Baseball vs uat Game 3

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, FUZZYAUFAN said:

And again AU miscues give BAMA two runs. Hopefully the good guys have two more runs in them. 

I'll take four on a walk off. Don't Care how long the inning is.

Infield single by Todd, who only needed 15 innings to extend that hitting streak...1st and 2nd, 0 out.

1 minute ago, FUZZYAUFAN said:

Need Todd to extend his hitting streak. 

Got your wish. :)

Final: Auburn falls 11-9.  Tonight, though yes "fight" was shown, continued a miserable 2 days of inexcusable inability to execute.  Unbelievable.

What an absolute embarrassment this weekend. I'm sure that the players and staff would agree. Inexcusable showing and I'm not really sure you can take any good from this weekend at all. Just a huge downer for what has otherwise been a remarkable achievement of a season. Going to be hard to shake this weekend off but I hope they can do so before the SEC tournament rolls around so they can have a good showing there. 

Ugly officiating... uglier play on the field by auburn...ugly all around 

What makes it worst is the blown call by the officials in the ninth that kept the game going 

Welcome to Auburn where the name of the game is consistently inconsistent.

Look, you can say all you want that Auburn had its chances and should have fought through adversity, but that was the worst officiating of a baseball game I've seen in a long time. We should've had a 2 run win after the ninth inning and instead that game was decided by an umpire. By four umpires. Of course we should have taken advantage of opportunities, but if we shouldn't even have been in extras in that situation in the first place, I can't justify an umpire not being responsible for that. It was an awful call. It was obvious. Completely obvious. Should never have been in extras in the first place. Yes I'm butthurt because it's just not fair to a bunch of kids who make a good smart heady play, and then have that taken away from them, as well as a win. I paid with a nickel so I'd like 3 cents back.

Saturday morning we were #1 in the SEC, Sunday night we are 4th in the SEC West. It's been a great season with a lot of highlights, but 3 things out of this weekend:

1. Bunt more, and make sure every hitter is capable of this most fundamental baseball skill.

2. Recruit more physical players.  The ball jumped off of the Bama bats, while it hopped off of ours. 

3.  Recruit pitchers who don't look scared to throw strikes.  We were afraid to challenge a pitcher who had only batted once all year  

War Eagle anyway  

1 hour ago, Gowebb11 said:

Saturday morning we were #1 in the SEC, Sunday night we are 4th in the SEC West. It's been a great season with a lot of highlights, but 3 things out of this weekend:

1. Bunt more, and make sure every hitter is capable of this most fundamental baseball skill.

2. Recruit more physical players.  The ball jumped off of the Bama bats, while it hopped off of ours. 

3.  Recruit pitchers who don't look scared to throw strikes.  We were afraid to challenge a pitcher who had only batted once all year  

War Eagle anyway  

I agree with what you list, especially number 2. Baseball has become a big man sport like everything else. We have very few guys that look the part which means we are not a power hitting team. If you are not a power hitting team, in turn you better be a contact hitting team. We are not. Our efforts against a breaking pitch, leave a lot to be desired. We strike out a lot and do not look good doing it. Most of our hitters have no confidence in hitting the breaking pitch, which leaves them susceptible to fast balls. Saw us take a lot of fast balls over the weekend.

I imagine that our opponents for the remainder of the season and tournaments will give us heavy doses of breaking pitches.

Archived