Robert E. Lee Birthday

Proud Tiger

43 minutes ago, homersapien said:

There was little doubt by anyone as to what it stood for in the civil rights era.

You can deny it all you want, but it is what it is.

I made a statement. Read it, love it, hate it, spin it however you want to. It's not going to change.

23 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

I made a statement. Read it, love it, hate it, spin it however you want to. It's not going to change.

It's certainly not going to change in your mind.  But you ought to know what normal people think it symbolizes.  

So don't be surprised or take offense when most people think you are expressing racism.

6 minutes ago, homersapien said:

It's certainly not going to change in your mind.  But you ought to know what normal people think it symbolizes.  

So don't be surprised or take offense when most people think you are expressing racism.

You and ichy are not normal people.

The day 'Proud Southerners' allowed the flag to be co-opted as a sign of racism, they lost the right to use it as a symbol of their 'heritage.'

A man holds a Confederate flag at right, as demonstrators, including one carrying a sign saying: "More than 300,000 Negroes are Denied Vote in Ala," demonstrate in front of an Indianapolis hotel where then-AL Gov George Wallace was staying--April 14, 1964 Photo: Bob Daugherty/AP  [click on this image to find documentary chronicling the life and career of Alabama Governor George Wallace, well known for being the leader of pro-segregation policies during the 1960s]:

BE026043.jpg

11 minutes ago, AUUSN said:

The day 'Proud Southerners' allowed the flag to be co-opted as a sign of racism, they lost the right to use it as a symbol of their 'heritage.'

A man holds a Confederate flag at right, as demonstrators, including one carrying a sign saying: "More than 300,000 Negroes are Denied Vote in Ala," demonstrate in front of an Indianapolis hotel where then-AL Gov George Wallace was staying--April 14, 1964 Photo: Bob Daugherty/AP  [click on this image to find documentary chronicling the life and career of Alabama Governor George Wallace, well known for being the leader of pro-segregation policies during the 1960s]:

Nice pic from the 1960's.

UPDATE: It is now 2017.

Black people can now vote. We have had a black president for the past 8 years, and that crap on your acronym does not exist now.

Please join the rest of us in the 21st Century.

1 minute ago, ArgoEagle said:

Black people can now vote. We have had a black president for the past 8 years, and that crap on your acronym does not exist now.

Take a knee, hydrate and read my statement again.

You don't get to claim that shi..y flag anymore. You allowed it to be used as a symbol of racism. 21st century? Sure thing skippy:

Dylan-Roof-flag.jpg

7 minutes ago, AUUSN said:

Take a knee, hydrate and read my statement again.

You don't get to claim that shi..y flag anymore. You allowed it to be used as a symbol of racism. 21st century? Sure thing skippy:

Dylan-Roof-flag.jpg

Please don't group all southerners into this category. The confederate flag means something totally different to me than to this goob in your picture.

2 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

Please don't group all southerners into this category. The confederate flag means something totally different to me than to this goob in your picture.

He already has, and will continue to do so. Leaders of the BLM group yell that cops need to be killed, but we're not suppose to think ALL BLM folks are like that. Muslim Terrorists kill in the name of Allah, but not ALL Muslims... 

Southerners ? ALL fit into the category of mass shooting nut jobs. 

1 minute ago, ArgoEagle said:

I don't care. You allowed it to be co-opted so you should have showed a little courage to speak up then.

10 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

"Ya'll ain't like my friends. We all agree."

i think he meant nominal instead of normal.

6 minutes ago, AUUSN said:

I don't care. You allowed it to be co-opted so you should have showed a little courage to speak up then.

It must be hard for you to type wearing that straight jacket.

9 minutes ago, AURaptor said:

He already has, and will continue to do so. Leaders of the BLM group yell that cops need to be killed, but we're not suppose to think ALL BLM folks are like that. Muslim Terrorsts kill in the name of Allah, but not ALL Muslims... 

Southerners ? ALL fit into the category of mass shooting nut jobs. 

He don't bother me. I reckon he has to type as many posts as he can from the asylum during his allocated recreation time.

8 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

He did not.  Merely the ignorant racists (overt and covert).

12 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

He did not.  Merely the ignorant racists (overt and covert).

I am convinced that you and auusn are the same person posting seperately under split personalities.

56 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

So, we've had a black president, therefore the confederate flag no longer represents racism?

Is that about right?

In what century was this photo taken?

Image result for dylann roof photos

7 minutes ago, homersapien said:

So, we've had a black president, therefore the confederate flag no longer represents racism?

Is that about right?

In what century was this photo taken?

Image result for dylann roof photos

To that goob there it prob. does, but to me and alot of other southerners it does not. Until Jesus comes again, there will be racism. It's just not to the degree in Alabama today that it was in the 60's. That was the point.

21 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

To that goob there it prob. does, but to me and alot of other southerners it does not. Until Jesus comes again, there will be racism. It's just not to the degree in Alabama today that it was in the 60's. That was the point.

No, the point is you said the day the confederate flag represented racism is long gone.

It will always represent racism.  First, because it originally represented the confederacy which was formed and dedicated to the propogation of slavery and secondly, because it was adopted by racists ever since.

32 minutes ago, homersapien said:

No, the point is you said the day the confederate flag represented racism is long gone.

It will always represent racism.  First, because it originally represented the confederacy which was formed and dedicated to the propogation of slavery and secondly, because it was adopted by racists ever since.

That's your opinion, and you are entitled to it. I don't agree.

Archived