Would any of you be mad if White transferred?

Skyler97

4 hours ago, AcUmen said:

No.  Sean is not as good as Trevor Knight.  Sorry, he's just not.  Knight is a far better runner, is a lot bigger and looks like an NFL QB.  

White is probably a more accurate passer, but that's all.  He's just too damn small.

Knight completed 50% of his passes on Saturday.  White completed 66% with Miles Garrett in his face all day.  Knight is a bigger, which give him some advantage in escaping pressure, but he's not a better runner (I'd call them even... Sean is shiftier and maybe a little faster, Knight has the advantage of power) or a better passer (White is more accurate and calmer in the pocket).  I guarantee you that if we switched QBs last week the end result would have been identical.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

The 1 thing I am absolutely positive of is that if we leave Sean in as QB the rest of the year, we will have a big fat LOSING SEASON! STARTING SAT. NIGHT WITH LSU

And why do you think that? Does ever other team we face have a Miles Garrett? If we can give Sean time, we have Arkansas State.  If we can't, we have Texas A&M.  Sean is a darn good QB who just needs his O-Line to do their job.

That being said, I'm fully on board for starting John against any team that has a great D-Line. He has a better chance of escaping pressure than Sean.

Just now, lionheartkc said:

Knight completed 50% of his passes on Saturday.  White completed 66% with Miles Garrett in his face all day.  Knight is a bigger, which give him some advantage in escaping pressure, but he's not a better runner (I'd call them even... Sean is shiftier and maybe a little faster, Knight has the advantage of power) or a better passer (White is more accurate and calmer in the pocket).  I guarantee you that if we switched QBs last week the end result would have been identical.

Knight made several plays with Lawson and Montravious gunning him down with his legs and arm as well. 

White completed 66% because a lot of his throws were less than ten yards.  How else can one be 12-16 with 92 yards at one point? And no, SW isn't faster than or more explosive than Knight. Even the announcers said as much. 

3 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Knight made several plays with Lawson and Montravious gunning him down with his legs and arm as well. 

White completed 66% because a lot of his throws were less than ten yards.  How else can one be 12-16 with 92 yards at one point? And no, SW isn't faster than or more explosive than Knight. Even the announcers said as much. 

White delivered 3 others for first downs that the WRs dropped (twice) or did not sit in the zone correctly (once).  Sean was not the problem that game...maybe where he went wrong is he wasn't on the same dysfunctional page as the rest of the coaches/players.

Just now, AUDevil said:

White delivered 3 others for first downs that the WRs dropped (twice) or did not sit in the zone correctly (once).  Sean was not the problem that game...maybe where he went wrong is he wasn't on the same dysfunctional page as the rest of the coaches/players.

I'm so tired of hearing the WR's drops excuse. Drops happen. Are y'all ready to fire Kodi Burns now?

BTW, the drop by Hastings was on SW. SW put way too much juice on the pass. And the pass couldn't have been much longer than 5 yards.

12 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I'm so tired of hearing the WR's drops excuse. Drops happen. Are y'all ready to fire Kodi Burns now?

BTW, the drop by Hastings was on SW. SW put way too much juice on the pass. And the pass couldn't have been much longer than 5 yards.

haha.  gotta catch those third down passes.

26 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

haha.  gotta catch those third down passes.

What you really mean to say is we got to complete them passes and keep our offense moving. There were times when our QB completely missed the target. In particular, one time he overthrew 6'4 Stephens in the flats. There were other times where the pass was caught but not in stride as it was an imperfect pass and it prevented the WR from gaining momentum. Let's quit blaming everybody. It's not the OL's fault either. Everybody in America can predict our offense. Even with our predictability, Garrett might have had two sacks, but he really didn't have his way. His sacks were because of some pulling guard play. 

31 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

And why do you think that? Does ever other team we face have a Miles Garrett? If we can give Sean time, we have Arkansas State.  If we can't, we have Texas A&M.  Sean is a darn good QB who just needs his O-Line to do their job.

That being said, I'm fully on board for starting John against any team that has a great D-Line. He has a better chance of escaping pressure than Sean.

I base my comments on reasoning. There are reasons why our offense if not being successful against good defenses. The main reason is that Gus' O is predicated on the notion of having a running QB as a threat to the defense, and our O line blocks for plays that are set up to be quick hitting plays. Sean is not that threat! Because our O-line is not structured to sustain blocks for more than 2-3 seconds, the D-lines for the opposing teams are pinning their ears back and coming with the pressure relentlessly! If JF3 was at QB, we would have the added element of a legitimite  running threat to the opposing defense, which would  force the defensive lines to pause and play run first, and therefore give the QB an extra second or two to throw the football. That, my brother is why our offense was not successful against Clemson nor TAM, and why it will not be successful against LSU, Arkansas, Ole Miss, Georgia, nor Alabama, and possibly Miss. St. with
Sean at QB. That is a game I believe we will win. The other 5 games, unless some strange things happen in our favor, I'm afraid we will lose. If you think with your heart all the time, you will usually forecast good results, if you think with your head, you will usually get the truth.

God gave Solomon a choice of anything in the world he could have and Solomon chose Wisdom.

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

Well this would be another Cole mentioned this post but as you know I'm not doing that yet

46 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

I base my comments on reasoning. There are reasons why our offense if not being successful against good defenses. The main reason is that Gus' O is predicated on the notion of having a running QB as a threat to the defense, and our O line blocks for plays that are set up to be quick hitting plays. Sean is not that threat! Because our O-line is not structured to sustain blocks for more than 2-3 seconds, the D-lines for the opposing teams are pinning their ears back and coming with the pressure relentlessly! If JF3 was at QB, we would have the added element of a legitimite  running threat to the opposing defense, which would  force the defensive lines to pause and play run first, and therefore give the QB an extra second or two to throw the football. That, my brother is why our offense was not successful against Clemson nor TAM, and why it will not be successful against LSU, Arkansas, Ole Miss, Georgia, nor Alabama, and possibly Miss. St. with
Sean at QB. That is a game I believe we will win. The other 5 games, unless some strange things happen in our favor, I'm afraid we will lose. If you think with your heart all the time, you will usually forecast good results, if you think with your head, you will usually get the truth.

God gave Solomon a choice of anything in the world he could have and Solomon chose Wisdom.

So every other team out there that runs a successful passing offense is just lucky?

Last I checked, every D-Line pins their ears back and comes with relentless pressure... That's their job.  I know that's what our D-Line was doing to A&M and their QB who's style is almost identical to Sean's. Yet they seemed to handle it and won the game.

I get it... you've bought into the whole Gus can't win without a running QB.  The truth is, Gus can't win without a line that protects his QB. If our O-line played as well as A&Ms line did, last week, we would have won.

As for Clemson... that was just a giant joke.  Even Cam would have failed in that debacle of a game plan.

6 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

So every other team out there that runs a successful passing offense is just lucky?

Last I checked, every D-Line pins their ears back and comes with relentless pressure... That's their job.  I know that's what our D-Line was doing to A&M and their QB who's style is almost identical to Sean's. Yet they seemed to handle it and won the game.

I get it... you've bought into the whole Gus can't win without a running QB.  The truth is, Gus can't win without a line that protects his QB. If our O-line played as well as A&Ms line did, last week, we would have won.

As for Clemson... that was just a giant joke.  Even Cam would have failed in that debacle of a game plan.

Apparently, you and I don't share the same philosophies, so I think we need to agree to disagree and move on. Have a blessed day.

27 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

Last I checked, every D-Line pins their ears back and comes with relentless pressure... That's their job

Against a one dimensional offense maybe. They still have to account for the running game....

Usually disappointed when a player leaves ( Roc) never mad. It's a dog eat dog world and you gotta live with your decisions not random fans that don't know you. 

10 hours ago, ellitor said:

Good point to point out that possibility. He would be eligible immediately. If he is close to graduating & Richt needs a QB I could see him going home to Miami.

Would actually be a good move for him with Richt.

10 hours ago, ArgoEagle said:

In 2014 we had Nick Marshall a dual treat quarterback in place. And what happen at the end of year a total collapse on the offense side and we have not been the same since. Saying if Shaun White is the starting quarterback vs JF3 we will a losing season does mesh. Our problems rest in Gus lack of development of the quarterback position and no game plan. Also, no development along the offensive line. 

3 hours ago, Tigercj said:

In 2014 we had Nick Marshall a dual treat quarterback in place. And what happen at the end of year a total collapse on the offense side and we have not been the same since. Saying if Shaun White is the starting quarterback vs JF3 we will a losing season does mesh. Our problems rest in Gus lack of development of the quarterback position and no game plan. Also, no development along the offensive line. 

A what? Nick lit up bama to the tune of 456 yards and 3 tds. He had 215 yards and 2 td vs Wiscy in the bowl game. What collapse are you talking about? The only bad game the offense had all year was at georgia.

6 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

A what? Nick lit up bama to the tune of 456 yards and 3 tds. He had 215 yards and 2 td vs Wiscy in the bowl game. What collapse are you talking about? The only bad game the offense had all year was at georgia.

Exactly right Gwill, our defense is what lost most of the games in 2014. The offense did a lot of damage except for the GA. game.

We have 2 major problems. Gus and his play calling and a crappy OL. Fix one of those and we might have a winning season.(above .500) If we don't....well you know the answer. We can argue about QBs...WRs and whatnot but if one of those 2...preferably both don't get fixed it ain't gonna matter either way. It starts up front. 

48 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

Exactly right Gwill, our defense is what lost most of the games in 2014. The offense did a lot of damage except for the GA. game.

Stalling out in the red zone, and having to settle for field goals, was a predominant trend at the end of 2014.

8 minutes ago, audeuce02 said:

Stalling out in the red zone, and having to settle for field goals, was a predominant trend at the end of 2014.

Well deuce, you put in your deuce cents worth, but I don't agree. We would have won 2-3 more games in 2014 if we had had a defense the caliber of the one we have now.

Hopefully, Gus will not wait til the game is out of hand this week to put JF3 in. If he does, it will be a carbon copy of the TAM game, and we get to here again next Tues. about how close we are (laugh) and about how we are going to get it fixed. Then we can tape record and play Gus' speech for every Tuesday press conference for the rest of the year, so he doesn't even have to show up for the press conference in person.

16 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

And did we win any of the games you mentioned in the last 5 games of that season we 1-4 only winning against Samford. So no I don't believe that starting JF3 vs SW will necessarily transmit to wins. 

2 hours ago, Tigercj said:

And did we win any of the games you mentioned in the last 5 games of that season we 1-4 only winning against Samford. So no I don't believe that starting JF3 vs SW will necessarily transmit to wins. 

I am not arguing that at all. What about my post makes you think that was what I was arguing for? Obviously I found fault that someone thinks the 2014 offense fell off a cliff late in the season and thats just not the case. Nick is a baller jf3 is no nick. Nick is a top 5 all time qb for AU.

Archived