Tuberville

Auhud08

11 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Look five posts above regarding TT as AD. 

It has also been mentioned here many times over the years.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Auhud08 said:

Dont forget the tide went 10-2 during one of those seasons. And it was tubbervilles constant winning that forced them to go get saban. Tubbs put bama in the cellar it wasnt bc they were bad. We also played urban meyer led florida twice in that stretch and won both times. And it was the beginning of the SEC streak. So dont re-write history to say the SEC was weak. Tubbs was a great coach. I honestly dont understand why people dont like him

I said I did like him if you read my post.

The PTB doesn't like him b/c he made them look bad in 04.  Message board "insiders" don't like him b/c they form opinions based on those of the PTB too much.  SOME Auburn people don't like him b/c he made poor hiring decisions and checked out on recruiting his last couple years.

He brought us some very high highs, but like most AU coaches...he was inconsistent.

Coach Tuberville will not become anybody's "analyst" or anything similar. He may well become the AD somewhere, maybe even replace Jacobs at Auburn. But analyst? No way.

40 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Coach Tuberville will not become anybody's "analyst" or anything similar. He may well become the AD somewhere, maybe even replace Jacobs at Auburn. But analyst? No way.

I'd say that depends on if he wants a full time job or to semi-retire. He is 62 and has plenty of money... and we know he prefers hunting and fishing to recruiting.

Coach Tuberville as AD would be great if we can give Jacobs a nice buyout. As for OC, why not Al Borges? I still remember what an awesome job he with turning Jason Campball into a heck of an SEC QB. Al would do another great job but this time with Jarrett Stidham.

boy Auburn likes to live in the past. Why can't Auburn move to the future, nothing Tubs would do would do that. He got fired at Cincy right? (or stepped down whatever)

Tubs had a knife slowly inserted into his back by our PTB...Tubs for AD?  Silliness.  

Tubs as recruiting guru?  HECK NO!  He targeted 2 and 3* players.  He was inconsistent b/c he had inconsistent talent.  I got the feeling he shied away from heavy recruiting battles and settled, then 'coached them up'.  That is an awful strategy and as posted, got him a bucketload of inconsistency.  

Thanks for the wins over bama, the 2004 team and fun memories (smoking a stogie on LSU's field!).  Don't need more mediocrity in our AD.

Just now, The Defiant said:

I think Tommy Tuberville would make a good Athletics Director.  How bout we sign him up!

Are you a4e's alter ego

On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 2:18 PM, The Defiant said:

I think Tommy Tuberville would make a good Athletics Director.  How bout we sign him up!

Charles from Reeltown?  (BTW, I used to live in Liberty City.)

On 1/20/2017 at 7:26 AM, AUDevil said:

The PTB doesn't like him b/c he made them look bad in 04.  Message board "insiders" don't like him b/c they form opinions based on those of the PTB too much.  SOME Auburn people don't like him b/c he made poor hiring decisions and checked out on recruiting his last couple years.

He brought us some very high highs, but like most AU coaches...he was inconsistent.

I don't know any message board "insiders" who dislike Tubs. Pretty well liked IMO. I'd say the same about the PTB. Now some inside the AU AD is very different. 

On 1/20/2017 at 11:43 PM, Beaker said:

Tubs had a knife slowly inserted into his back by our PTB...Tubs for AD?  Silliness.  

Tubs as recruiting guru?  HECK NO!  He targeted 2 and 3* players.  He was inconsistent b/c he had inconsistent talent.  I got the feeling he shied away from heavy recruiting battles and settled, then 'coached them up'.  That is an awful strategy and as posted, got him a bucketload of inconsistency.  

Thanks for the wins over bama, the 2004 team and fun memories (smoking a stogie on LSU's field!).  Don't need more mediocrity in our AD.

On #1................... That stuff works both ways. Both parties were at fault.

On #2 ............................ Tubs recruited lights out when he had the full backing of the AD. When the AD put Tubs and his staff under the "We will fire you if you have one recruiting violation" then recruiting sucked. As much to blame on the AD as Tubs. Would have cost Tubs big money if he were let go because of recruiting violations. 

As for #3......................... Tubs needs to learn the ins and outs of running a AD, not just a football program, before he even gets a sniff at the AU job. Who knows if Tubs can be a good AD or not. Not one person here can say either way. 

On 1/21/2017 at 11:36 AM, auburn4ever said:

Tuberville would be a great replacement for Jacobs.

"__________ would be a great replacement for Jacobs."  No matter who you use to fill the blank, the statement remains true.  I like Tubs.  I'd prefer to see an executive type take the reigns.  This is a very large business enterprise now.

On 1/21/2017 at 1:20 PM, ClaytonAU said:

Are you a4e's alter ego

No,I am e4a's ego alter, but seriously I really respect Tommy Tubberville and he is exactly what Gus needs to be in 2017, a CEO type coach.

Archived