Rhett leaves AU / New OC discussion (Merged)

auburnphan

7 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

As has been mentioned...Rhett hasn't hired a receivers coach, yet...

AU-North is where you're supposed to learn on the job

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

What about Gilbert? I don't know much about him but from what I have read on him in this thread he seems like a prime candidate. Any word on him? 

Mixed reports. Would like to get him though.

2 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

Oh... Spurrier would win that one, easily... especially since Gus has looked up to him forever.

Spurrier will not come. He is the new "Mr. Two Bits for the Florida Gators" He leads the 2-bit cheer before the kickoff of Gator games,

Just now, tigerchris said:

Maybe our next oc is still coaching?

Would be 1 heck of a shocker but I can't see a succesful NFL play caller come to AU.

5 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Image result for plan c

o.k WDE you can wake up from your dream time now; I believe your having a nightmare.

I honestly think what is going on is not a bunch of hits and misses. I think Gus has his guy and will let us know when he is good and ready. I think we have had a lot of fun throwing out names for the job. Even Hand for job is a little stretch in all directions.

It will be from these:

1. Chip Lindsey

2. Gilbert

3. Kiffin & Kendall

4. Helfrich

5. outside chance Yurich

It will be from these men.  If Gus goes indoors for his OC I hope it is Tim Horton. By the time I finish this post, we may have already known who the hire is. You ask me how I know this? Karma and a box of Ex-lax!

10 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Image result for plan c

Basically! I would love to know some possible reasons why he decided to no longer he wanted to be considered. 

1 hour ago, auburnphan said:

Oklahoma State OC Mike Yurcich let Triple Play Sports Radio and know he took his name out on the Auburn OC job.

Did he at least play the game enough to get himself a raise?  If not, he is not good at strategy so we wouldn't have wanted him anyways. ?

26 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

What about Gilbert? I don't know much about him but from what I have read on him in this thread he seems like a prime candidate. Any word on him? 

He's my choice, compared to who's been mentioned... even compared to KB.

2 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

I honestly think what is going on is not a bunch of hits and misses. I think Gus has his guy and will let us know when he is good and ready. I think we have had a lot of fun throwing out names for the job. Even Hand for job is a little stretch in all directions.

It will be from these:

1. Chip Lindsey

2. Gilbert

3. Kiffin & Kendall

4. Helfrich

5. outside chance Yurich

It will be from these men.  If Gus goes indoors for his OC I hope it is Tim Horton. By the time I finish this post, we may have already known who the hire is. You ask me how I know this? Karma and a box of Ex-lax!

Unfortunately this is not the case. IMO it will either be #1 or #2. #2 is a good hire. #1 is a complete miss. Just don't see Gus handing his offense over to Gilbert. Going to be Lindsey. 

8 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Would be 1 heck of a shocker but I can't see a succesful NFL play caller come to AU.

If that were to happen (NFL), I'd figure on it being a QB coach to OC move.

5 minutes ago, WarEagle1983 said:

Basically! I would love to know some possible reasons why he decided to no longer he wanted to be considered. 

Okie St will match any offer that he gets from either AU. Pretty much used us to get a nice raise. 

Archived