Rhett leaves AU / New OC discussion (Merged)

auburnphan

9 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

cant claim to have read all 82 pages. It's concerning having to wait this long for an announcement. does this mean they're striking out on candidates? hope not.

Probably not.  It's not like you are going to interview the first guy and hire him on the spot without interviewing the rest to see if another isn't a better fit. I'm sure some have said "no".  That's to be expected when you are approaching people who already have a job, but panicking less than 2 weeks into the process of hiring for a job that could pay close to 7 figures takes time.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Tiger said:

@Auburn2Eugene, You have to earn the right to answer to nobody but yourself though. Gus isn't even close with 16 losses in 3 years compared to 19 losses for Saban over his entire tenure at Bama -- 6 coming from year 1. Hiring people like Rhett and Kodi pretty much insures that somebody has to look over Gus' shoulder during the hiring process. He would have more freedom if he actually hired people that had AU-level credentials

I fully agree he made some less than desirable hires when he was first hired. But he KNOWS his job is on the line with this hire. This hire will make or break him, at least as coach at Auburn. He should have full autonomy over this hire.

17 minutes ago, HarrisBoy334 said:

Ur talking about a labled condition that happens when u over exert the body. Thats different from not being able to lift weights or run laps. These are signs of kids not quiting even when their bodies are internally shutting down on them. I see a coach pushing the envelope at his first Power 5 team.

So what you see is that kids who go to non P5 schools can handle things that P5 kids can't handle? He has his program. He has coached with Taggart before... They have never had these issues...

Again,   Gus has everything he needs to excel this upcoming season, it's make or break time for him. He should have full autonomy over this hire. Hamstringing him by saying he can't hire this coach or that coach is setting him up to fail. If we are doing that, and we have no confidence in Gus, or his decision making, why even keep him? It makes no sense to me... 

I agree Gus should get to choose his OC.   However the more I ponder this, I think KB would be another 'juice box boy' (like Lashlee) and have to run Gus' scheme and most of his plays, but get to 'call the plays.'   I believe if we end up with a credible OC who blends an air raid style with our run game, we are better off, MUCH better off than a 'yes man' for Gus.  

It's hard to recruit for OSU (every decent kid in the region has an offer from TAMU, Texas, OU, Baylor, T Tech, Ark, some even LSU) and if we get Yurcich, I think we are going to be in great shape recruiting and with an open offense.  Yurcich recruited Stidham BTW (4 hrs from his high school).  

edit: forget what I said above, yeah "we are ruining an anvil with a glass hammer"

2 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Oklahoma State OC Mike Yurcich let Triple Play Sports Radio and know he took his name out on the Auburn OC job.

Could be taken either way.

Simply face value fact.  Or..

AU told him they have their man (not him).

Anyone know who we would have been talking to in South Florida for our plane to have been there? Would it not be hilarious if it was in fact literally there in Kiffins back yard to pick up Kendall Briles after his tweet... 

1 hour ago, auol72 said:

Could the person who thinks Chip Lindsey would be an awful hire please set forth reasons for this belief so we could all understand. His resume is very good and has worked at Auburn so there is a good chance he could get along. Whether you are a supporter of D. Craig or Gus or neither if you are an AU fan you dont want to hire someone that ends up with feelings about each other like they had. It has a negative impact on the staff, team and ultimately the University. So if there is some real reasons why Chip would not do well since he appears to be a very good qb coach and had a great offense at USM and has Georgia and Alabama connections please share.

Go back in this thread and read. This has already been talked about.

Don't know where you are going with the CDC and CGM talk, but quite frankly, rumors will be rumors. I don't know who waa right or wrong in that situation. I do know there needs to be someone on this staff to provide some fresh ideas and not go along with craziness. 

10 minutes ago, AU-Allen said:

Anyone know who we would have been talking to in South Florida for our plane to have been there? Would it not be hilarious if it was in fact literally there in Kiffins back yard to pick up Kendall Briles after his tweet... 

Stealth raid to kidnap Owlesly

need Eagle food

Well, I'll admit I was pulling for Yurcich to get the job out of all the names listed. Even after reading the negative about him. But here's some ammo I had posted earlier to those who go into "we didn't want him anyway" mode when a recruit chooses another school:

7 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Nope.

If all the candidates continue to have their name withdrawn from the pool, what are the chances AU let's Gus go with his first choice?

Just now, AidiAU said:

If all the candidates continue to have their name withdrawn from the pool, what are the chances AU let's Gus go with his first choice?

not sure what the odds are for JJ growing a pair....

Anyone else beginning to feel a little nervous? Is AU being that selective or is AU swinging and missing? Was AU not prepared for this? I feel like au should have someone by now or at least be rumored to be interviewing more people than just Yurcich. 

4 minutes ago, AidiAU said:

They already said no once. Not sure it will come back around again.

Just now, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

Anyone else beginning to feel a little nervous? Is AU being that selective or is AU swinging and missing? Was AU not prepared for this? I feel like au should have someone by now or at least be rumored to be interviewing more people than just Yurcich. 

Was Gus prepared for the first game of the 2016 Season?

Just now, auburnphan said:

i believe it to be twice

That is freaking ridiculous if true. I imagine at this point it will be Eli or Lindsey

6 minutes ago, aufan57 said:

Was Gus prepared for the first game of the 2016 Season at any point in his HC career?

FIFY

Archived