Baseball vs. FSU Game Thread (Regional Final)

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, jared52 said:

Not a "must win" so you go with your third starter. The game was clearly bigger than Davis though. He wasn't ready. But he will learn and AU is still in it, either tonight or tomorrow. I think it was the right choice. 

Don't think that had anything to do with it. He just didn't have ant stuff besides his fastball tonight.

Liner to Sam to end the FSU 8th. Let's hope he or another AU pitcher gets to pitch 1 more inning tonight. 6-4 FSU.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Don't think that had anything to do with it. He just didn't have ant stuff besides his fastball tonight.

DD still has the nerves at this point in his career because he's immature. Another year under Butch will help. He is not like Keegan and Casey who are both so chill. 

Just now, Tigerbelle said:

DD still has the nerves at this point in his career because he's immature. Another year under Butch will help. He is not like Keegan and Casey who are both so chill. 

It awesome to see Casey get pissed off last night after that last home run he gave up. After that, he dominated to finish the game.

1 minute ago, Tigerbelle said:

Maybe but he was just as bad versus Arky in the SEC Tourney game that essentially meant nothing. Y'all could be right but I just think he had a typical Mr. Hyde game for him.

Just now, AUTigersfan89 said:

It awesome to see Casey get pissed off last night after that last home run he gave up. After that, he dominated to finish the game.

Yeah that was a rare moment for him. He usually shows nothing. 

FSU pitching change. They bring in Carlton. Their best reliever. He pitched 2 innings in the 1st game today.

Just now, ellitor said:

Maybe but he was just as bad versus Arky in the SEC Tourney game that essentially meant nothing. Y'all could be right but I just think he had a typical Mr. Hyde game for him.

I think it's typical for him to be up and down because he is still learning to control his nerves. Just my take from watching him. 

Wow - that's a new one for me (admittedly not a big baseball watcher).

Catcher's glove interfered with the batter's swing. Everybody's safe, despite the run-down (which was close regardless!).

Amazing...

Archived