Rhett leaves AU / New OC discussion (Merged)

auburnphan

6 minutes ago, AU4life1 said:

Gus ought to look at Patrick Nix for off-field offensive consultant. He runs a spread offense that is very good. He has been a successful High school coach at Scottsboro. And we all love him.

Fixed it for you.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Soooo. We are at page 80. If we get to over page 100 does that mean we won't get an OC for 2017 (Recruiting reference for those who may not get it).

3 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

The funny thing is, people have no problem talking trash about coaches that they worked for. Saban has a horrible rep, as does Kiffin, and it's not like the interviews about them were anonymous. People have no problem airing dirty laundry about coaches and sports networks eat that stuff for breakfast.

Most people don't put a name to it. Can you cite any coach who has said anything bad about NS without the word sources being added to it?

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Soooo. We are at page 80. If we get to over page 100 does that mean we won't get an OC for 2017 (Recruiting reference for those who may not get it).

How long ''twas the hire Muschamp thread that we all were giddy and excited about? That one delivered. 

Just listened to an Auburn beat writer on the local (Huntsville) radio show.  I don't know what kind of connections he actually has, but he said they have an updated list of ten potential candidates coming out soon.  

Does that mean he has no clue?  Sounds like he has no clue.

Jason Caldwell is up next.....

WDE!

EDIT:  Learned nothing.....

EDIT 2:  It was Bryan Matthews.  Host misspoke.  JC up now.....

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

Most people don't put a name to it. Can you cite any coach who has said anything bad about NS without the word sources being added to it?

No. But several players. Including our own and Plaxico Burress.

5 minutes ago, DAG said:

"I don't recall a happy moment. I just recall the ass chewings. I won't take that part of the process with me, though." - Lane Kiffin

Just now, lionheartkc said:

"I don't recall a happy moment. I just recall the ass chewings. I won't take that part of the process with me, though." - Lane Kiffin

Will Muschamp too. How did I forget that one!

2 minutes ago, MadtownTiger said:

Just listened to an Auburn beat writer on the local (Huntsville) radio show.  I don't know what kind of connections he actually has, but he said they have an updated list of ten potential candidates coming out soon.  

WDE!

Probably the same list linked a page or two back...

Just now, lionheartkc said:

We saw the ass chewings on video. We didn't need to have LK tell us that. I am talking inside stuff.

26 minutes ago, ellitor said:

At a minimun I think it's an indicator we'll promote Hand.  Maybe add to Fountain's responsibilities and move a scholarship long snapper to QB.

WDE!

1 minute ago, MadtownTiger said:

WDE!

No one knows... and no one is going to know. They are doing the same thing we are doing, just with a national forum to print their speculation. Heck... if you haven't noticed, we're one of the main sources for a lot of these writers.

Find someone who predicted Steele and Brown and you can believe them.

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

We saw the ass chewings on video. We didn't need to have LK tell us that. I am talking inside stuff.

http://gamedayr.com/sports/video-nick-saban-terribly-disappointed-devil-speech/

http://www.secrant.com/rant/sec-football/nick-saban-yelled-at-will-muschamps-mother/27992067/

3 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

No. But several players. Including our own and Plaxico Burress.

Players can say what they want. I am talking coaches. JR didn't have too many nice things to say about CGM, either. However, coaches rarely speak about the intertwinings of tension between staff.

Just now, DAG said:

But that's exactly the kind of thing I'm talking about. Find me something other than a message board post that says people don't like working for Gus, or there is a negative environment at Auburn.  The closest thing I've ever heard to that was Craig saying something like Miles was a better coach. 

If you will recall, in Chizik's last year, there was a lot of buzz on the sports writer circuit that the program was a mess internally.  Not a blip of that kind of thing now.  People are just freaking out because they want instant gratification and aren't getting it.

2 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Let's just start a "Proof that Nick is the King of the Asses" thread.  That could keep us busy for the entire off season.

5 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Let's just start a "Proof that Nick is the King of the Asses" thread.  That could keep us busy for the entire off season.

https://www.google.com/amp/deadspin.com/im-a-grown-ass-man-how-miami-trolled-the-hell-out-o-1723879297/amp?client=safari

Proof that the Dolphins players made his ass quit!!

7 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

I think "Jack of Asses" would have a better ring to it.

ETA - also would make for a lower (more under) hand

9 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

The funny thing is, people have no problem talking trash about coaches that they worked for. Saban has a horrible rep, as does Kiffin, and it's not like the interviews about them were anonymous. People have no problem airing dirty laundry about coaches and sports networks eat that stuff for breakfast.

What comes out in the media though is pretty mild as to what is said in the inner circles from what I understand. You don't hear much more than the media's attempt to overdramatize little quotes for the most part. I'm sure if we were able to be flies on the wall after coaches go other places we would hear some very interesting stuff.

35 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Yep, I remember that saga. Tim Davis said this at a booster club meeting and it made WM and the current AD have to call & apologize. Again, it is not in good taste to do something like that from a coaches perspective.  Good find though.

4 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

But that's exactly the kind of thing I'm talking about. Find me something other than a message board post that says people don't like working for Gus, or there is a negative environment at Auburn.  The closest thing I've ever heard to that was Craig saying something like Miles was a better coach. 

If you will recall, in Chizik's last year, there was a lot of buzz on the sports writer circuit that the program was a mess internally.  Not a blip of that kind of thing now.  People are just freaking out because they want instant gratification and aren't getting it.

Give it a rest lionheartkc, you are working too hard to stamp out each post that may insinuate a tiny nugget of negativity towards the Auburn program.  

10 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

I am not speaking of whether Gus is a bad or good guy because quite frankly, I don't care. I want him to win games, which he is paid to do. What I am saying is, if there are some rumblings underneath the scene, you would be one of the last people to absolutely know (As would I). Of course, there is always message board fodder. Just go to hogville, you can find many stories about CGM, but again it is message board fodder. In-house stuff needs to stay in-house. CGM knows that better than anybody, as there was a crap load of stuff going on between the Springdale 5, him and Houston Nutt, which he hasn't spoken about.  Also, there was nothing wrong with what CDC said.

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

Yep, I remember that saga. Tim Davis said this at a booster club meeting and it made WM and the current AD have to call apologize. Again, it is not in good taste to do something like that from a coaches perspective.  Good find though.

Considering that Tim Davis is currently an assistant OL coach at SMU, such comments in public might not be the wisest move for a coach's career advancement.

Archived