Offense finding an identity

StatTiger

• Last season Auburn's offense generated only 7 TD plays beyond 20-yards for the entire season. The 2016 Auburn offense has equaled this total through five games.

• Last season Auburn's offense had six plays of 30-yards or more through 5 games into the season. This season they have 13.

• Last season through 5 games, the Auburn offense totaled 24 impact plays or plays of 15-yards or more. This season Auburn has 44 through 5 games. 

• Last season through 5 games, Auburn averaged 5.31 yards per offensive snap. This season it has increased to 6.05 yards per play.

• Last season through 5 games, Auburn averaged 343.8 yards per game compared to 488.6 yards this season.

No doubt the offense is still a work in progress but they are clearly in better shape this season through 5 games compared to 2015.
  • Like 2

True. Last year in week 4 we had to swap  QBs. We are at least not doing that bad in this stretch. Not sure how much better we will be this season though. We are obviously better than we were week one, but how much? Really cannot tell if we still cannot score. I think you should change the meaning of "impact" plays to touchdowns since our current impact plays are not making an "impact" on the scoreboard. Kidding...

Edited by aujeff11

• RunInRed featured and pinned this topic

Ideally, our offense finds their identity in the Spring, not midway through the season, as has been the case the last couple of seasons. :angry:

But, I agree, it seems like we are starting to gel and the MSU game will be the first big test. We have a lot of young players who are starting to step up and show what they can do and lead the team and that is an encouraging sign.

Even though MSU is struggling, I still think this game will tell if we've really turned the corner. DM hates Auburn, and will throw caution to the wind, to get the W.

I am getting the feeling that we are going to be in for an exciting ride the rest of the season. War Eagle and let's cram some cowbells where the Sun don't shine.

18 hours ago, Dan-0 said:

Ideally, our offense finds their identity in the Spring, not midway through the season, as has been the case the last couple of seasons. :angry:

But, I agree, it seems like we are starting to gel and the MSU game will be the first big test. We have a lot of young players who are starting to step up and show what they can do and lead the team and that is an encouraging sign.

Perhaps it wou l d have if the man being paid to call plays didn't wait 3 seasons and 3 games to get to do his job.

3 minutes ago, wde1968 said:

Perhaps it wou l d have if the man being paid to call plays didn't wait 3 seasons and 3 games to get to do his job.

That's on Gus, not Rhett.

If you hire someone to do a job, you let them do the job or you find someone else to do the job.

1 minute ago, Never2Yield said:

That's on Gus, not Rhett.

If you hire someone to do a job, you let them do the job or you find someone else to do the job.

Yes I meant it was on Gus. I think Rhett has opened it up a lot over what Gus was attempting . 

Just now, wde1968 said:

Yes I meant it was on Gus. I think Rhett has opened it up a lot over what Gus was attempting . 

Alright, got you.