Rhett leaves AU / New OC discussion (Merged)

auburnphan

Just now, Strychnine said:

Considering that Tim Davis is currently an assistant OL coach at SMU, such comments in public might not be the wisest move for a coach's career advancement.

Exactly what @Maverick.AU was getting at . Doesn't look like WMC asked him to come along to USC

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really hope this does not come true.

2 hours ago, keesler said:

Give it a rest lionheartkc, you are working too hard to stamp out each post that may insinuate a tiny nugget of negativity towards the Auburn program.  

Yup... because I'm tired of Auburn fans spreading rumors that trash the program. If someone wants to bring hard facts, I'm fine with that, but the rampant spreading of negative speculation by people who are supposed to be on Auburn's side, in the name of them being owed something, is ridiculous.

Sorry, Keesler, I respect you, but I'm going to defend my team.

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I really hope this does not come true.

Pretty much everything I've read from beat writers indicates the OC will be an outsider.  It's plausible we hire a play caller with experience in the run game and CCL as a QB coach in April or whenever.  I'd rather hire another defensive coach or a dedicated ST coach that's also a lights out recruiter.

WDE!

9 minutes ago, MadtownTiger said:

I'd rather hire another defensive coach or a dedicated ST coach that's also a lights out recruiter.

Why is that?  I ask because we have a defensive coach covering each of the major areas with no one pulling double duty, but our OC has to serve double duty as a QB coach. I would think it would benefit us to have the OC completely freed from an assistant role.

Just now, autiger88 said:

What does this mean i wonder just saw the pic on fb lol 

Probably nothing... just Lane being Lane, but we're doing our best to start rumors that will get under bama's skin.

2 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Probably nothing... just Lane being Lane, but we're doing our best to start rumors that will get under bama's skin.

Probably just a jab at us for something i wouldnt doubt it but just thought it was weird 

2 minutes ago, FoundationEagle said:

Would likely be the end of Gus ever being at a major program as HC. 

It would definitely do away with what we perceived we wanted:

Experience

Someone not from the CGM brand

14 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

https://www.seccountry.com/alabama/former-alabama-oc-lane-kiffin-tweets-message-auburn

Found this on twitter regarding how Okie State fans feel about Yurcich:

And for those that think Kendal Briles would be our savior, it sounds like more of the same just passing the ball more. This is an excerpt from this ESPN article from this past summer regarding Baylor WRs (Corey Coleman in particular) and the NFL (http://www.espn.com/blog/cleveland-browns/post/_/id/19094/baylor-wrs-find-steep-learning-curve-in-moving-to-the-nfl):

"ProFootballFocus.com charted Coleman's routes last season. The analytics site said he was targeted 116 times, but he ran four basic routes. Slants, gos, hitches and receiver screens accounted for 103 of the 116 plays when the ball was thrown his way.

That's not unusual for a Baylor receiver, and some teams find it hard to project them into the NFL. PFF has 21 different routes in its scouting system and considers 11 a rudimentary tree for an offense. Coleman will have to go back to high school to draw on his knowledge and experience with more complex routes."

Thoughts?

"First of all, I'm resigning and not retiring. I doubt if I'll ever be a head coach again ... but don't say I've retired completely. Who knows what will come in the future?"

2 minutes ago, BigBlue1345162816 said:

"First of all, I'm resigning and not retiring. I doubt if I'll ever be a head coach again ... but don't say I've retired completely. Who knows what will come in the future?"

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/13879057/steve-spurrier-south-carolina-gamecocks-announces-resignation

Just now, BigBlue1345162816 said:

The world would explode if we announced Spurrier as our next OC.  I could totally see him doing it, however, just for the chance to build something that could shut Saban down. Gus and Steve, together, would be a defenses worst nightmare.

1 minute ago, lionheartkc said:

The world would explode if we announced Spurrier as our next OC.  I could totally see him doing it, however, just for the chance to build something that could shut Saban down. Gus and Steve, together, would be a defenses worst nightmare.

And our QB scramble/roulette would continue with Spurrier, but probably with better results offensively. lol.

1 minute ago, lionheartkc said:

At the very least, the way CSS attacked Therezie over and over again in 2014, we will have an OC that makes it a point to exploit the weaknesses of our opposition

1 hour ago, lionheartkc said:

Actually it is there because Lane begged us to let him interview for the OC position... why do you think he was there to take the picture?
(if we're going to start a rumor, let's make it one that really upsets the bama faithful)

They claim they were ready for him to go because he didnt run the ball

2 minutes ago, AUcivE09 said:

They claim they were ready for him to go because he didnt run the ball

Not saying they want him back, but they sure as heck don't want him here...

Archived