Very Good Team Very Tough Schedule

corchjay

3 hours ago, djg0017 said:

Love this post! I really hope the fans -- especially the ones in JHS -- stay all in on this team. (I know they will!) Nothing gets my blood pumping like hearing the crowd roar after the hype video of the first game :hellyeah: Fans really can make a difference in home SEC games. Love this team, and I'm super excited! Fingers crossed for our guys to stay healthy!!

I get SO annoyed at how quiet the stadium can get - especially when the games are somewhat close.

I am that annoying fan who stands up if the ball heads my way (used to be the whole game, but decided that wasn't respectful when I moved out of the student section) and makes NOISE when we are on defense. 

I know we've had a few lackluster years, but could never wrap my head around why others wouldn't rock the stadium with me. We didn't get tickets until 2011 so I would have loved to seen the stadium in 2010!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, djg0017 said:

Love this post! I really hope the fans -- especially the ones in JHS -- stay all in on this team. (I know they will!) Nothing gets my blood pumping like hearing the crowd roar after the hype video of the first game :hellyeah: Fans really can make a difference in home SEC games. Love this team, and I'm super excited! Fingers crossed for our guys to stay healthy!!

I stay all in for the players always on the field.  Even in 2012, I was all in for the players. 

wde

1 minute ago, AidiAU said:

I get SO annoyed at how quiet the stadium can get - especially when the games are somewhat close.

I am that annoying fan who stands up if the ball heads my way (used to be the whole game, but decided that wasn't respectful when I moved out of the student section) and makes NOISE when we are on defense. 

I know we've had a few lackluster years, but could never wrap my head around why others wouldn't rock the stadium with me. We didn't get tickets until 2011 so I would have loved to seen the stadium in 2010!

Yes, this is on point. Mississippi State 2015, Vanderbilt 2016 were recent games that were ridiculously quiet and probably played a role in the loss to MSU (and it's definitely needed vs those damn cowbells). I've sat in the student section for almost every game I've attended but even that gets quiet after the 1st quarter. Lots (certainly not all) of the Greek life sections are there as a social gathering, not to cheer. But yeah you're right, if it's 3rd down or the other team is in the red zone.. I don't want to be able to hear myself think

3 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

I stay all in for the players always on the field.  Even in 2012, I was all in for the players. 

wde

Kudos to you then, you're a true fan. Football games are just a super duper fun atmosphere anyway.. I don't know how people can sit in silence for them:-\

11 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

wde

We did too. I forced my husband to stay until at least the 3rd quarter of each game. I couldn't walk out on those kids playing. 

I'm starting to get confident. I never get confident. Cautiously optimistic at best but now i have a gut feeling we gonna beat the s*** out of everyone. It's not normal for me to s*** talk. This is gonna be really good or really bad for me.

36 minutes ago, alexava said:

I'm starting to get confident. I never get confident. Cautiously optimistic at best but now i have a gut feeling we gonna beat the s*** out of everyone. It's not normal for me to s*** talk. This is gonna be really good or really bad for me.

It's all good.  But I never try to talk much smack.  

17 minutes ago, corchjay said:

That's good because if you did it would mean you were a Bammer

1 hour ago, alexava said:

Knowing your history, I'm thrilled about this! Don't hold back!

28 minutes ago, corchjay said:

As a former really old DB I talked a lot of smack and played dirty. I mean being 5'10' and 145 lbs what would you expect.

My sincere apologies to the players I broke body parts or blind sided or chew on their finger in pile ups

Since I have gotten so old I have stop talking smack...............sorta

2 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

...chew on their finger in pile ups

It must've been a lot easier to do without facemask.

It got quiet at times last year vs Clemson, but that was because both sides were equally bewildered and each left the game almost speechless and saddened at what we had just witnessed. 

(I do not expect a repeat of that performance this season though)

image.png

6 hours ago, abw0004 said:

The only change I would make is Hastings in front of Davis.  He seems to be the receiver of choice for Stidham when things break down.  I actually think we can beat LSU because it seems their QB situation has not improved from what I hear.  It will be like last year: stop their RB and you win the game. 

There has been questions about their o-line and wr's too. I still wouldn't take them lightly.

4 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

Ole Miss can be dangerous for three reasons in my humble opinion. One, they have a really good QB throwing to some freak receivers. Two, teams may be prone to take them lightly because of what might happen to them down the road.  Right now, they still have a solid SEC roster.  And three, Matt Luke is playing with house money.  He will be able to take big risks in big games.  

Exactly Shea Patterson looks like a Johnny Manziel clone...It's weird. Their receivers are big and athletic and they got nothing to lose. Very dangerous.

Not every team will be the same as last year's obviously. It will be interesting to see what happens when the contenders and pretenders are weeded out. That's why CFB is the best sport, lots of surprises. Can't wait til Sept. 2nd.

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

As a former really old DB I talked a lot of smack and played dirty. I mean being 5'10' and 145 lbs what would you expect.

My sincere apologies to the players I broke body parts or blind sided or chew on their finger in pile ups

Since I have gotten so old I have stop talking smack...............sorta

I'm glad to see this.

2 hours ago, alexava said:

Yeah, I'm starting to feel the same way. Something feels a bit different heading into this season.

4 hours ago, NoALtiger said:

It's tough as usual but everyone in the West has a tough schedule for that matter. 

The west is always tough. But we need to make their games tougher than ours, when they play us.

1 hour ago, WFE12 said:

There has been questions about their o-line and wr's too. I still wouldn't take them lightly.

I agree. We haven't won in their place this millennium.  We have absolutely no reason to take them lightly!!!

One burning question.  Who brings the fire?  Who is the leader that grabs someone by the face mask and makes them dig deeper then they thought?  Who plays nasty with reckless abandon laying their body on the line every play? 

Those positions are as important to a team as who is the left guard or strong side DE or punter.  

I'll buy into the ideas LSU has the athletes to beat anybody and Matt Canada is a promisng young coach, but not getting all this love for him as LSU's latest OC. His claims to fame are Pitt, N.C & Wisco. 

2 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

I'll buy into the ideas LSU has the athletes to beat anybody and Matt Canada is a promisng young coach, but not getting all this love for him as LSU's latest OC. His claims to fame are Pitt, N.C & Wisco. 

I'm with you.  They are a giant question mark at QB with one guy we know is nothing special and some freshmen, they are breaking in a new offense, which is extra hard without a solid leader at QB, and their defensive leader may be out for a while. I see them surprising a couple of teams, early, but once coordinators have film, I don't see them being the threat that many are expecting. I certainly can't think of a reason they would be much better than last year, and I can think of at least 3 reasons we will be.

Archived