***Auburn vs. Texas A&M - Game Thread***

RunInRed

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, chimesAU said:

There are only a couple of teams in the country that have corners who can match up with aTm's receivers 1on1

We don't have a corner that can stop one guy one on one

Does Gus try to get into 3rd and long situations on O?   We play behind the line more than any team I have ever heard of.   When we do get into 3rd and short,  we always go for the all or nothing bomb.   Come on Gus surprise everyone,  get Pet. the ball,   get the 1st down!!!!

Just now, cole256 said:

We don't have a corner that can stop one guy one on one

I don't completely disagree but you've got to give C.Davis a little credit. He's not lockdown but he is good

4 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Can't really say he got beat on the first one. The other guy is just faster. Other than that, he played it well.

Not trying to be a smart-ass, honestly, but isn't that the definition of getting beat? The other guy getting to the ball faster? I guess you could mean, getting beat off the line or out of his break. 

1 minute ago, metafour said:

Carlton Davis cant match up with receivers? Christian Kirk has 6 yards....

Carlton Davis isn't as good as the fan base makes him out. He's good. Probably will be great by next year, he'll play in the NFL. But right now he can't match up with those elite guys. And I think kirk is good but the other guy is great

1 minute ago, far_away_fan said:

I'd rather see JFIII go in as wildcat. Less predictable for the defense. And would give him confidence.

Really? I disagree.

He only knows one play.

Just now, chimesAU said:

I don't completely disagree but you've got to give C.Davis a little credit. He's not lockdown but he is good

You are talking college football.  Who is a "lockdown" corner in college football where offense dominates? Chad Kelly just threw for 420 against Alabama, and they've got guys who will go 1st-3rd round easy.

Just now, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Another mass secondary recruiting session will definitely be in order 

Key feature needed TALL, second BUILT 

We don't exactly need tall guys in the secondary especially at corner. It's more about position and technique than height 

Archived