Post a picture

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Sylva is dope. Snow tubing later, hopefully a hike, hopefully another brewery for dinner.

PXL_20220205_133019495.MP.jpg

PXL_20220205_132831468.MP.jpg

PXL_20220205_004228204.MP.jpg

PXL_20220204_225200099.MP.jpg

Where is Sylva? Looks like a very enjoyable vacay.

21 hours ago, McLoofus said:

35 or so miles west of Asheville. Western Carolina U is here.

Tubing in Maggie Valley...

Well they planned that slow down zone just long enough, eh? Lol

• Haha 1

On 2/5/2022 at 9:20 AM, McLoofus said:

Sylva is dope. Snow tubing later, hopefully a hike, hopefully another brewery for dinner.

Looks like a great trip, and the kiddos look they are having fun too. You picked a good weekend to escape! 

• Haha 2

Just now, McLoofus said:

Buddy... whew...

We’ve been up in Mentone without cell service for the most part, so I’ve been able to stay away from my phone for the most part. Much needed. Hope you guys had fun.

• Love 1

3 hours ago, Barnacle said:

We’ve been up in Mentone without cell service for the most part, so I’ve been able to stay away from my phone for the most part. Much needed. Hope you guys had fun.

We did and likewise!

On 2/3/2022 at 3:21 AM, ShocksMyBrain said:

Love some good marbling. Was actually surprised by this cut of chuck roast that I got from the farmer’s market. 2.5lbs for under $20 for my chili, **** yeah I’ll take it. 

F8jXPJd.jpg

Also, I implore everyone to make this Chili recipe. It’s fire every time. This is my be all end all chili recipe. 

https://www.bingingwithbabish.com/recipes/2017/1/18/kevinschili?rq=Kevin&format=amp

Man, you were totally spot on. This chili recipe is awesome! Thanks again for sharing.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 2/5/2022 at 9:20 AM, McLoofus said:

Man. I’ll reiterate. So much awesome in those pictures.

I’ll say I am disappointed to see that their was a puffy black jacket convention and I wasn’t invited.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Man. I’ll reiterate. So much awesome in those pictures.

I’ll say I am disappointed to see that their was a puffy black jacket convention and I wasn’t invited.

Yeah man, there's definitely a uniform, as you well know. If it's not a puffy black jacket, it's Carhartt overalls. Although I think that fancy name brand stuff might be frowned upon and it might just be "brown" overalls. 

It was nice being there this time of year. Felt very local relative to the other 3 seasons. More than made up for no leaves on the trees. 

Hung out with 911 operators and a fireman. Like, that kind of hanging out where the grownups stay up late drinking around the dining room table playing Cards of Humanity (except it was other games, not actually that one). You know better than I do what general sense of humor we're dealing with here. Absolutely nothing off limits. Hours of belly laughing with new friends. Man, I needed that. To the point that I'm blabbering on to you guys about it, lol.

But hell yes it would be awesome to attend the same puffy black jacket convention in that part of the world. Fortunately the one we attended pictured above also allowed puffy blue jackets. 

• Love 1

15 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Yeah man, there's definitely a uniform, as you well know. If it's not a puffy black jacket, it's Carhartt overalls. Although I think that fancy name brand stuff might be frowned upon and it might just be "brown" overalls. 

It was nice being there this time of year. Felt very local relative to the other 3 seasons. More than made up for no leaves on the trees. 

Hung out with 911 operators and a fireman. Like, that kind of hanging out where the grownups stay up late drinking around the dining room table playing Cards of Humanity (except it was other games, not actually that one). You know better than I do what general sense of humor we're dealing with here. Absolutely nothing off limits. Hours of belly laughing with new friends. Man, I needed that. To the point that I'm blabbering on to you guys about it, lol.

But hell yes it would be awesome to attend the same puffy black jacket convention in that part of the world. Fortunately the one we attended pictured above also allowed puffy blue jackets. 

God that sounds so f’in amazing. That place has a way of embracing visitors and making them feel at home. We gotta get back soon.

(In reference to bolded)Yeah…..man that can be a really dark, dank place to pull out of at the end of a night😬.

And knowing what I know now, I’da gone with blue too. Or hunter orange.

Edited by Tiger Refuge
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Yeah…..man that can be a really dark, dank place to pull out of at the end of a night😬.

I knew you'd know. They talked about that some. Laughter as literal medicine.

Very cathartic in February of Two Thousand and Twenty Two. 

• Love 1

30 minutes ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

3rd attempt on deads back in October at my last powerlifting comp. Ready for the next one. 

97051AC0-DA4B-4730-B6AB-F3C390C63D1E.jpeg

Bro you got muscles in places where I ain't even got places

Congrats on the big lift!

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

3rd attempt on deads back in October at my last powerlifting comp. Ready for the next one. 

97051AC0-DA4B-4730-B6AB-F3C390C63D1E.jpeg

Thanks for sharing!  I am surprised you went for sumo rather than traditional.  Are you exclusively sumo now?  What class did you compete at?

Edited by abw0004

22 hours ago, abw0004 said:

Thanks for sharing!  I am surprised you went for sumo rather than traditional.  Are you exclusively sumo now?  What class did you compete at?

Yeah man I have short arms but big legs, sumo allows me to pull through my butt/legs a lot more. Traditional kills my back. I compete in the 198-220 class, open division in the USPA. Looking to compete again this summer/fall. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Damn can you play OL?

I wish...I would be cutting those legs like trees falling 😆 lol.

I just found this forum yesterday, thought I would hop in. Had to get away from the saga on the football forums haha

• Haha 2

Just now, TAYLORKEETON said:

Yeah man I have short arms but big legs, sumo allows me to pull through my butt/legs a lot more. Traditional kills my back. I compete in the 198-220 class, open division in the USPA. Looking to compete again this summer/fall. 

Awesome.  Are you going to the May competition in Atlanta, GA or the June competition in Taccoa, GA?

20 minutes ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

I wish...I would be cutting those legs like trees falling 😆 lol.

I just found this forum yesterday, thought I would hop in. Had to get away from the saga on the football forums haha

We have to vote you in but if you send me $$$$ under the table I'll make you you get in...:poke:

• Haha 3

On 2/8/2022 at 1:16 PM, abw0004 said:

Awesome.  Are you going to the May competition in Atlanta, GA or the June competition in Taccoa, GA?

No sir, I will be looking for once closer to central Alabama this summer/fall. Out of my 4 comps, 3 have been in Tuscaloosa and 1 has been in bham at Iron City.

• Like 1

Ice storm last week brought on dropped limbs. Sounds like an excuse to buy and use my first chainsaw. Went with the E Go 18” to go with my lawnmower and weed eater. Pretty badass little tool, only took an hour to cut it up, and another 30 to haul it to the street. I’m basically @Tiger Refugenow. 

VWjLjCo.jpg

rcAGi3b.jpg

t3AIvRG.jpg

BOWaWN3.jpg

Edited by ShocksMyBrain
  • Like 1
  • Love 2

6 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

E Go 18” to go with my lawnmower and weed eater

Does this mean interchangeable batteries? Very nice.

Man. That's a lot of fresh cut pine. Bet it smelled amazing. 

4 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Ice storm last week brought on dropped limbs. Sounds like an excuse to buy and use my first chainsaw. Went with the E Go 18” to go with my lawnmower and weed eater. Pretty badass little tool, only took an hour to cut it up, and another 30 to haul it to the street. I’m basically @Tiger Refugenow. 

VWjLjCo.jpg

rcAGi3b.jpg

t3AIvRG.jpg

BOWaWN3.jpg

An electric chainsaw would be perfect for my needs, but I already have a gas powered one which makes it not so handy.  It does make me feel a little like the Brawny man when I use it, tho.  lol

• Haha 2