Scarb's article

doug3020

4 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Do you believe that anyone thinks that far ahead?  :dunno:   I guess it's possible....though I don't see how this particular move would fit into an actual "long range plan".....cause they are connected at the hip it appears.

I guess maybe this is Rhett's " job interview"....kinda like South Carolina did with their OC when Spurrier was edged out.  He failed his test by the way.

I still think the plan is to jettison Rhett and keep Gus so that we aren't paying someone who isn't working for us, again, and aren't starting from scratch.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For anyone who watched the Auburn Review Show, look at the locker room after the win against LSU. That is a team who is fired up and has bought into the coaching staff and according to the numbers the offense is showing improvement. Now the difference between 2013 and 2016 offenses in terms of play calling isn't very much; it is about execution. In 2013 we ran the same offense until the other team could stop us, in 2016 we're looking at running it until it works. I too am kinda starting to believe that Gus might not be wrong about us being close to turning that corner, but if we're not careful week be in the same boat as LSU. 

All that to make this point is that I believe that giving up on this coaching staff may not be warranted just yet. I believe that we can be a very competitive team even this year, but if we are improve to the next level, Gus needs a foil hopefully in the form of an Art or Kendall Briles. I think in an optimal situation, our offense continues to improve under Lashlee, we end the season with a winning record, Lashlee gets "poached" by Arkansas State leaving an opening for a Briles to take over at OC.

TL;DR: With the way the team is responding to Gus' lead I feel that right now is too soon to still be discussing cutting ties.

4 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

Now the difference between 2013 and 2016 offenses in terms of play calling isn't very much; it is about execution. In 2013 we ran the same offense until the other team could stop us, in 2016 we're looking at running it until it works.

It's also about Offensive Line.  In 2013 we had one of the best in the country.  This system works like a charm when you are opening up holes all day long.

5 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

if we are improve to the next level, Gus needs a foil hopefully in the form of an Art or Kendall Briles. I think in an optimal situation, our offense continues to improve under Lashlee, we end the season with a winning record, Lashlee gets "poached" by Arkansas State leaving an opening for a Briles to take over at OC.

I think you are dead on here.

5 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

With the way the team is responding to Gus' lead I feel that right now is too soon to still be discussing cutting ties

TOTALLY agree.

31 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

TL;DR: With the way the team is responding to Gus' lead I feel that right now is too soon to still be discussing cutting ties.

With ya on that one.

Archived