. DKW, I'm going to take a real guess....it's R.C. Slocumb. He meets the criteria, is very close to CTT, and according to Finebaum a few weeks ago President Bush called Skip Bertman at LSU and asked him to give R.C. an interview.

WDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm thinking it's either Randy Shannon or Joe Gibbs son, I can't think of his name at this moment..........I heard his name brought up on the Bud and Amos Show this morning.......But, Coach Tubbs is busy right now.....I'd say the week after NSD we'll all know.

Link?  *grin*

141365[/snapback]

TEE HEE...if you'll pardon me! :P:)

:au::homer:

I completely disagree with those that "hate" CGC. I am disappointed that Chizik decided to go elsewhere, but I have no ill will toward the man.

He has no ties to Auburn like many of us fans do. He is only doing what he feels is best for him and his family. Who are we to say if he is making the right decision for the Chizik family? I absolutely love my job and the company I work for. But if I thought I could do better for myself and my family by leaving, I would absolutely do it...And it would in no way shape or form be disrespecting my current employer.

I have worked in a position where I hired people before. I saw some of those people leave for what they perceived to be better opportunities. I was happy for them and wished them only the best.

I think it is a bit childish and rather selfish to attack someone because they don't feel the same bond with Auburn as all of us. This "hateful" attitude has been shared by quite a few all over this site. Your entitled to your opinion, and I don't mean to flame all of you for it, but I did want to share my opinion.

Maybe I am wrong, but I just feel like (as an Auburn fan) we should be held to a different standard.

i will be pulling for who ever plays texas and i never want whats' his name back at AU....if he had left to be a HC,fine,but he left because he thought AU wasn't good enough for him....screw him

141317[/snapback]

I agree with TomBigbeeTiger ... because of the way and timing of his departure I do NOT want him back. I do not believe there is any possibility that we at AU would even consider his return in any capacity.

I like Gene Chizik but I just think he could have handled the situation alot better. It's not that he left, it's the timing. I just don't see why he could not have waited until after signing day. But, I blame Mack Brown more than I do him. Mack Brown just showed that he was a sleeze ball by contacting and interviewing him during recruiting. Atleast Tuberville has the class to wait until after recruiting is over. It just pisses me off that this is going to affect a class that was looking to be great.

I completely disagree with those that "hate" CGC.  I am disappointed that Chizik decided to go elsewhere, but I have no ill will toward the man.

He has no ties to Auburn like many of us fans do.  He is only doing what he feels is best for him and his family.  Who are we to say if he is making the right decision for the Chizik family?  I absolutely love my job and the company I work for.  But if I thought I could do better for myself and my family by leaving, I would absolutely do it...And it would in no way shape or form be disrespecting my current employer.

I have worked in a position where I hired people before.  I saw some of those people leave for what they perceived to be better opportunities.  I was happy for them and wished them only the best.

I think it is a bit childish and rather selfish to attack someone because they don't feel the same bond with Auburn as all of us.  This "hateful" attitude has been shared by quite a few all over this site.  Your entitled to your opinion, and I don't mean to flame all of you for it, but I did want to share my opinion.

Maybe I am wrong, but I just feel like (as an Auburn fan) we should be held to a different standard.

141422[/snapback]

ABSOLUTELY what he said.

141317[/snapback]

I with TomBigbeeTiger ... because of the way and timing of his departure I do NOT want him back. I do not believe there is any possibility that we at AU would even consider his return in any capacity.

141423[/snapback]

I have no clue what you are talking about - there was nothing sneaky or low rent or underhanded about CGC's decision to go to TX - CTT OBVIOUSLY knew all about it, as he gave Mack permission to talk to CGC. Tubby says he and mack are friends - so I would imagine if Tubby ahd a problem wiht the timing, he would have asked Mack to wait until after signing day. But Tubby most likely didn't want to do anything underhanded to the recruits we were trying to sign - to imply that CGC would be there and then "SURPRISE!" :angry:

Timing and stating that Texas was a better launch into head coaching positions are what got me upset. Sure more asst. coaches have been hired into head coaching positions from Texas, but there was no need to make that comment - low class. By basic logic if Texas is better for HC positions - it is the same as saying AU is worse for HC positions.

I know that Coach Tubbs is busy, but.........If the DC is going to be a Homerun Hitter and he's not DC and/or HC anywhere, then why would he not be named as Our DC? I would think that it'll help out our recruiting of Defensive players........I mean, if I'm a Highly touted Hot Shot LB/DE Recruit and I had AU on my list because of CGC and because of AU, then Coach Chiz leaves, I'd second guess my decision.....Especially if Coach Hula's humping my leg everyday trying to get me to come to UAT, that would just give him and other Recruiters ammo against AU......Now if Tubbs brings in say..........Coach Parcells, Cowher, Marvin Lewis, or even R.C., that would be a Major Plus for AU.......That's just IMO.

Timing and stating that Texas was a better launch into head coaching positions are what got me upset.  Sure more asst. coaches have been hired into head coaching positions from Texas, but there was no need to make that comment - low class.  By basic logic if Texas is better for HC positions - it is the same as saying AU is worse for HC positions.

141430[/snapback]

To me it says that the Big Twelve is one big head coach revolving door, and better to go ahead and be in the conference, ready to jump in the next time Nebraska decides they are sliding into mediocrity...

Look at the SEC - Tuuby, Nutt, and Phat Phil have all been around a good while. SPurrier hung on for about ten years, and now he's back for a while. Other than Alabama, :D , head coaching jobs in the SEC are few and far between. It is harder to jump conference to conference, IMO.

I love you guys' "reliable"/"sound" source comments...it's always funny...gets everyone all excited...haha

Guest Tigrinum Major
Especially if Coach Hula's humping my leg everyday trying to get me to come to UAT, that would just give him and other Recruiters ammo against AU......

141431[/snapback]

Contrary to popular belief, we go head to head with UAT on a very small percentage of recruits. I don't worry about Interim Coach Shula as much as Phillip, Urbane Meyer, Daddy Bowden and Richt.

However, when we get a guy like Tommy Trott in a head to head battle with the Tide, it is very sweet. Yes, yes, all you Bama guys, I know his dad played at Auburn, but his grandfather was a Bama player and his mom is an Alabama fan. And never underestimate the influence of a woman...

I completely disagree with those that "hate" CGC.  I am disappointed that Chizik decided to go elsewhere, but I have no ill will toward the man.

He has no ties to Auburn like many of us fans do.  He is only doing what he feels is best for him and his family.  Who are we to say if he is making the right decision for the Chizik family?  I absolutely love my job and the company I work for.  But if I thought I could do better for myself and my family by leaving, I would absolutely do it...And it would in no way shape or form be disrespecting my current employer.

I have worked in a position where I hired people before.  I saw some of those people leave for what they perceived to be better opportunities.  I was happy for them and wished them only the best.

I think it is a bit childish and rather selfish to attack someone because they don't feel the same bond with Auburn as all of us.  This "hateful" attitude has been shared by quite a few all over this site.  Your entitled to your opinion, and I don't mean to flame all of you for it, but I did want to share my opinion.

141422[/snapback]

ABSOLUTELY what he said.

141317[/snapback]

I with TomBigbeeTiger ... because of the way and timing of his departure I do NOT want him back. I do not believe there is any possibility that we at AU would even consider his return in any capacity.

141423[/snapback]

I have no clue what you are talking about - there was nothing sneaky or low rent or underhanded about CGC's decision to go to TX - CTT OBVIOUSLY knew all about it, as he gave Mack permission to talk to CGC. Tubby says he and mack are friends - so I would imagine if Tubby ahd a problem wiht the timing, he would have asked Mack to wait until after signing day. But Tubby most likely didn't want to do anything underhanded to the recruits we were trying to sign - to imply that CGC would be there and then "SURPRISE!" :angry:

141428[/snapback]

There was much that was low class in CGC's departure. The timing was very hurtful to our defensive recruiting which would not have been the case had the guy waited until after signing ... competing coaches at other schools could effectively use this to get inside the heads of some of the young men we are trying to sign. In addition his comments about how great the Texas program is is only a backhanded slap in the face for AU. Its one thing to think this, but its another thing to verbalize it all over the place ... its known as burning the bridges behind you. There was absolutely no class in the way CGC handled this situation.

kingfish, I agree. While TT gave Chizik permission to talk to Texas, he didn't think Texas would hire anyone until after signing day. Some of his recent remarks indicate he is less than pleased with the way Brown/Chizik handled this deal.

Maybe some day Petrino and Chizik will end up at the same school. Thye deserve each other. I thank them both for their contributions to Auburn but they have a lot to learn abour relationships. I hope neither ever end up at Auburn again. Ditto for Rodney Garner among others.

Archived