Unity!

alexava

51 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

I would vote for this ticket right now.

Kasich might be wise to switch parties and seek the Democratic nomination.  He could likely bring a chunk of moderate Republican voters with him.

Kasich was a good candidate last cycle. People thought he was boring though.

Between Trump, Kasich, and Deez Nuts, I feel like America will get it right this time. 

1 hour ago, Strychnine said:

Kasich might be wise to switch parties and seek the Democratic nomination.  He could likely bring a chunk of moderate Republican voters with him.

I don't think he would win the nomination.  Democrats will nominate a democrat. Republicans will nominate the dumbest sumbich they can. But in the middle where I think most of us are he can win the common sense votes, especially with moderate republicans. Hardcore left or right will stay hardcore. 

I don't think he could win that nomination.  2020 screams to me that a more progressive candidate will win their nomination.  But that could also really open the road for a quality 3rd party ticket like this.

1 minute ago, alexava said:

I don't think he would win the nomination.  Democrats will nominate a democrat. Republicans will nominate the dumbest sumbich they can. But in the middle where I think most of us are he can win the common sense votes, especially with moderate republicans. Hardcore left or right will stay hardcore. 

HA!  Great minds and all.

5 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

I don't think he could win that nomination.  2020 screams to me that a more progressive candidate will win their nomination.  But that could also really open the road for a quality 3rd party ticket like this.

That was more of an ivory tower statement, where the Democrats do the smart thing and reach out to the moderates of both parties.  Deep down, I agreed with you while I was typing it.

4 hours ago, Strychnine said:

I believe that the 'crats are looking to find the next Bernie for 2020. 

19 hours ago, aubearcat said:

I believe that the 'crats are looking to find the next Bernie for 2020. 

I agree, and it is understandable, as I suspect their hindsight makes them think Bernie would have won (and I agree with them).  That said, the moderates are looking for somewhere to go.  With the Republicans drifting further to the right (from my perspective), the Democrats should try to pick a moderate ticket like that one, instead of drifting further left.  The people that held their nose and grudgingly voted for Trump, Clinton, or stayed home should be targeted.

I agree, and it is understandable, as I suspect their hindsight makes them think Bernie would have won (and I agree with them).  That said, the moderates are looking for somewhere to go.  With the Republicans drifting further to the right (from my perspective), the Democrats should try to pick a moderate ticket like that one, instead of drifting further left.  The people that held their nose and grudgingly voted for Trump, Clinton, or stayed home should be targeted.

I'm not sure that either party is necessarily going further left or right. I do, however, believe the far fringed ideologues of each side are becoming more vocal. For example, I have friends who are Trumpers that give me grief for writing in a candidate and the normal conversation is how I either wanted Clinton to win or wasted a vote because I didn't vote for a candidate on the ticket. I try to explain how I'm exercising the freedoms our country stand for, I'm free to vote how my conscience directs, not a choice of the "lesser of the evils". I hope moderates become more vocal and hopefully overwhelm the ideologues. 

Archived