Post a picture

2 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

A few more from President's Cup Sunday.

20220925_122424.jpg

20220925_123850.jpg

20220925_151900.jpg

Looks like you saw some good stuff this weekend. Good to see the International team put up a fight over the weekend. Looks like the JT/Kim match got a little testy….

17 minutes ago, fredst said:

Looks like you saw some good stuff this weekend. Good to see the International team put up a fight over the weekend. Looks like the JT/Kim match got a little testy….

I was standing right above the green on 15 when that exchange happened where Kim mocked the fist pump and shushed the crowd.  JT looked pissed!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mike4AU said:

Any car guys here?  My toy…not a daily driver…Lexus SC 430. 

image.thumb.jpeg.7154e2c4d36d3c9a760cfe1ba40a4e1d.jpeg

Looks good.  Top down days are the best.

• 2 weeks later...

Couldn't have picked a more beautiful locale to watch a high school football game.  Check out that orange and blue sky. 

20221007_194710.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

After four months of prepping, dent work, and wet sanding, the Jeep finally hits the paint booth.

DE645761-D40E-42D2-9359-334F431A786D.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, abw0004 said:

After four months of prepping, dent work, and wet sanding, the Jeep finally hits the paint booth.

DE645761-D40E-42D2-9359-334F431A786D.jpeg

What color scheme? 

• Like 1

On 9/26/2022 at 5:12 PM, ShocksMyBrain said:

Tree fell in the backyard on Saturday. What a good reason to break out the chainsaw. 

qO5RGxB.jpg

k3VlHCu.jpg

u1HWuaF.jpg

Nice saw. I bought my first chainsaw a few months back. I went with the Ryobi 18 inch. I love it. I have several Ryobi yard tools and I joke that if they ever get around to making a pick-up truck I'll buy it too. 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/26/2022 at 5:12 PM, ShocksMyBrain said:

Tree fell in the backyard on Saturday. What a good reason to break out the chainsaw. 

qO5RGxB.jpg

k3VlHCu.jpg

u1HWuaF.jpg

Battery? Older I get the more I like the battery powered tools. Some gas powered can be aggravating to start.  Had a Ryobi weed trimmer. Once you got it started to worn out to use it.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Battery? Older I get the more I like the battery powered tools. Some gas powered can be aggravating to start.  Had a Ryobi weed trimmer. Once you got it started to worn out to use it.

My sons bought me a 60v Max DeWalt leaf blower for Father's Day. I wouldn't trade that mofo for anything. No more gas blower for me.

As an aside, I do like to joke around a lot on here. However, I take safety seriously.  I use chainsaws a fairly good bit in my job. If any of ya'll haven't done so already, please PLEASE go buy you a good pair of chainsaw chaps. They aren't that expensive and they can literally save your life. I wear all of my safety gear when running saws. I don't care how hot it is outside. 

Edited by Tiger Refuge
....because editing.
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

My sons bought me a 60v Max DeWalt leaf blower for Father's Day. I wouldn't trade that mofo for anything. No more gas blower for me.

As an aside, I do like to joke around a lot on here. However, I take safety seriously.  I use chainsaws a fairly good bit in my job. If any of ya'll haven't done so already, please PLEASE go buy you a good pair of chainsaw chaps. They aren't that expensive and they can literally save your life. I wear all of my safety gear when running saws. I don't care how hot it is outside. 

Have an 18” pruning saw and use sensibly. My career was commercial construction and comfortable with most tools and equipment. On chainsaws I see it like flying an airplane. Let someone with experience do heavy stuff. Accidents happen quickly and the results with that tool are usually way way bad.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Have an 18” pruning saw and use sensibly. My career was commercial construction and comfortable with most tools and equipment. On chainsaws I see it like flying an airplane. Let someone with experience do heavy stuff. Accidents happen quickly and the results with that tool are usually way way bad.

I teach a chainsaw safety class at work. I like to remind people that chainsaws don’t “cut” they chip. And chipping flesh is waaaaaay easier than wood. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

A teaser, now that the paint is done.  Now we wait for a few weeks while the paint hardens so I can put a clear bra on and ceramic coat it.  

36491485-59E5-44B8-AE62-52CC0C516F17.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

A teaser, now that the paint is done.  Now we wait for a few weeks while the paint hardens so I can put a clear bra on and ceramic coat it.  

36491485-59E5-44B8-AE62-52CC0C516F17.jpeg

Looks good, I really need to get my 97 repainted too.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, The Freak said:

Looks good, I really need to get my 97 repainted too.

Well, I have a guy if you are willing to trailer it to Savannah.  Not many shops are willing to do full paint jobs anymore. 

• Like 1

BTW, it looks really great!

I had a 1967 427, convertible , 4 on the floor, tripower, yellow with black stinger hood. Way fast. 

My current toy is a Lexus SC 430. It’s a really nice car.  I had the ECU remapped to eliminate the throttle lag, bumped up the HP, improved the air flow/fuel mixture and some other stuff. Lots quicker now.  It’s a garage king.