Brennan: Russia may have successfully recruited Trump campaign aides

The former CIA director also says the FBI probe into whether Russia meddled in the election is ‘well founded.’

"I encountered and am aware of information and intelligence that revealed contacts and interactions between Russian officials and U.S. persons involved in the Trump campaign that I was concerned about because of known Russian efforts to suborn such individuals," he told lawmakers. "And it raised questions in my mind again whether or not the Russians were able to gain the cooperation of those individuals."

By the time he stepped down as CIA director on Jan. 20, he added, “I had unresolved questions in my mind about whether or not the Russians had been successful in getting U.S. persons, involved in the campaign or not, to work on their behalf, again, either in a witting or unwitting fashion.”

He said he believed the FBI’s investigation into possible coordination between the Trump campaign and Moscow is “certainly well founded and needed to look into these issues.”

Brennan’s remarks came in testimony before the House Intelligence Committee, which is also investigating Russia’s meddling in the presidential election, including allegations of collusion with the Trump campaign.

Read the full article at: http://www.politico.com/story/2017/05/23/brennan-russia-tried-to-recruit-us-persons-to-influence-presidential-campaign-238719

"I encountered and am aware of information and intelligence that revealed contacts and interactions between Russian officials and U.S. persons involved in the Trump campaign that I was concerned about because of known Russian efforts to suborn such individuals," he told lawmakers. "And it raised questions in my mind again whether or not the Russians were able

Translation:  Russia likes to suborn people.  Carter Page talked to a few Russians.  Therefore, Carter Page might have been suborned.  I have no proof he was, but he might have been.

You lefties are hysterical believing this nonsense.  As Alan Dershowitz said "Show me the crime."  Even if there is videotape of Trump high-fiving Putin after he leaked DNC e-mails, there is still no crime. 

3 minutes ago, AcUmen said:

Translation:  Russia likes to suborn people.  Carter Page talked to a few Russians.  Therefore, Carter Page might have been suborned.  I have no proof he was, but he might have been.

You lefties are hysterical believing this nonsense.  As Alan Dershowitz said "Show me the crime."  Even if there is videotape of Trump high-fiving Putin after he leaked DNC e-mails, there is still no crime. 

AMEN!!!! But the Dems have become hysterical hypocrites and are now in desperation mode.

12 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

AMEN!!!! But the Dems have become hysterical hypocrites and are now in desperation mode.

Says the guy we all know would have been having a conniption if these same stories had been leaking out about the Obama administration or about Hillary's key campaign operatives.

4 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Says the guy we all know would have been having a conniption of these same stories had been leaking out about the Obama administration or about Hillary's key campaign operatives.

You would never know if there were leaks in these cases because the media would have never reported them as they do now. In any event as AcUmen says above.......show me a crime.

1 minute ago, Proud Tiger said:

You would never know if there were leaks in these cases because the media would have never reported them as they do now.

Deflection.  Bottom line - you know you wouldn't so flippantly brush this off as nothing if we changed the names of the people involved and they had a "D" after their name rather than an "R."

4 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Says the guy we all know would have been having a conniption if these same stories had been leaking out about the Obama administration or about Hillary's key campaign operatives.

And you would be having a conniption if it was the Bush administration spying on Obama's campaign, unmasking his family members and putting it all in IC reports being leaked to the media.

Just now, AcUmen said:

And you would be having a conniption if it was the Bush administration spying on Obama's campaign, unmasking his family members and putting it all in IC reports being leaked to the media.

Seeing how I didn't vote for Obama (either time) and I did vote for Bush (both times), that's highly unlikely.

Just now, TitanTiger said:

Deflection.  Bottom line - you know you wouldn't so flippantly brush this off as nothing if we changed the names of the people involved and they had a "D" after their name rather than an "R."

I'm not flipping anything off. As acUmen says....show me the crime

1 minute ago, Proud Tiger said:

You would never know if there were leaks in these cases because the media would have never reported them as they do now.

:laugh:  Yeah, it's that lying press that's at the root of Trump's problems. 

You are totally insane if you really think the media would just ignore such mistakes made by Obama. Reporting government mistakes is their reason for being as well as their business (economic) model. Just like they ignored the Monica Lewinsky scandel.  They claw over each other to be the first to report on anything.

You are clearly a Trump cultist.

Do you deny that 90% of the media are Democrats?  Can you really tell me with a straight face that the media aren't biased?  There have been numerous studies and surveys done on this topic for well over 30 years.

10 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

I'm not flipping anything off. As acUmen says....show me the crime

Sure you are.  For instance:  were this about Hillary or Obama instead of Trump, instead of "show me the crime" it would have been deeply troubling, highly suspicious and worthy of independent investigation.  

Just now, AcUmen said:

Do you deny that 90% of the media are Democrats?  Can you really tell me with a straight face that the media aren't biased?  There have been numerous studies and surveys done on this topic for well over 30 years.

That really isn't relevant.  Someone within Trump's own inner circle told them about it.  They don't have the Oval Office bugged.  

Instead of attacking the messenger, you should be supporting a full and independent investigation into it.  Instead of dismissing it as nothing, you should be demanding answers - no matter what administration is being accused of these actions.

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

That really isn't relevant.  Someone within Trump's own inner circle told them about it.  They don't have the Oval Office bugged.  

Instead of attacking the messenger, you should be supporting a full and independent investigation into it.  Instead of dismissing it as nothing, you should be demanding answers - no matter what administration is being accused of these actions.

What crime are you alleging Trump committed?

10 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Sure you are.  For instance:  were this about Hillary or Obama instead of Trump, instead of "show me the crime" it would have been deeply troubling, highly suspicious and worthy of independent investigation.  

Since you know all there is no need for any further response from me to you.

7 minutes ago, AcUmen said:

Seems no one want's to answer that question.

10 minutes ago, AcUmen said:

I think if you've paid attention to the discussions on this matter, you'd see that - at least thus far - no one has accused him of any crimes.  The question is not whether the President has the legal authority to declassify information (he does), the thing that is being questioned is if he revealed this information to the Russians (which could have revealed other things such as how we got the info) are these the actions of someone who you can consider wise and responsible?  

Russia is not an ally.  In fact, we don't even share all of this kind of info with our allies all the time, but we sure don't share it with Russia.  So that in and of itself is cause for concern.  When you pair it with what seems like a high and increasing number of overly-friendly contacts between his administration/campaign and Russia it only makes it more concerning.

That is all that is being said here.  To keep asking "what crime" is a diversionary tactic.

Just now, Proud Tiger said:

Seems no one want's to answer that question.

Of course they can't answer it and they know they can't.  They are just playing along with the media narrative "But, but Russia."  They really have no ability to discern fact from fiction, as they are mostly millennials who have been raised on CNN and John Stewart.

1 minute ago, AcUmen said:

Of course they can't answer it and they know they can't.  They are just playing along with the media narrative "But, but Russia."  They really have no ability to discern fact from fiction, as they are mostly millennials who have been raised on CNN and John Stewart.

Yep if they can't answer a legitimate question the response is always something like YOU are just using a diversionary tactic.

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

Russia is not an ally.  In fact, we don't even share all of this kind of info with our allies all the time, but we sure don't share it with Russia.  

False.  Obama shared classified intel with Russia.  Let us take a look at how the media decided to report these instances, shall we?  On the left is the WaPo during Obama's administration.  On the right, of course, is Trump doing the same thing.

Screen-Shot-2017-05-16-at-11.41.35-PM.pn

30 minutes ago, AcUmen said:

As far as you are concerned, reality is biased.

16 minutes ago, AcUmen said:

It was a stupid, irrelevant question meant to obfuscate.  

That's probably why you took it seriously.

15 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

Yep if they can't answer a legitimate question the response is always something like YOU are just using a diversionary tactic.

I thought you were done.  You must enjoy punishment.

On 5/23/2017 at 1:57 PM, AcUmen said:

False.  Obama shared classified intel with Russia.  Let us take a look at how the media decided to report these instances, shall we?  On the left is the WaPo during Obama's administration.  On the right, of course, is Trump doing the same thing.

Another glutton for punishment.  :-\  Please read the following carefully and think about it (if you can):

No one is suggesting Trump - like Obama - doesn't have the right as POTUS to share any confidential information with anyone.  Such sharing can be in the country's interest.

What has been suggested - based on what we know - is that Trump shared information without such a strategic rationale for doing so.  One could say he (probably) did it inadvertently.

It's been reported that he did so for the purpose of boasting, but we don't really know that.  It may be because he was ignorant of the details and the reasons for not doing it.  

Either of those explanations fit perfectly with Trump's personality.  He is notorious for having a short attention span and for requesting that even a short intellegence report be reduced to a half of a page. Regardless of exactly why he did it, it's an example of his incompetence for the job.

Furthermore, he is too immature to let it go and shut his damn mouth.

For example, it was rumored that the compromise in the intelligence method or source might have hurt Israel's intelligence operations.   So what does Trump do?  He essentially confirms that by insisting he never mentioned "Israel" to the Russians!

Hell, the Russians don't even have to "reverse engineer" the information he provided to determine source and methods.  All they need is wait for Trump to blurt it out.

This is in no way comparable to Obama's calculated disclosure of information to the Russians. 

Archived