"A Time to Poach"

Beaker

We have two vacancies....the ST and the 'pending assistant' and we want a strong recruiter:

Random Thoughts:

1. I read the thread that Shelton Felton may not be eligible because we signed BigCat Bryant.  Ok, but who is the next great talented recruit who has a great HS coach, before we sign them?

2. How about we look at the turnover in Florida, where we lost some ground this yr with recruiting.  FIU hired Butch Davis - Miami just got harder to recruit.  Why not look at the former FIU, USF and FAU staffs - surely they have an OC or maybe former HC we could consider.  Worth a look-see.  (GA Southern turned over their staff too I think).  If we must....who is the predominant/respected HS coach in FL?  Go to Florida if we want to recruit Florida.

3. An argument could be made - those programs were in the ditch, "don't go there."  Well, grab a stronger tier 2 program like UCF and overpay their OC to be our ST coach.  Or poach their recruiting coordinator/coach to be out ST.    Memphis (hold your breath) has won 27 games the past 3 years - prime poaching ground.  Somebody is doing something right there - they are not on any player's radar I promise, but they are getting players somehow.  9 games each year?  Memphis?  Really.

I have been impressed with every hire Gus has made since becoming head coach except Kodi and Travis.  One looks like an incredible hire the other still has work to do.  I'll give Gus another shot he seems to be able to bring quality assistants in.  

7 hours ago, Beaker said:

We have two vacancies...and the 'pending assistant'

We have 1 vacancy as the 10th assistant is unlikely to pass. If it passes then we have 2.

8 hours ago, corchjay said:

I have been impressed with every hire Gus has made since becoming head coach except Kodi and Travis.  One looks like an incredible hire the other still has work to do.  I'll give Gus another shot he seems to be able to bring quality assistants in.  

Travis Williams?  Why don't you like him?  I thought everybody loved him.

56 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Travis Williams?  Why don't you like him?  I thought everybody loved him.

He's saying he didn't like it at the time, but now he does like it.

21 hours ago, ScottsboroAuburnFan said:

He likes his billybong.

Did you mean Bongy Bill?

On February 7, 2017 at 11:05 PM, corchjay said:

Travis Williams has done one hell of a job both on and off the field. Our LB play has improved even with new faces in the lineup. 

;) 

On 2/8/2017 at 7:49 PM, doc4aday said:

Did you mean Bongy Bill?

I'd prefer to think

maybe it was just a Waltzing Matilda reference?

4 hours ago, AUinTLoosa said:

I'd prefer to think

maybe it was just a Waltzing Matilda reference?

that is it!

12 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

that is it!

Trust me sir

If you Google either "billybong" or "bongy"

you might find items unsuitable for Max.

17 minutes ago, AUinTLoosa said:

Trust me sir

You are right my friend! Bubba or Bubba Max  is very Smart pup indeed! My wife hates the name Bubba and for good reason. I had totally forgotten that her young brother was called Bubba. He died about 2 years before we met. I think that the name "Goober Bob is most fitting. My wife hates that name as well. There comes a time when a man has got to fight for what he thinks is right! Goober-Bob works for me just fine!

34 minutes ago, AUinTLoosa said:

Trust me sir

While I've never had a dog that would hit my bong, I have had some that liked a good shot-gun every now and again.

5 minutes ago, AUMASTERS said:

While I've never had a dog that would hit my bong, I have had some that liked a good shot-gun every now and again.

According to the Urban Dictionary,

if your dog were bongy,

it would hit anything.

Just sayin'

1 minute ago, AUinTLoosa said:

According to the Urban Dictionary,

if your dog were bongy,

it would hit anything.

Just sayin'

I always enjoyed the hamsters the best, you could tape up all of the holes in the ball (that you put them in and they run all over the floor) except one , and fill it full of smoke , and that hamster will have a good old time, even if you can't see him for a minute.

1 hour ago, AUMASTERS said:

I always enjoyed the hamsters the best, you could tape up all of the holes in the ball (that you put them in and they run all over the floor) except one , and fill it full of smoke , and that hamster will have a good old time, even if you can't see him for a minute.

Aawww hell

PM

Archived