Post a picture

n6L2t4t.jpg

So we’re in the midst of a tournament and I have some very pointed criticisms. 

First, we’re on to the final, so yay us. But whoever decided goal differential should be the first tiebreaker is a moron. It’s practically inviting blowout games. 

The format is a group of 7 with each team playing two games against other teams from the group. Group winner goes straight to the final. 2 and 3 have a playoff game to see who reaches the final. 4 vs. 5, then 6 vs. 7 in a consolation game. 

Got matched up with two Birmingham area teams in the group. We thrashed the first team we played, a north b’ham side, 9-0. Sadie started in goal, but they yanked her after we went up by 5 in the 1st half. She finally scored a goal this season and had a beauty of a layoff for an assist. Ended up winning 9-0. Ho hum.

An Atlanta area team is our main competition in the group. They played the other B’ham area team, BUSA, this morning and thrashed them 11-1. So to go straight through to the final tomorrow, we had to beat this BUSA by at least 9.

We beat them 10-0. Sadie played in the field all game. It’s sad that we had to do that, but when you incentivize blowouts, these things happen. The opposing parents were pissed. Can’t blame them. We had to do it.

V4EexZU.png

Putting rec sides, and there were two of them - Bruno Montessori, another Trussville side that got beat 7-by the Atlanta side - was stupid. Should have invited another rec side and split things up. Putting all the 07s, competitive and rec in one amorphous blob was a stroke of idiocy.

Neither team we played got a single shot on frame against us. That’s how crazy this was. 

Edited by AUDub
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, AUDub said:

n6L2t4t.jpg

So we’re in the midst of a tournament and I have some very pointed criticisms. 

First, we’re on to the final, so yay us. But whoever decided goal differential should be the first tiebreaker is a moron. It’s practically inviting blowout games. 

The format is a group of 7 with each team playing two games against other teams from the group. Group winner goes straight to the final. 2 and 3 have a playoff game to see who reaches the final. 4 vs. 5, then 6 vs. 7 in a consolation game. 

Got matched up with two Birmingham area teams in the group. We thrashed the first team we played, a north b’ham side, 9-0. Sadie started in goal, but they yanked her after we went up by 5 in the 1st half. She finally scored a goal this season and had a beauty of a layoff for an assist. Ended up winning 9-0. Ho hum.

An Atlanta area team is our main competition in the group. They played the other B’ham area team, BUSA, this morning and thrashed them 11-1. So to go straight through to the final tomorrow, we had to beat this BUSA by at least 9.

We beat them 10-0. Sadie played in the field all game. It’s sad that we had to do that, but when you incentivize blowouts, these things happen. The opposing parents were pissed. Can’t blame them. We had to do it.

V4EexZU.png

Putting rec sides, and there were two of them - Bruno Montessori, another Trussville side that got beat 7-by the Atlanta side - was stupid. Should have invited another rec side and split things up. Putting all the 07s, competitive and rec in one amorphous blob was a stroke of idiocy.

Neither team we played got a single shot on frame against us. That’s how crazy this was. 

and thanks

On to the final. Homewood gave that Atlanta side all they could handle before falling 3-2. We played this side in the final last year and beat them 4-2. See if we can start a streak today. Will be wet.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Congratulations!

We're all soaked and it was a crazy game. We outplayed them all game long and it would have been one of those that would have sucked to lose. Sadie played the first half in goal. Called on to make one save. Their keeper was awesome and saved 4 shots on target. 0-0 at the half.

Second half, Sadie starts at left back. Aaliyah, our best offensive player, scored with a one timer from the top of the box that found the upper 90 with 10 to go. That was the difference. They turned up the heat on the attack and kept us in our half from then on. They didn't get any shots on target, but what would have been the equalizer pinged off the crossbar with 3 to go. That was their last effective move on goal. 

Edited by AUDub
  • Like 2

All those goals in the group stage, 1-0 final lol. 

FsbvdGx.jpg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

This Japanese Maple reaching to the pool

7bCZopz.jpg

And my dog

qSQH2tz.jpg

Dude, is that your back yard? Gorgeous, no matter whose it is. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, AUDub said:

All those goals in the group stage, 1-0 final lol. 

FsbvdGx.jpg

Lol........I still wear pairs of Ashworth khakis purchased prior to 2007.........another reminder of just how rapidly I am sliding down the mountain? 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Dude, is that your back yard? Gorgeous, no matter whose it is. 

My folks’. I love their backyard. Very lagoon like and private despite being surrounded on all sides by neighbors. 

• Like 1

I haven't been to a hockey game since the Birmingham Bulls were around. Good times. 

2 minutes ago, AUDub said:

I haven't been to a hockey game since the Birmingham Bulls were around. Good times. 

Yep Mobile Mystics

1 hour ago, AUDub said:

One of my goals is to see a game in all of the "Original Six" cities.  This marks city #4 for me.  Two to go.

12 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

In Boston for work and had a free night.  Game 7, Round 1 of the Stanley Cup Playoffs.  Bruins vs Maple Leafs.

0425181905.jpg

0425181826_HDR.jpg

Nice! Love that town. 

They just built a boardwalk out onto our neighborhood "beach". (Really just a small spit of sand out into the sound.) About a 10 minute bike ride from the house.

IMG_20180424_202327.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

They just built a boardwalk out onto our neighborhood "beach". (Really just a small spit of sand out into the sound.) About a 10 minute bike ride from the house.

IMG_20180424_202327.jpg

Is that a Gary Fisher?

Just now, kevon67 said:

Is that a Gary Fisher?

Trek. Got it about a month ago. It has been serving me well. It's very flat and bike-friendly here. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Trek. Got it about a month ago. It has been serving me well. It's very flat and bike-friendly here. 

Very nice? 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

Jealousy of the Trek and the view in 3........2.........1? 

It's OK.

Got one of each.

• Love 1
  • Sad 1

51 minutes ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

It's OK.

Got one of each.

So you have 2 bone-in ribeye compared to my hamburger steak? 

13 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

:tease:

10 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

So you have 2 bone-in ribeye compared to my hamburger steak? 

Got both...

1 hour ago, kevon67 said:

Jealousy of the Trek and the view in 3........2.........1? 

...and a self-fulfilling prophesy?

ETA - where do I find a nyah nyah emoji??

Edited by AUld fAUx@