Baseball vs UGA- Game 3

3 hours ago, aubearcat said:

I know it's still really early in the season, but if AUburn keeps this type of play up, it'll not only mean post season but hosting as well. 

Yup

Well ... maybe I'm just having a negative weekend.  I'm glad to win 2 of 3 on the road in the sec, but Georgia is in the cellar.

our 2 wins were with 5 hits each game and 18 total strikeouts.

our loss was with 9 hits.  That's great but it was with 7 strikeouts and we left 11 on base.

said this in the softball thread.  Did our baseball bats get exposed by the mid 80's breaking balls?  I wasn't under the impression that georgias staff was particularly good, but only a few of our guys were seeing the ball well.  

2 weekends Into sec play and we are 5-1 and ranked top 20.  But yet we still feel uneasy - particularly with a cloud hanging over Thompson's pitching future (again, at least in my mind)

LOBs seems to be an issue with.....Pretty good hitting generally but things break down when three hits in an inning don't get a run home...Among other things...either we have no speed or else a very conservative baserunner policy.  

Very few times have I seen at Auburn runner try to stretch a single into a double or score from second on a hit to the outfield. 

Archived