Jake Pratt (my brother) invited to AU/Ole Miss Game

AubieAH3

18 hours ago, AubieAH3 said:

Thank you, everyone! Today was absolutely incredible. Jake was grinning ear to ear when we went back and met him and my parents after the game. I asked him what he would do if AU/Clemson end up in a rematch in the playoffs and he simply answered, "WAR EAGLE!" 

Mission accomplished!

On a side note, everyone was talking about Auburn's new program for students like Jake. It sounds like that announcement is imminent! Coach Pearl even asked Jake if he was interested in being the team manager for the basketball team!!!!

@AubieAH3

Please come back on here as soon as you know about the program Auburn implements and what it will be called and how one might donate to it...

...maybe they need to have a Jake Pratt Scholarship for him being instrumental in getting attention for the need of this type program at Auburn.   

12 minutes ago, JGLEATON said:

@AubieAH3

Please come back on here as soon as you know about the program Auburn implements and what it will be called and how one might donate to it...

...maybe they need to have a Jake Pratt Scholarship for him being instrumental in getting attention for the need of this type program at Auburn.   

I will definitely let you guys know. This has been in the works for quite a while, so Jake isn't the driving reason, but I sure am glad he is raising awareness and the understanding that these students are just like everyone else and are capable of so much! I also want everyone to know how hard Jake has worked for these opportunities. He is actually a member of the team. He did not just walk on the field for one night and get handed the football for show. He participates in every practice, doing all the drills, lifting weights, and running stadiums. He also works out extra at the YMCA. I have seen him drenched in sweat from head to toe from practice, and never once has he complained. One day, after a particularly tough practice, my dad said "Jake, is it too hard? Do you want to quit?" Jake responded, "I will never quit." I can't wait to see what he accomplishes in college and beyond. I'm so proud.

War Eagle Jake!! God Bless !!

On 10/1/2017 at 9:23 AM, AubieAH3 said:

My brother, Jake Pratt, is the football player from Vestavia Hills with Down Syndrome. My last post about him is in the Non-AU Sports forum on this site. He scored a TD a few weeks ago and it blew up on the Internet. He was invited as a recruit by Clemson to the Clemson/AU game.

Now, Auburn has reached out and invited him to the Ole Miss game Saturday! He will have sideline passes before the game and all that. He is so excited! My whole family is going and I'm hoping we can win him back to the good side lol. He loves Auburn, Bama (gag me), and Clemson, but Cam Newton is his favorite player of all time. 

On a side note, we are hearing that Auburn is very close to launching its program similar to Clemson Life. I hope that happens and Auburn becomes an option for him for his college experience!

I just wanted to share the great news. If you see Jake at the game Saturday, please say hi and give him a big WAR EAGLE!

You can check out my twitter: amy_lissa if you are interested in seeing more about Jake's story. Here is a great video summing up what has happened so far:

Cooler'n the other side of the pillow.

Cool.

Archived