Trump Fires Back

Proud Tiger

10 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

Yes, we know about these things.  It's why Michael Flynn is no longer employed.  That is not what is being asserted by Trump now.  He's saying that he and his business - Trump Tower no less - was being wiretapped under orders from Obama.  He's offered zero proof and yes, only partisan right wingnut sites are reporting about it.

And the right wing sites have pointed to the NY Times article as part of the base to their claims of wiretapping. Mark Levin has specifically brought up the NY Times article as part of his claims.

Trump Tower  was used for Trump's campaign and his team's meetings. Paul Manafort was Trump's campaign chairman for a a few months. Manafort kept an apartment in Trump Tower, even after being replaced by Steve Bannon and Kellyanne Conway. 

Even in his role as the campaign’s chairman, Manafort was not exactly visible, save for the odd Sunday show appearance. And Lewandowski, after being fired and taking a job as a cable TV pundit, continued to receive payment from the campaign and advise the candidate. Manafort, who keeps an apartment in Trump Tower, was never compensated for his work, making it more difficult to keep an account of his entanglement with the campaign.

Read more at: http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/11/30/torture-lobbyist-paul-manafort-still-advising-donald-trump-on-cabinet-picks.html

There's been no proof that Obama ordered the wiretap, I'm not making that argument. My point is that there is evidence that the Obama White House were given reports of the wiretap and that there was a wiretap done on members of Trump's campaign team. I'll ask again because it doesn't seem like you even want to dignify my question as a serious and thoughtful question. Why were the White House given reports of a wiretap they didn't order? 

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

" Why were the White House given reports of a wiretap they didn't order?"

National security? 

That's fair but then why wasn't Trump given the report also? If the surveillance and wiretapping had nothing to do with Trump himself and only involved members of his campaign, like Paul Manafort, then why wasn't Trump be given a report of it also? At the time of the NY Times article, Trump was the President-elect. He still had a right to know. 

12 hours ago, Auburnfan91 said:

That's fair but then why wasn't Trump given the report also? If the surveillance and wiretapping had nothing to do with Trump himself and only involved members of his campaign, like Paul Manafort, then why wasn't Trump be given a report of it also? At the time of the NY Times article, Trump was the President-elect. He still had a right to know. 

Not if the investigation was ongoing and, included him.

Archived