Fire Gus tomorrow. Fire Jay Jacobs today!!

AUIH1

Just now, AUIH1 said:

LOL, you need to quit hand jobbing Jay Jacobs.  He needs to go before we hire a new HC. 

Do you think Jay Jacobs should be allowed to hire the next HC?

wde

Do you actually believe he will?  Serious  question. 

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Jay Jacobs will continue to suck off of the AU tit as long as he can in the name of family.

wde

33 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Agree, but you forgot the five dropped passes in the second half. Then of course there was the punt return for a touchdown, then the fourth and 1 pun for about 20 yards. 

Yeah true. I am frustrated. How many of those drops came in the 1st half? If the coach relaxes, the players will follow. If Gus needs to keep the WRs focus. He was too busy calling plays. Yapping in his head set. Kodi seems to be cool with recruits but he needs help getting most out of receivers. Why try pettway, when he can’t make cuts like KJ. Should of went with a DB. Or run something on the outside with KM. Where is the slants, curls, and outs? Use the TE in the passing game. 

There are no " can't miss " coaches out there. Unless you get Kelly or petrino. I do wonder if they ran Gus out tonight and named Garner he and gave Chip 100% control of offense,, would we see a difference? 

34 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

chip kelly? u joke right? He is the last one I would put in. Auburn never fires a coach during the year..

Absolutely not

1 minute ago, Jayee165 said:

Yeah true. I am frustrated. How many of those drops came in the 1st half? If the coach relaxes, the players will follow. If Gus needs to keep the WRs focus. He was too busy calling plays. Yapping in his head set. Kodi seems to be cool with recruits but he needs help getting most out of receivers. Why try pettway, when he can’t make cuts like KJ. Should of went with a DB. Or run something on the outside with KM. Where is the slants, curls, and outs? Use the TE in the passing game. 

Agree with most everything you said. We don’t have a good quality TE. 

Also need to throw to some backs out of the backfield more, but the season is just about finished, will see if Gus survives. 

4 minutes ago, FoundationEagle said:

That's not an answer. The question remains 

Yes. Because JJ is part of the GOB system that you support.

wde

1 hour ago, aucom96 said:

The good ol boys would hire another just as bad, because they want their fingers in the pie. You have to hire a professional and let them control their team. That won't happen at Auburn.

This

1 minute ago, AUIH1 said:

Yes. Because JJ is part of the GOB system that you support.

wde

Lmfao. That I support?  I've been calling for changes in the PTB all along. JJ is only their puppet. If I thought they would hire someone who would stand up to them Id be all for it. They won't. They are the problem. JJ is not a great AD. What he has done under their thumb is about as good as you are going to get unless they change their philosophy (which likely isnt happening). Fire him and you'll get another just like him (remember Housel? Same exact thing). You can fire JJ, but odds are it won't get better. Again there are plenty out there better than him, but the PTB will NOT hire them

Oh, and he won't be making the decision of who the next HC is

4 minutes ago, FoundationEagle said:

Not sold on Kelley, but his play calling would be an upgrade. Keep Steele on staff with Chip and we would better than we are now atleast

Steele wetting the bed after a 20 point lead is a big reason we lost this game.

wde

1 minute ago, FoundationEagle said:

Lmfao. That I support?  I've been calling for changes in the PTB all along. JJ is only their puppet. If I thought they would hire someone who would stand up to them Id be all for it. They won't. They are the problem. JJ is not a great AD. What he has done under their thumb is about as good as you are going to get unless they change their philosophy (which likely isnt happening). Fire him and you'll get another just like him (remember Housel? Same exact thing). You can fire JJ, but odds are it won't get better. Again there are plenty out there better than him, but the PTB will NOT hire them

Oh, and he won't be making the decision of who the next HC is

So you agree Jay Jacobs is incompetent, should have never been hired and should be fired if AU athletics can move forward?

wde

Just now, AUIH1 said:

Steele wetting the bed after a 20 point lead is a big reason we lost this game.

wde

Refusing to keep attacking is what kept giving LSU confidence. The D struggled but they are better than the O and good enough to win with a real playcaller on O IMO. 

Just now, FoundationEagle said:

Refusing to keep attacking is what kept giving LSU confidence. The D struggled but they are better than the O and good enough to win with a real playcaller on O IMO. 

Agree somewhat. The D did not struggle, the D collapsed in crucial situations.

wde

Just now, AUIH1 said:

So you agree Jay Jacobs is incompetent, should have never been hired and should be fired if AU athletics can move forward?

wde

He's not incompetent but there definitely should have been someone better hired yes. However, firing him won't move the AU athletics forward IMO because the same people that hired him and David Housel will hire the next one and they will hire the next football coach regardless of who they put in AD. 

10 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Agree with most everything you said. We don’t have a good quality TE. 

Also need to throw to some backs out of the backfield more, but the season is just about finished, will see if Gus survives. 

Is it having a quality TE or the TE hasn’t been given a chance to prove itself? I think Harris can be a good player if used. I’m not an expert but I know it’s more to football than up middle and deep.

1 hour ago, aucom96 said:

The good ol boys would hire another just as bad, because they want their fingers in the pie. You have to hire a professional and let them control their team. That won't happen at Auburn.

Yeah I sorely wish we took Kirby looking back. He’s made Georgia into a powerhouse for the future.   Unless we make a miraculous hire, he’ll be kicking our ass along with his father in Tuscaloosa for a while

5 minutes ago, FoundationEagle said:

He's not incompetent but there definitely should have been someone better hired yes. However, firing him won't move the AU athletics forward IMO because the same people that hired him and David Housel will hire the next one and they will hire the next football coach regardless of who they put in AD. 

Yes he is incompetent and just wait until the women's basketball stuff comes out and you will understand that your hero is a total screw up in all aspects of AU athletics.

1 minute ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Yeah I sorely wish we took Kirby looking back. He’s made Georgia into a powerhouse for the future.   Unless we make a miraculous hire, he’ll be kicking our ass along with his father in Tuscaloosa for a while

This is true.

wde

We have the most intrusive board, and Pat Dye’s random Tourette’s-esque rants are a public example of how little control you will have as Auburn coach. It’s no wonder no one would want to be our AD even if we fired Jacobs 

17 minutes ago, FoundationEagle said:

Not sold on Kelley, but his play calling would be an upgrade. Keep Steele on staff with Chip and we would better than we are now atleast

Show Gus the door. Do not name a head coach. Let Steele run the defense and Chip the offense.. Just get Gus out of the picture. 

21 minutes ago, alexava said:

There are no " can't miss " coaches out there. Unless you get Kelly or petrino. I do wonder if they ran Gus out tonight and named Garner he and gave Chip 100% control of offense,, would we see a difference? 

Garner?  LOL.   Neither Kelly nor Petrino are can't miss.

wde

Hey guys lets step off the ledge...

1. Gus just needs more time to develop his offense.  Five year's is just not enough time. 

2.  Everyone loses in Baton Rouge. (don't pay attention to that Troy game).

3.  We beat Mizzou, MSU and Ole Miss!!!!

4.  Winning isn't everything.  Us message board negative nancys need to get a life.

5.  Who would we get thats any better??

6.  Injuries

7.  Intermediate pass routes are for wussies. 

8.  Running up the middle is ol fashioned smash mouth football.  

9.  Gus is a great guy. 

10.  Local Auburn Waffle House would suffer if we let him go. 

Archived