-Big government 

-Higher taxes

-Tolerance and protection of all religions except Christianity 

Look!  Rush Limbaugh dropped in!  :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, homersapien said:

Look!  Rush Limbaugh dropped in!  :rolleyes:

?

On ‎7‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 8:51 PM, SaltyTiger said:

I would go further and say that is exactly why we have President Trump. Not Russians and ignorance.

To a degree, but I think that's an over-simplification.  To say the Russian disinformation campaign had nothing to do with it ignores reality to fit a narrative which makes Americans sound / feel smarter than they actually are as a whole.  If the propaganda didn't work, then none of us would have seen the numerous false articles and stories perpetrated on social media that were blindly accepted as fact by many Trump voters.  I actually had to "hide" a number of friends' posts during the campaign because the ignorance to what they were posting was incredibly laughable.

However, I don't think you're entirely wrong either.  Certainly this was a change election and the fact that Democrats put up Hillary was a determining factor, as she represents the status quo.  I think it also hurt that Hillary didn't campaign much in key states like Wisconsin and Michigan, which were taken for granted, while Trump made those voters feel good about themselves by telling them it's immigrants and NAFTA's fault that manufacturing jobs are leaving and making promises he can't possibly keep or that would actually be to those voters' detriment.  Yet it's been proven for years that people will often vote against their own interests if emotions get involved (see Alabama politics as a perfect example).

1 hour ago, Brad_ATX said:

...actually had to "hide" a number of friends' posts during the campaign because the ignorance to what they were posting was incredibly laughable.

as a change election and the fact that Democrats put up Hillary was a determining factor, as she represents the status quo.  I think it also hurt that Hillary didn't campaign much in key states like Wisconsin and Michigan, which were taken for granted, while Trump made those voters feel good about themselves by telling them it's immigrants and NAFTA's fault that manufacturing jobs are leaving and making promises he can't possibly keep or that would actually be to those voters' detriment.  Yet it's been proven for years that people will often vote against their own interests if emotions get involved 

I have done the same with FB. I usually Snopes 'em and some say thank you and sorry and some get so butt-hurt....Well lets just say that I now enjoy the process. Blowing up some crazy story feels good in so many ways.

1 hour ago, DKW 86 said:

I have done the same with FB. I usually Snopes 'em and some say thank you and sorry and some get so butt-hurt....Well lets just say that I now enjoy the process. Blowing up some crazy story feels good in so many ways.

I had to hide a family member. Actually several but this one had the gall to claim snopes was just a liberal protection tool. ...... I guess for presenting facts. 

Archived