Post a picture

27 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

My boy Auggie (left) went to join our girl Gracie (right) yesterday. Lots of ugly crying in the days preceding but he made it clear he was ready. 

He caught squirrels, he herded horses, he got punked out by geese and possum, he survived an army of bees, he accidentally jumped off a building and walked away, he climbed mountains, he swam in rivers, lakes and the ocean, he free roamed the mean streets of East Atlanta and got me in a hell of a lot of trouble, he broke hearts, he landed me dates, he was my copilot through 5 moves to 3 states, he was guardian and protector to my roommate turned girlfriend turned wife turned mother and then our 2 kids, and he was beloved by all who knew him. 

There'll never be another one like you, buddy. Tell those squirrels in heaven that Aug Dog is coming and he's bringing hell with him.

FB_IMG_1592054858323.jpg

Nice tribute. Hope someone says half of that when I go. Well, not exactly but you know what I mean. Sorry for your loss. 

• Love 1

8 hours ago, McLoofus said:

My boy Auggie (left) went to join our girl Gracie (right) yesterday. Lots of ugly crying in the days preceding but he made it clear he was ready. 

He caught squirrels, he herded horses, he got punked out by geese and possum, he survived an army of bees, he accidentally jumped off a building and walked away, he climbed mountains, he swam in rivers, lakes and the ocean, he free roamed the mean streets of East Atlanta and got me in a hell of a lot of trouble, he broke hearts, he landed me dates, he was my copilot through 5 moves to 3 states, he was guardian and protector to my roommate turned girlfriend turned wife turned mother and then our 2 kids, and he was beloved by all who knew him. 

There'll never be another one like you, buddy. Tell those squirrels in heaven that Aug Dog is coming and he's bringing hell with him.

FB_IMG_1592054858323.jpg

Sorry for your loss of Aug Dog.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, McLoofus said:

FB_IMG_1592054858323.jpg

Man, I’m so sorry brother. It really sucks losing a fur buddy.

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.”
                                              Will Rogers
  • Love 1

I'm sorry for your loss, M. He was legendary. He sounds movie-worthy. Good memories there. Prayers for you and McW...all...sure the LITTLES, too, will feel it on a different level. ❤🦋

• Love 1

@McLoofus , I don't know if you've ever heard this but it's from his first album. Gulliver was a farm dog where lyricist Bernie Taupin grew up. I've always liked this song and for some reason thought about it this morning. 

Edited by gr82be
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Poured one out for Auggie today. First day in Heaven.

45AB7BA8-D41A-4E5C-8B85-E499772CE049.jpeg

Made one change, hope you don't mind. :)

Edited by gr82be
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Poured one out for Auggie today. First day in the mountains.

45AB7BA8-D41A-4E5C-8B85-E499772CE049.jpeg

2 hours ago, gr82be said:

Made one change, hope you don't mind. :)

The Augster is honored and flattered, particularly that you would think of him in a place like that because, yes, that is 100% his idea of heaven. 

I trust you are enjoying your time there as much as he would have!

• Love 2

53 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

The Augster is honored and flattered, particularly that you would think of him in a place like that because, yes, that is 100% his idea of heaven. 

I trust you are enjoying your time there as much as he would have!

If I have enough refreshments, I might chase a squirrel in his honor today. Not that I’d ever catch one, but...you know.

First full day is today. Waking up to mountain air is the best. 

• Love 1

So I've fallen in love with dinosaur BBQ beef ribs.  Might be my favorite BBQ now.  Smoked these bad boys up this weekend at the casa.

IMG_20200614_152126.jpg

IMG_20200614_152137.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Brad_ATX said:

So I've fallen in love with dinosaur BBQ beef ribs.  Might be my favorite BBQ now.  Smoked these bad boys up this weekend at the casa.

IMG_20200614_152126.jpg

IMG_20200614_152137.jpg

Looks wonderful but I have to admit my first thought was...lol

giphy (2).gif

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Brad_ATX said:

IMG_20200614_152126.jpg

IMG_20200614_152137.jpg

Looks great. Never tried it. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Far superior to pork ribs when done right.

I’ll look for some the next weekend I have time to relax. I’ll reach out to get instructions.

19 minutes ago, alexava said:

I’ll look for some the next weekend I have time to relax. I’ll reach out to get instructions.

Cool.  Just remember that your looking for short beef plate ribs.  Not easy to find at some places.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

It was 45 degrees on Clingman’s dome at noon today.

55F944E3-EA06-4AF4-BBA9-58A0BD3FD4DB.jpeg

348E828B-22D0-4B31-BF23-E50CF2224207.jpeg

Daaaaang. Low of 64 in the Lowcountry yesterday. High of 80 today. It's not 45 but I'll take it.

Beautiful shots. What is the structure in the first picture? 

On 6/15/2020 at 8:43 PM, Brad_ATX said:

Far superior to pork ribs when done right.

Spoken like a true Texan. I have no doubt they are excellent.

• Like 2

On 6/15/2020 at 4:42 PM, Brad_ATX said:

IMG_20200614_152126.jpg

IMG_20200614_152137.jpg

Beautiful! I did beef ribs once and they were one of the two worst things I have ever BBQ'd. I need to try them again. It ought to taste like steak on a stick, right?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Grumps said:

Beautiful! I did beef ribs once and they were one of the two worst things I have ever BBQ'd. I need to try them again. It ought to taste like steak on a stick, right?

Not really.  More like really good brisket.  My bet is that you didn't cook them to a high enough temperature.  They shouldn't come off the smoker until they get to at least 200°.

And if done right, sauce is a 100% no-no.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Not really.  More like really good brisket.  My bet is that you didn't cook them to a high enough temperature.  They shouldn't come off the smoker until they get to at least 200°.

The flesh looks exactly like brisket. Dear, sweet, lovely smoked beef.

Have I already asked what you smoke on? I have to get in the game at some point. My two little ones just make it so hard to do anything that requires time and/or concentration right now. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

The flesh looks exactly like brisket. Dear, sweet, lovely smoked beef.

Have I already asked what you smoke on? I have to get in the game at some point. My two little ones just make it so hard to do anything that requires time and/or concentration right now. 

I actually migrated to a pellet smoker this year.  Used to have an offset, but decided I didn't want to do all of the work anymore.  Honestly, I LOVE my pellet.  It's so much easier, doesn't require constant monitoring, and the temperature remains consistent.  The flavor is a bit less smokey than a traditional offset, but the consistency of the finished product is so much better.

I have the Grilla Silverback.  It's a small company in Michigan that makes higher quality smokers.  My plan was to make a 15 year investment, so I was willing to spend a bit more.  Rec-Tec is also great in that market.

If you want to save a few bucks, Traeger is out there too but I'd actually recommend Pit Boss over it.  You can usually find those at any Lowe's or Academy.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

I won't stop thinking about brisket now until I smoke another one. There is a farm in Selma, AL that grows Wagyu cattle and sells the meat here in Montgomery. Their brisket does better than any other I have done.

• Like 1