Post a picture

4 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Ice storm last week brought on dropped limbs. Sounds like an excuse to buy and use my first chainsaw. Went with the E Go 18” to go with my lawnmower and weed eater. Pretty badass little tool, only took an hour to cut it up, and another 30 to haul it to the street. I’m basically @Tiger Refugenow. 

VWjLjCo.jpg

rcAGi3b.jpg

t3AIvRG.jpg

BOWaWN3.jpg

Hell yeah man! That’s the way to go. Lots of really great e-saws on the market these days. I picked up a little Stihl GTA 26 last year. Great way to lose a few fingers!

2797A64A-B882-4916-B2D1-C0B160451AEF.webp

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Ice storm last week brought on dropped limbs. Sounds like an excuse to buy and use my first chainsaw. Went with the E Go 18” to go with my lawnmower and weed eater. Pretty badass little tool, only took an hour to cut it up, and another 30 to haul it to the street. I’m basically @Tiger Refugenow. 

VWjLjCo.jpg

rcAGi3b.jpg

t3AIvRG.jpg

BOWaWN3.jpg

7 minutes ago, The Freak said:

An electric chainsaw would be perfect for my needs, but I already have a gas powered one which makes it not so handy.  It does make me feel a little like the Brawny man when I use it, tho.  lol

7 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Hell yeah man! That’s the way to go. Lots of really great e-saws on the market these days. I picked up a little Stihl GTA 26 last year. Great way to lose a few fingers!

2797A64A-B882-4916-B2D1-C0B160451AEF.webp

10 JJD ideas | jesse james, dupree, full throttle saloon

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, The Freak said:

I also have a pole saw.  Changed my life.

Display Flex, so weird, is this a bug or am I missing something? : r/css

Dude, no joke. Game changer. 

I've actually got one of those but not a chainsaw. There have been times when I looked like a complete idiot sawing a log while standing 8' away from it. I don't want to seem ungrateful, but I was a little surprised and disappointed that this awesome contraption I was gifted wasn't convertible. Like... why isn't it just a chainsaw on a pole... that I can remove... so that it turns back into a chainsaw.....

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Does this mean interchangeable batteries? Very nice.

Man. That's a lot of fresh cut pine. Bet it smelled amazing. 

Yep, I can use the same battery across the three tools. Fast recharge time, chainsaw barely used any battery—my mower gets a little over an hour’s use, which is fine for the size of my yard. I run the battery out the rest of the way with the weed eater.

Highly suggest the E Go product line for easy stuff around a regular sized yard. 

Edited by ShocksMyBrain
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Dude, no joke. Game changer. 

I've actually got one of those but not a chainsaw. There have been times when I looked like a complete idiot sawing a log while standing 8' away from it. I don't want to seem ungrateful, but I was a little surprised and disappointed that this awesome contraption I was gifted wasn't convertible. Like... why isn't it just a chainsaw on a pole... that I can remove... so that it turns back into a chainsaw.....

Get a machete to clean up the little branches.  Then no one will look directly at you or make fun of you.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Yep, I can use the same battery across the three tools. Fast recharge time, chainsaw barely used any battery—my mower gets a little over an hour’s use, which is fine for the size of my yard. I run the battery out the rest of the way with the weed eater.

I was in a big box store last week and over half of their push mowers are now electric. Every one I looked at used 18v batteries that were cross platform. A hellova good way to go.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, The Freak said:

An electric chainsaw would be perfect for my needs, but I already have a gas powered one which makes it not so handy.  It does make me feel a little like the Brawny man when I use it, tho.  lol

I went with the E Go line because I don’t want to keep oil and gas and worry about mixtures and all that other maintenance that comes with gas powered tools. They have stellar reviews across the board, and while they’re not cheap, I don’t mind spending a little extra for quality. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Bet that happens a lot feel bad for you

Don't feel bad for me, feel bad for my family and my coworkers, they have it almost as bad as you guys do

5 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

I was in a big box store last week and over half of their push mowers are now electric. Every one I looked at used 18v batteries that were cross platform. A hellova good way to go.

Do you have a suggestion for a log sawhorse? Really wanted to have one today to carve up some firewood, but Lowe’s didn’t have one. 

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

Don't feel bad for me, feel bad for my family and my coworkers, they have it almost as bad as you guys do

Jeez poor souls especially the kids. 

• Love 1

4 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Do you have a suggestion for a log sawhorse? Really wanted to have one today to carve up some firewood, but Lowe’s didn’t have one. 

I usually just cut it as it lays. The less I can handle/move that wood the better. (TWSS)

With a little practice it’s gets pretty easy. Also, a small maul hammer(5 lbs) and a few plastic wedges can make all the difference in the world at relieving bind.

32 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

I usually just cut it as it lays. The less I can handle/move that wood the better. (TWSS)

With a little practice it’s gets pretty easy. Also, a small maul hammer(5 lbs) and a few plastic wedges can make all the difference in the world at relieving bind.

Yeah, I had a couple cuts that I had cut most of the way through and stopped the chain. Definitely didn’t feel right pulling it out between the pinched wood. Had one stop the chain and it pulled the chain off the bar. Is that a bind? Probably needed to keep a mind of the chain tension. 

Edit: just watched the video. A bind is what I described. Guess I need to get a wedge now.

Edited by ShocksMyBrain
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I went with the E Go line because I don’t want to keep oil and gas and worry about mixtures and all that other maintenance that comes with gas powered tools. They have stellar reviews across the board, and while they’re not cheap, I don’t mind spending a little extra for quality. 

I would definitely go that way if I had a blank slate.  Will head that way slowly as equipment ships the bed.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Yeah, I had a couple cuts that I had cut most of the way through and stopped the chain. Definitely didn’t feel right pulling it out between the pinched wood. Had one stop the chain and it pulled the chain off the bar. Is that a bind? Probably needed to keep a mind of the chain tension. 

Yeah, definitely sounds like bind. And that bind can come at anywhere from 0-360. Especially with downed timber. That’s some of the hardest stuff to cut. Especially when you get end bind. I usually limb as much as I can before I start bucking the main log. Get as much weight off of it as you can. Also, you gotta watch chain sharpness. If you didn’t get a file and a file guide, get one. It’s way easier to maintain that chain a bit at a time versus fouling it up then trying to sharpen it. Also, dirt is a chain’s enemy. Keep that chain out of the dirt as much as possible. If it starts to cut in a curve, your chain is dull.

2 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Yeah, definitely sounds like bind. And that bind can come at anywhere from 0-360. Especially with downed timber. That’s some of the hardest stuff to cut. Especially when you get end bind. I usually limb as much as I can before I start bucking the main log. Get as much weight off of it as you can. Also, you gotta watch chain sharpness. If you didn’t get a file and a file guide, get one. It’s way easier to maintain that chain a bit at a time versus fouling it up then trying to sharpen it. Also, dirt is a chain’s enemy. Keep that chain out of the dirt as much as possible. If it starts to cut in a curve, your chain is dull.

I’ve learned so much about chainsaws and terminology than I ever knew in the past 18 hours from YouTube and your knowledge than I ever knew. Can’t wait to go cut some more lumber…but beers. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Highly suggest the E Go product line for easy stuff around a regular sized yard. 

I was going to ask how it was holding up at the end of the season.  I remember the conversation we had in spring.  I went with the Toro flexForce 60v 6.0HP.  By end of season when the grass was in a good pattern, I was cutting the yard (1/4 to 1/3 acre) twice on a single charge.  Love it.  I later added the leaf blower with a smaller 2.5hp battery.   Man that has solid power.  But both are interchangeable.  Been great.  I want to add other tools as I go.  Love the E route. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Gorgeous weekend in NOLA 

Suggest Bevi Seafood Co on N Carrollton for crawfish and po boys. How anyone can make a simple roast beef sandwich taste so dang good is incredible. 

IMG_0296.jpg

Ahhh my people. We are actually going to throw our own Mardi gras party with just us 4 haha.  Love that season. 

• Like 1

Had a Marriage Date Night event in Frankfort, KY. 2 comedians and Johnny Diaz (Christian recording artist). Awesome fun of laughter and music.  Wife and I each got pics with Johnny Diaz.  His songs are mostly written by him and have a personal story behind them.  Respect him so much more after the concert. 

20220219_182323.jpg

20220219_185214.jpg

20220219_190246.jpg

• Like 2