***Auburn vs. Texas A&M - Game Thread***

RunInRed

1 minute ago, metafour said:

You are talking college football.  Who is a "lockdown" corner in college football where offense dominates? Chad Kelly just threw for 420 against Alabama, and they've got guys who will go 1st-3rd round easy.

Kind of proves my point. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Play calling is so much more conservative than last week. I understand we're playing a better team but still. Where's the deep shots? Not even deep, but a pass more than 10 yards? 

1 minute ago, CAReeves2010 said:

We don't exactly need tall guys in the secondary especially at corner. It's more about position and technique than height 

Our guys with both of that are getting bullied by far taller and bigger guys. Holsey looked like an exception week 1 but Reynolds is getting used as more than just a possession receiver like Mike Will

3 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Carlton Davis isn't as good as the fan base makes him out. He's good. Probably will be great by next year, he'll play in the NFL. But right now he can't match up with those elite guys. And I think kirk is good but the other guy is great

The guy from Clemson is literally the only guy to abuse him, and he's the best receiver in the country.  Who's the lockdown corner on Alabama's defense who just let them throw for 420 yards?

9 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Can't really say he got beat on the first one. The other guy is just faster. Other than that, he played it well.

Oh I'm not saying he didn't. He played tight coverage and held his own, but just wish a little inside help. 

Just now, TAYLORKEETON said:

Play calling is so much more conservative than last week. I understand we're playing a better team but still. Where's the deep shots? Not even deep, but a pass more than 10 yards? 

We're setting them up?

:gofig:

4 minutes ago, AUGoo said:

Really? I disagree.

He only knows one play.

He ran the read option and the qb keeper last game and we have seen him throw a screen pass against clemson ... so that's false.

Not that we have many options with Kerryon in 

Just now, TAYLORKEETON said:

The guys aren't getting open, no time to throw it deep

Just now, metafour said:

The guy from Clemson is literally the only guy to abuse him, and he's the best receiver in the country.  Who's the lockdown corner on Alabama's defense who just let them throw for 420 yards?

I don't care about Alabama but I know what I'm seeing. And you are the one screaming lockdown. I'm talking match up and we don't have a corner that can match up with Reynolds. Period.

6 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Not trying to be a smart-ass, honestly, but isn't that the definition of getting beat? The other guy getting to the ball faster? I guess you could mean, getting beat off the line or out of his break. 

To me getting beat means a breakdown in technique.  Sometimes you just meet up with better athletes. Good technique negates that a lot of the time.

Just now, bigbird said:

You can't throw deep if you don't have the time. Let's give Garrett 5 seconds to abuse Golson....great idea

The play calling needs work. We need to score if we want to win this game. At least 30 to have a chance

Archived