Tuberville

Auhud08

If the NCAA allows teams to start having 10 assist coach next season, when why not hire coach Tuberville to help coach Steele. Name Tommy as Co-DC.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tommy does still have a home on Lake Martin. Tucker Tuberville just recently moved back to the area, I assume staying at the lake house. Would not be surprised to see Tucker as a grad assistant soon.

I don't understand all of the sentiment for Tuberville coming back in any capacity. 2004 was a great year but let's be honest, if we hadn't laid an egg against USC the 2 previous seasons we may have actually been considered as a contender to start the year in 04 and wouldn't have started so far back in the polls. The 6 game steak over Bama was awesome but they were down for most of that time. I still can't believe that in the past 45 years of following Auburn football we have yet to beat Bama by more that 10 points. Tuberville's teams had a chance to do that a couple of times and he sat on the ball in the second half. I just want someone at Auburn who has a killer instinct and that isn't Tuberville. Thanks but no thanks. 

33 minutes ago, PotPot said:

Tommy does still have a home on Lake Martin. Tucker Tuberville just recently moved back to the area, I assume staying at the lake house. Would not be surprised to see Tucker as a grad assistant soon.

Was coming to inquire about both of these - so thanks! lol

Well theres some portion of us who grew up watching the tommy tubberville teams. I have strong sentiment bc of that. Because i remember how much bama hated us and how much they whined. I remember how many guys we put in the NFL and i remember being part of the national conversation almost every year. I remember the auburn lsu game determining the west. And auburn beating every top 15 team they played. Thats where my sentiment comes from. Sounds like a pretty darn good coach to me

53 minutes ago, gr82be said:

I don't understand all of the sentiment for Tuberville coming back in any capacity. 2004 was a great year but let's be honest, if we hadn't laid an egg against USC the 2 previous seasons we may have actually been considered as a contender to start the year in 04 and wouldn't have started so far back in the polls. The 6 game steak over Bama was awesome but they were down for most of that time. I still can't believe that in the past 45 years of following Auburn football we have yet to beat Bama by more that 10 points. Tuberville's teams had a chance to do that a couple of times and he sat on the ball in the second half. I just want someone at Auburn who has a killer instinct and that isn't Tuberville. Thanks but no thanks. 

Safe for 2010, those Tommy T teams would dominate any of these teams post his era. Still,  Tommy T shouldn't be AD

34 minutes ago, Auhud08 said:

Well theres some portion of us who grew up watching the tommy tubberville teams. I have strong sentiment bc of that. Because i remember how much bama hated us and how much they whined. I remember how many guys we put in the NFL and i remember being part of the national conversation almost every year. I remember the auburn lsu game determining the west. And auburn beating every top 15 team they played. Thats where my sentiment comes from. Sounds like a pretty darn good coach to me

I remember those times vividly and appreciated what CTT accomplished, regardless of Bama's teams at the time. Bammer's could not stand his success, regardless of the reason. But as always around Auburn, the PTB got in the way and tried to hire Petrino. I was never in favor of CTT moving on. But that is just one man's feelings.

I love me some Tubbs!  Great guy and he really loves my alma mater.  He gave us all a lot to smile about while here.  How long do you really think it would take for us to beat Bama 6 years in a row again. In any situation.  That guy whipped their butts and I truly appreciated it every single time.  No other coach at Auburn has had that kind of success against Bama.  I love to see him at Tiger Walk. And he loves to see and greet all of us...War Damn Tubbs!

Please don't forget Tommy's Tigers beat uat 6 years in row. I don't care what the NCAA says after stripping Southern Cal of their 2004 Chamionship, we did win the 2004 National Championship after going 13-0.

One reason could very well be that his teams beat uat 6 years straight. We also had better offense, defense and special teams. But other than that, I don't know why AU people still like Tuberville. 85-40 overall and 52-30 in the SEC.

I like coach Tubbs but just about any coach including Gus could have beaten the turds 6 straight during that period.

17 minutes ago, AUTIGERinSC said:

Tubbs had an insane record against top 10 teams. However if it was an 11 AM game, then it was up for grabs no matter the opponent. 

If it was against Arkansas you didn't even want to watch.

2 hours ago, kd4au said:

I like coach Tubbs but just about any coach including Gus could have beaten the turds 6 straight during that period.

Gus can't even beat horrible UGA teams consistently. Stop it.

2 hours ago, kd4au said:

Dont forget the tide went 10-2 during one of those seasons. And it was tubbervilles constant winning that forced them to go get saban. Tubbs put bama in the cellar it wasnt bc they were bad. We also played urban meyer led florida twice in that stretch and won both times. And it was the beginning of the SEC streak. So dont re-write history to say the SEC was weak. Tubbs was a great coach. I honestly dont understand why people dont like him

I would take Tuberville over Jay Jacobs as AD any day of the week. Tubs proved that he wasn't going to be a "yes man". I think he knows the landscape and he knows what needs to be done. The Auburn people would trust Mr. "6 in a row over Alabama" more than they ever would have trusted Jacobs. 

3 minutes ago, Auhud08 said:

Dont forget the tide went 10-2 during one of those seasons. And it was tubbervilles constant winning that forced them to go get saban. Tubbs put bama in the cellar it wasnt bc they were bad. We also played urban meyer led florida twice in that stretch and won both times. And it was the beginning of the SEC streak. So dont re-write history to say the SEC was weak. Tubbs was a great coach. I honestly dont understand why people dont like him

2005 and 2002 team were both 10 win teams for Bama

So because he beat Bama 6 times in a row and isn't a "yes man" he deserves to be our Athletic Director? Interesting. 

8 hours ago, Auhud08 said:

I like Tuberville too but great coaches don't win less than 70% of their games. He was a good coach, not great. 

8 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

So because he beat Bama 6 times in a row and isn't a "yes man" he deserves to be our Athletic Director? Interesting. 

Where has anyone said that on this thread?

Edit: Well, we have one village idiot. My apologies. 

14 minutes ago, DAG said:

Quote where any person on this thread has said that Gus

Look five posts above regarding TT as AD. 

Archived