Rhett leaves AU / New OC discussion (Merged)

auburnphan

12 minutes ago, aufan57 said:

Image result for coaching search plan fails

If at first...

well,...

I'd really hate to miss when we get up to Germans at Pearl Harbor.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Okie St will match any offer that he gets from either AU. Pretty much used us to get a nice raise. 

Kind of had to know that was coming when the face to face meeting with him was the only one that leaked to the Internet.

Just now, AUDevil said:

Remember last year when we didn't get the guy from FSU and how distraught the message boards were?

Auburn fandom... where the Tigers roar and the sky is always falling...

1 minute ago, AUDevil said:

Well...are you distraught this year?

He was being sarcastic. He initially was not crazy about CKS.

I admit I liked Yurich but I am not distraught as despite all the doom and gloom there is no immediate need for an OC hire. We are not losing any of our Offensive commits because of Rhet leaving we don't have a highly ranked Offensive recruit that a new OC has to close on.  At this time of the year it is recruiting. We have our QB and TE on campus we have 3 solid O-Linemen, We have one WR that many are saying is a steal. We would like 1 more O-line but it wouldn't be that bad if we didn't get one, another receiver would be nice but with last years class not that important and the only position on O that we need is HB and we have a couple of possibilities on that front with our RB coach as the recruiter.

I am not happy that it is taking this long but again as long as we get a good hire it won't hurt us. Worse case is we end up with a younger coach with a little less experience the we wanted but sometimes they turn out to be diamonds in the rough because they are hungry.

4 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I admit I liked Yurich but I am not distraught as despite all the doom and gloom there is no immediate need for an OC hire. We are not losing any of our Offensive commits because of Rhet leaving we don't have a highly ranked Offensive recruit that a new OC has to close on.  At this time of the year it is recruiting. We have our QB and TE on campus we have 3 solid O-Linemen, We have one WR that many are saying is a steal. We would like 1 more O-line but it wouldn't be that bad if we didn't get one, another receiver would be nice but with last years class not that important and the only position on O that we need is HB and we have a couple of possibilities on that front with our RB coach as the recruiter.

I am not happy that it is taking this long but again as long as we get a good hire it won't hurt us. Worse case is we end up with a younger coach with a little less experience the we wanted but sometimes they turn out to be diamonds in the rough because they are hungry.

Don't we have enough coaches learning on the job?

1 hour ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

I fully agree he made some less than desirable hires when he was first hired. But he KNOWS his job is on the line with this hire. This hire will make or break him, at least as coach at Auburn. He should have full autonomy over this hire.

So what you see is that kids who go to non P5 schools can handle things that P5 kids can't handle? He has his program. He has coached with Taggart before... They have never had these issues...

Again,   Gus has everything he needs to excel this upcoming season, it's make or break time for him. He should have full autonomy over this hire. Hamstringing him by saying he can't hire this coach or that coach is setting him up to fail. If we are doing that, and we have no confidence in Gus, or his decision making, why even keep him? It makes no sense to me... 

Who said they had history of using this method of traininig. Maybe he read about these kids mailing it in at workouts and wanted to change the culture in an extreme way. There's no limit on how far to push a kid but u gotta monitor that kid to make sure ur not pushing them too far. These kids had to piss cherry cola for the coaches to realize they may have taken it tooooo far.

7 minutes ago, Jgarrett7 said:

On your local NBC/CBS/ABC affiliate

Many, many thanks.

53 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Unfortunately this is not the case. IMO it will either be #1 or #2. #2 is a good hire. #1 is a complete miss. Just don't see Gus handing his offense over to Gilbert. Going to be Lindsey. 

I am not convinced that Gus would hand his offense over to anyone, unless he was ordered to do so.

Outside of Auburn Forums, this OC search is not much news at all to casual fans and external fans. No one is laughing and no one expects an answer right this moment. Sure recruiting is important but vetting a good candidate is much more than important than losing maybe one recruit. 

I've taken longer to hire a plumber. 

I am actually okay with this taking longer than hoped for.  I would rather Gus take his time and make the right hire, than go out and rush to hire the first guy he sees that will run a spread offense.  A perfect example is JFIII, Gus rushed out to get a dual threat guy because everyone was screaming for one, and made am "impulse buy."  I think how he handled hiring Steele was a really good way of going about it.  Instead of getting another splash hire that would be a "one and done," he took his time to find a really good DC that plans on staying here for a really long time.  And Steele has gotten at least one 5* recruit both years he has recruited for us (TD Moultry just earned 5* status for his play in his senior year).  I know the timing is not perfect with National Signing Day around the corner, but looking at the Twitter of our recruits, no one is becoming shaky on their commitment to us.  Let's get the right guy so we don't have to do this next year.  One thing you cannot fault Gus on is his ability to get the right coordinators/staff for Auburn.

2 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I am actually okay with this taking longer than hoped for.  I would rather Gus take his time and make the right hire, than go out and rush to hire the first guy he sees that will run a spread offense.  A perfect example is JFIII, Gus rushed out to get a dual threat guy because everyone was screaming for one, and made am "impulse buy."  I think how he handled hiring Steele was a really good way of going about it.  Instead of getting another splash hire that would be a "one and done," he took his time to find a really good DC that plans on staying here for a really long time.  And Steele has gotten at least one 5* recruit both years he has recruited for us (TD Moultry just earned 5* status for his play in his senior year).  I know the timing is not perfect with National Signing Day around the corner, but looking at the Twitter of our recruits, no one is becoming shaky on their commitment to us.  Let's get the right guy so we don't have to do this next year.  One thing you cannot fault Gus on is his ability to get the right coordinators/staff for Auburn.

Gus got a dual threat QB on his own accord. Had nothing to do with anyone else and if it did he needs to resign right now . It's not about splAsh hires. It is aboutique getting the right person. Not about just getting who you are comfortable with either 

Archived