Post a picture

4 minutes ago, bigbird said:

It was beautiful to see

We saw so many of them our first two years down here but haven't seen many this year at all.

Was riding my bike down the path and there was a dead squirrel about 15 yards in front of me. A bald eagle swooped down to snatch it up, missed on the first try, then came back down. At this point I was only about 10 yards from it. Jolted me big time. Then a couple crows started chasing the eagle, trying to steal the squirrel from it I guess. That was my favorite time. The other favorite time was when one was just chilling on the beach. 

They really are striking. And huge. 

Incredible shot of it, btw.

Edited by McLoofus
  • Like 2

On 7/31/2020 at 5:34 PM, CleCoTiger said:

My son Josh with a clown at the Montgomery Zoo circa 1982.

Josh_Clown_Zoo_sat_col-bal.jpg

Great.  I've lived my whole life enjoying clowns.  Bot NOW I'm scared of them.  It's all downhill from here.

• Haha 1

My new school digs...my kinda place. #MacMillanInternationalMagnet

20200805_115217.jpg

20200805_115227.jpg

• Like 4

Some of finished (close enough) classroom...the WorldCafe@MacMillan. Doing as before/after. I love this part of "starting over" even when every muscle aches. 

20200805_112236.jpg

20200810_170051.jpg

20200805_112402.jpg

20200810_165643.jpg

20200810_165818.jpg

20200810_165708.jpg

20200810_165744.jpg

20200810_170026.jpg

20200810_165851.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 2

A rainstorm lent a cool effect to the sunset tonight. This was through our breakfast room door to the back deck. Also, I need to do some hedge trimming.

IMG_20200816_195944_209.jpg

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

On 8/4/2020 at 2:18 PM, bigbird said:

Taken in my neighborhood yesterday.

Screenshot_20200803-140536.png

It's a beautiful sight for sure but an eagle soaring in another Bird's neighborhood can't be all that unusual. :big:

• Haha 1

Finally found use for my favorite ratchet T that I can't discard. Perfect WorldCafe addition! Zoom in and learn a new phrase!

20200817_143303.jpg

Edited by ToraGirl
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

@Tiger Refuge, this should be waiting for me when I get home this evening:

image.png

**Update: Mrs. Loof just IMed me asking me to find somewhere to order alligator sausage from. Gonna be a cute moment when she sees a giant box on our front porch in about 30 minutes.

Edited by McLoofus
  • Like 1
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

image.png

**Update: Mrs. Loof just IMed me asking me to find somewhere to order alligator sausage from. Gonna be a cute moment when she sees a giant box on our front porch in about 30 minutes.

Dude. That’s a home run box of Cajun meat sweats!

• Love 1

On 8/7/2020 at 12:57 PM, bigbird said:

It was tough, but I got most of it in...

20200807_113228.jpg

I'm old. I can't pizz that far anymore! 😬

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, McLoofus said:

image.png

Would I be correct in assuming that this is from The Best Stop in Scott, La?  If yes, have you eaten its crawfish pie before and can recommend?  Thanks!

Edited by Mike4AU

10 minutes ago, Mike4AU said:

Would I be correct in assuming that this is from The Best Stop in Scott, La?  If yes, have you eaten its crawfish pie before and can recommend?  Thanks!

You nailed it. Refuge turned me onto this place and I am forever in his debt. (Also, as you can guess from that order, I will likely just be forever in regular debt, too.) 

And I love their crawfish pie. Granted, I don't have the discriminating palate of a Louisiana local, but I have had them from other places, including NOLA restaurants, and yeah, I think they're fantastic and 100% worth the money. 

Trying some new stuff with this order. I'll be reporting back, likely in agonizing detail. I ordered so much boudin (the smoked boudin is church) last time that we aren't getting any except some balls this time. 

• Love 1

4 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

You nailed it. Refuge turned me onto this place and I am forever in his debt. (Also, as you can guess from that order, I will likely just be forever in regular debt, too.) 

And I love their crawfish pie. Granted, I don't have the discriminating palate of a Louisiana local, but I have had them from other places, including NOLA restaurants, and yeah, I think they're fantastic and 100% worth the money. 

Thanks!  I am going to order some crawfish pies, crab/shrimp pies and crawfish fettuccine.  Shipping is high, but I can live with it.  I’ve not been able to find a coupon. 

Just now, Mike4AU said:

Thanks!  I am going to order some crawfish pies, crab/shrimp pies and crawfish fettuccine.  Shipping is high, but I can live with it.  I’ve not been able to find a coupon. 

I hear ya. For me (SC coast) the shipping weighted against the general price point of the products works out pretty well. And going bulk of course balances it out a little more. They do occasionally do promotions. I got 20% off an order of $200+... which pretty much paid for the shipping and a crawfish pie, lol.

I did notice the other day that when I filled my cart just going straight to their site, they only calculated a more expensive shipping option. When I logged into my account and did it that way, I got the much cheaper standard shipping option. 

I have $202 in my cart and trying to find the code for 20% discount.  I signed up for their emails, hoping to receive a code soon.  

I like my cajun food to have a little bit of a kick, but not a lot of kick. @McLoofus, on a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being the hottest, how would you rate the heat factor?

Thanks

10 minutes ago, Mike4AU said:

I have $202 in my cart and trying to find the code for 20% discount.  I signed up for their emails, hoping to receive a code soon. 

I like my cajun food to have a little bit of a kick, but not a lot of kick. @McLoofus, on a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being the hottest, how would you rate the heat factor?

Thanks

Hmm. Tough one to answer. I'd say the boudin has some kick. Maybe a 6-7? The crawfish pies, not so much. Or really anything else I've had, unless it had jalapenos (which will be on the product listing).

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

@McLoofus @Mike4AU

As if y’all needed another place to buy Cajun food products...this is where I got my last batch of crawfish boudin.

It.

Was.

Glorious.

https://www.billeauds.com

Seafood stuffed jalapenos?

Crawfish boudin egg rolls?

You son of a...

*pulls out credit card*

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

@McLoofus @Mike4AU

As if y’all needed another place to buy Cajun food products...this is where I got my last batch of crawfish boudin.

It.

Was.

Glorious.

https://www.billeauds.com

Thanks!  I hope  they have some crawfish pies and crab/shrimp pies.  Heck, I just checked and they don’t.