Fire Gus tomorrow. Fire Jay Jacobs today!!

AUIH1

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

To a point, yes.  After the script, we relied on the wildcat way too much and We also abandoned the pass on 1st or 2nd down.  

Explain how the 1st play can be an out to Canolli and never see another out the rest of the game? 

Explain why we run two crosses, one for modest gain and a drop, yet never go back to it.

Explain why the only runs were inside zones...except a back sweep with a gimpy Pettway.

Explain why there was absolutely zero adjustments once LSU started keying on KJ.  

I actually have no problem with throwing the ball deep.. I have a problem with two runs up the middle then throwing it deep every...single....time....   And putting KJ in the Wildcat and making him fake an end around when everyone and my dog knows that KJ will keep it.. It took LSU a minute.. but they figured it out.. 

Running it up the middle 57 million times in a row on first down ... no.. we will trick them this time... This is nothing new. Gus has been doing ALL the above for his entire tenure as HC.. Nick Marshall was the best zone read QB and we rode him to the Natty... the tipped miracle pass in the UGA game and the kick 6 were lucky breaks to propel us to the NCG.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nate Craig-Myers, Kam Martin, Malik Miller & Marquis McClain,  must be extremely frustrated. They are never given an opportunity in meaningful games. Frustrating to see talent seemingly wasted.

21 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

It's not even showing up for me anymore so I haven't noticed. 

WFE12, I initially thought the same thing the aboves said, but then I thought maybe you kept it because it's definitely...clownish...today I am too frustrated to smile at it, but I am still pretty close...

:Sing:

1 hour ago, AUIH1 said:

Garner?  LOL.   Neither Kelly nor Petrino are can't miss.

wde

Offensively there are no better head coaches. 

Just now, War Knight said:

Thanks, I'd love to send a full one to the BoT

I'm all for it man. As frutstrating as it is for us fans my frustration grows by the minute thinking about what the players are enduring.

Just now, WFE12 said:

I'm all for it man. As frutstrating as it is for us fans my frustration grows by the minute thinking about what the players are enduring.

It wouldn't bother me so much if we didn't have the players we have. We legitimately have National Championship caliber players and we're going to waste their opportunity of being something special.

How long do we have to continue to watch this garbage?

I can take losses...I am enough of a AU fan that I can understand you simply just cannot win them all. But to watch, time after time after time after time after time, after TIME...this man give away games "coaching not to lose" is enough for me. It is very simple:

1. They scheme up 3-4 plays for each team (anyone notice the same Hastings post that worked against Ole Miss?) that they think will work, smatter them in with the only 5-6 we have...then, when the opposing defense adjusts...we come out and lose the 2nd half. EVERY, SINGLE, TIME!

2. We leave another "star" player in Auburn for another "issue between he and I"? A deep threat who could have made a difference? 

3. 17 straight 1st down runs with a leader in accuracy under center and one of the best couple of classes at WR????

I COULD go on and on...but my point is...the man simply is a deer in the headlights. All this talent...and no one to coach them. Worse halftime "adjustment" I have ever seen (not that he hasn't done this before!). So...

I, too, am done. I will not watch the embarrassment that will be the UGA and Bammer games...simply won't do it. I love those fellas out there laying it all on the line for the Orange and Blue...I truly do. I wish them all nothing but the best for them and their careers. But, I won't be in the stands, watching on TV, donating, or even discussing it anymore, as long as Gus Malzahn is the Head Coach of Auburn University. Period. 

Fire...Him...Now!

2 minutes ago, WarEagleJAL said:

How long do we have to continue to watch this garbage?

I can take losses...I am enough of a AU fan that I can understand you simply just cannot win them all. But to watch, time after time after time after time after time, after TIME...this man give away games "coaching not to lose" is enough for me. It is very simple:

1. They scheme up 3-4 plays for each team (anyone notice the same Hastings post that worked against Ole Miss?) that they think will work, smatter them in with the only 5-6 we have...then, when the opposing defense adjusts...we come out and lose the 2nd half. EVERY, SINGLE, TIME!

2. We leave another "star" player in Auburn for another "issue between he and I"? A deep threat who could have made a difference? 

3. 17 straight 1st down runs with a leader in accuracy under center and one of the best couple of classes at WR????

I COULD go on and on...but my point is...the man simply is a deer in the headlights. All this talent...and no one to coach them. Worse halftime "adjustment" I have ever seen (not that he hasn't done this before!). So...

I, too, am done. I will not watch the embarrassment that will be the UGA and Bammer games...simply won't do it. I love those fellas out there laying it all on the line for the Orange and Blue...I truly do. I wish them all nothing but the best for them and their careers. But, I won't be in the stands, watching on TV, donating, or even discussing it anymore, as long as Gus Malzahn is the Head Coach of Auburn University. Period. 

Fire...Him...Now!

But fire Jacobs first!

wde

2 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

It worked, no more Gus.  Thanks, no if we can get WDE to change his again.

His is appropriate.  Last I saw, it was the Gus breakdancing badly one.  It sickens me to see, but is also disturbingly prophetic.

1 minute ago, Strychnine said:

His is appropriate.  Last I saw, it was the Gus breakdancing badly one.  It sickens me to see, but is also disturbingly prophetic.

It is appropriate and, as you say, disturbing at the same time.

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2017/10/gus_malzahn_cant_save_jay_jaco.html#incart_river_index

According to Scarbinsky, Malzahn and Jacobs  are barely speaking.  I fine this interesting.  Trying to make sense of what this really means.  Which one will survive the axe?  Has anybody else heard anything about this?  Or is this just another al.com click bait piece?

21 minutes ago, WeagleAU said:

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2017/10/gus_malzahn_cant_save_jay_jaco.html#incart_river_index

According to Scarbinsky, Malzahn and Jacobs  are barely speaking.  I fine this interesting.  Trying to make sense of what this really means.  Which one will survive the axe?  Has anybody else heard anything about this?  Or is this just another al.com click bait piece?

It could be bait, but I wonder how much different Gus and our football program  would be if JJ and all the other meddlers were gone. 

Or maybe he’s pissed at JJ because issues in all these other AU areas are being exposed...AU has become a hot mess in so many ways. 

29 minutes ago, WeagleAU said:

I saw that as well and didn't think much of it.. Simply because JJ is incompetent as AD and he is a jerk! Probably trying to meddle in football program.. Gus needs someone to meddle but that someone is not JJ.. 

Fire them both.. tonight... get it over with. 

#hireheath

Gus is now 4-14 against Bama, UGA, LSU, Clemson, FSU, OU, and Wisconsin. Three of those four wins were 2014 or earlier. So from going 3-5 in his first two years against good teams (not spectacular) he is now 1-9. I’ll say this much I know many people didn’t appreciate old Tubs but he could win the big games. Was 9-6 vs top 15 teams and 5-2 vs top 5 teams. Also went 7-3 vs the turds with 5-5 against thuga and 5-5 against LSU. Wish we had some intestinal fortitude to win the big games again but with Gustavo it’s just a train wreck. I’m not saying I want Tubs back but I want someone who can coach a team well in big games and give us a fighting chance like he did. 

9 minutes ago, tbone1430 said:
Gus is now 4-14 against Bama, UGA, LSU, Clemson, FSU, OU, and Wisconsin. Three of those four wins were 2014 or earlier. So from going 3-5 in his first two years against good teams (not spectacular) he is now 1-9. I’ll say this much I know many people didn’t appreciate old Tubs but he could win the big games. Was 9-6 vs top 15 teams and 5-2 vs top 5 teams. Also went 7-3 vs the turds with 5-5 against thuga and 5-5 against LSU. Wish we had some intestinal fortitude to win the big games again but with Gustavo it’s just a train wreck. I’m not saying I want Tubs back but I want someone who can coach a team well in big games and give us a fighting chance like he did. 

here. here.

7 hours ago, aucom96 said:

The good ol boys would hire another just as bad, because they want their fingers in the pie. You have to hire a professional and let them control their team. That won't happen at Auburn.

Sad but true.

Archived