Post a picture

43 minutes ago, Mike4AU said:

Thanks!  I hope  they have some crawfish pies and crab/shrimp pies.  Heck, I just checked and they don’t. 

If you are looking for the hand pies(Natchitoches meat pie) then might I suggest Lasyone’s. I looked at their menu and they sell them frozen, but I do not know if they ship. You’d have to call to ask. Their crawfish meat pies are unreal.

http://lasyones.com

Edited by Tiger Refuge
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Seafood stuffed jalapenos?

Crawfish boudin egg rolls?

You son of a...

*pulls out credit card*

Between the beer and the food, one could easily convert all of their available cash to liquid or meat form. Not that it’s a bad thing...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Between the beer and the food, one could easily convert all of their available cash to liquid or meat form. Not that it’s a bad thing...

Stupid electricity and water and "clothing" for my "children". Just getting between me and my sweet suds and vittles!

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Traded the coast for Grand National and deer apparently love golf courses. Do not play golf but golfers are great people and several great fishing lakes around. Great food in the clubhouse grill. One of the better Rueben sandwiches around. Have not asked if they sell PBR.

thumbnail.jpg

• Love 1

5 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Traded the coast for Grand National and deer apparently love golf courses. Do not play golf but golfers are great people and several great fishing lakes around. Great food in the clubhouse grill. One of the better Rueben sandwiches around. Have not asked if they sell PBR.

thumbnail.jpg

They didn't a few years ago............:'(

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Mike4AU said:

@Tiger Refugeand @McLoofus, I just ordered a bunch of stuff from The Best Stop.  Thanks for the recommendations!

image.png

Buddy that stuffed chicken is so clutch. One of those things that most people would never cook at home, would cost three times as much in a restaurant, and literally all you have to do is throw it straight in a baking dish and heat it up in the oven. Good ordering all around. Hope you report back with what you make with the tasso! Made some of the best gumbo ever with their tasso.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Sunrise on the river at work today. Damn, I love my job this time of year.

36ABBFDB-73A5-4F66-9C12-76393C8E3863.jpeg

In the foothills south of Asheville rn. For once I'm only medium jealous of you. Don't worry, the meter will be pegged again when I go back to the office Tuesday.

Man, this weather must be life for you lately.

• Love 1

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

In the foothills south of Asheville rn. For once I'm only medium jealous of you. Don't worry, the meter will be pegged again when I go back to the office Tuesday.

Man, this weather must be life for you lately.

It’s f’in glorious!

• Love 1

Some shots from our trip to the Pisgah/Hendersonville NC area. Mainly of my daughter, lol. Highlights were some great waterfalls, a killer hike up to Black Balsam Knob (ultimate short + rewarding + beautiful drive up combo), and beer.

CHwvLHZM8bZOotdvqfnpIdFiwxAdkj2KPxC4wlTX

8HWy2H1HvoZedc-NHaMHhBfMrvkGYSrPzhkU4p9M

BnpPBkVM9YLoVC7W0yLmP1RLe50TWCcsXU9tKqiq

hKHoFdmn7lCkBcU-LbT91nZOtOXBfJeFkWDbILL6

QK0Mr8u097-1gTG9DL48ETlMsVQXKPJgms-1iG96

Zw_NsPvRVWw3p2Slg9Q52Ap8ag71INqJ50kOf86z

VUiCFZSssc24vw5U5Tlzwdae21TgV3VJ6tyQavzN

NyycEzRcAdDXxBHSljiTx-9-5q_Dlqtvp9CbXMd7

n_fW7vzCkwzVbjAWJWu48Y3q-nkTV_HFsrjykWtF

Rwm1f5EwLu5aZ-PKvcW8Geu2yRBScEpYF46BVE3M

PbO58C-HchjUo1LJOhnwTEctKAdf5sL1sb_qWc_H

x75yvpEvSABLirBTxSoMkYxNrsp9Nz5WXjqid0E0

3Mbh01OY2R19pXFivQSvIRFiLOfiYWY43SA2_JbK

And Baby Girl's first in-person day of kindergarten. In your face, 2020. 

FRRsfrwjzm9tjww9XCRClQ0gZqN7Dw1ECLOqlis1

On 10/9/2020 at 11:52 AM, McLoofus said:

Some shots from our trip to the Pisgah/Hendersonville NC area. Mainly of my daughter, lol. 

I'm not seeing anything, might just be me tho.

On 10/10/2020 at 1:07 PM, The Freak said:

I'm not seeing anything, might just be me tho.

Thanks for the heads up but it's showing up for me. Don't worry, though, the pictures are undoubtedly more interesting to me than they would be to anyone else, lol.

Thanks.  I used it on my $212 order.  BTW, the deboned chicken with stuffed dressing (actually is a mixture of rice, not cornbread dressing) was outstanding.  We got three meals each out of it. The crawfish pies and shrimp/crabmeat pies were really good.  I gave them B+ and A-, respectively. 

The foods arrived the day after shipping and were still frozen solid. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

39 minutes ago, Mike4AU said:

Thanks.  I used it on my $212 order.  BTW, the deboned chicken with stuffed dressing (actually is a mixture of rice, not cornbread dressing) was outstanding.  We got three meals each out of it. The crawfish pies and shrimp/crabmeat pies were really good.  I gave them B+ and A-, respectively. 

The foods arrived the day after shipping and were still frozen solid. 

Good point about the fast shipping. Maybe I should order again and try to line it up so I have some dry ice left over for Halloween....

I don’t like to flex, but I’m gonna. “Thank you” dinner from the owners of my shop. I absolutely CRUSHED that orange caviar. Never had caviar before, but I tore that s*** up. 

fxCmR34.jpg
npkNPj6.jpg
wseJo1K.jpg

wDtL47D.jpg

Edited by ShocksMyBrain
  • Like 1
  • Love 3

7 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I don’t like to flex, but I’m gonna. “Thank you” dinner from the owners of my shop. I absolutely CRUSHED that orange caviar. Never had caviar before, but I tore that s*** up. 

fxCmR34.jpg
npkNPj6.jpg
wseJo1K.jpg

wDtL47D.jpg

I hate to be cliche but what else am I supposed to say but holy sh**?

• Like 1

I cooked the crawfish fettuccine I got from The Best Stop.  Sorry to report that it was pathetic.  Hardly any crawfish and virtually no sauce on the fettuccine.  Given how good the deboned chicken was and the crawfish pies and shrimp/crab pies were, I was really disappointed.  

• Sad 2

24 minutes ago, Mike4AU said:

I cooked the crawfish fettuccine I got from The Best Stop.  Sorry to report that it was pathetic.  Hardly any crawfish and virtually no sauce on the fettuccine.  Given how good the deboned chicken was and the crawfish pies and shrimp/crab pies were, I was really disappointed.  

That's a bummer to hear. I think they outsource the fettucine, but they also outsource the pies and either way, it's their name on the box. 

Appreciate the heads up. 

For leftovers (and there were a lot of leftovers from the initial dinner) I added some mushrooms, alfredo sauce and Tony Chachere’s to the fettuccine and then it was good. 

Also added a bunch of cajun steamed shrimp. 

Edited by Mike4AU
  • Like 1

On 9/7/2020 at 11:13 AM, Tiger Refuge said:

@McLoofus @Mike4AU

As if y’all needed another place to buy Cajun food products...this is where I got my last batch of crawfish boudin.

It.

Was.

Glorious.

https://www.billeauds.com

I worked about 5 mins from here and attended the church across the street for the past decade. I used to get a plate lunch here once a week at least.  Small little gas station, but as you said some fantastic specialty boudin. White bean boudin is another blessing,  but can't remember if this was from billeauds or another.  Crawfish etouffee was a regular dish for me during lent.  Also a might not known fact.  Absolutely some of the best, most addictive chili dogs! We would sometimes buy a full case to treat the shop.  Sigh ... miss Louisiana Food already. 

• Love 1

A few pics of the scenery in my new Kentucky surroundings.  Actually get to see fall this year! We are in the process of buying house near the steeple farms where Derby winners are raised.  Beautiful Autumn colors on the trees lining the streets heading that way.  Too bad the house won't close for another month.  Foliage likely gone by then.  But I am sure more pics will come eventually from me.  Beautiful country here. The ducks and pond are at my work.  Yes there is fish in the pond.  :)

20201010_183552.jpg

20201010_183607.jpg

20201011_121414.jpg

20201011_123816.jpg

20201011_123901.jpg

20201011_123919.jpg

20201011_124224.jpg

20201011_124235.jpg

20200813_160353.jpg

Edited by AUBwins
  • Like 3
  • Love 1