Fire Gus tomorrow. Fire Jay Jacobs today!!

AUIH1

Those with profile pictures of Gus on this website I urge you to change them please. I cannot stand the sight of seeing him anymore. They made clown shirts for Jacobs... now it's time for students and fans to rise up and take a stand against Gus. This man has screwed us countless times and those that are in AU I urge you to please take a stand. I would if I was on campus. I don't care how nice his wife is and I don't care how nice he is...It's been time for him to leave! They will have no choice but to fire him but at this rate he's staying until the end of the season. Soft and weak freaking mentality! People need to be at Jacob's door tomorrow. I've never done this but I'm really actually putting the thought in my head to not watch anymore games. This once again ruined the whole cfb season for me. All these months we waited thinking that things would change and they haven't. Idk why I let the thought of playoffs cross my mind! Btw Bammer's gonna win another NC while we sit on the outskirts of it all. No telling what we could have accomplished with a competent coach. There's no defending this at all....Try all you want to! Save your breath!

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, bigbird said:

IMO, I am typically a balanced and, for the most part, objective person when critiquing AU performances. That said, this was the Most pathetic offensive showing I've seen...and it is 100% on the coaches.  The worst part was even when they saw it wasn't working, they refused to, or were incapable to adjust. This was worse than the whirleybird at Clemson and even worse than UGA last year.  We will get absolutely curb stomped again this year by UGA and UA.

Birdman, I have mostly sat by the wayside reading posts for the past few weeks without comment. I just couldn't drink the kool-aid I saw so many get tricked into drinking. We made hay against substandard opponents and today LSU just wanted it more and ,as you correctly assessed, our staff didn't enable the players to compete. I was appalled when I saw us put in Kam and run a stretch play to the boundary. He's coming off an ankle injury that interferes with the ability to plant and cut plus he's our slowest back. Then on the last series it's Devan Barrett,almost never used freshman.Who makes these decisions? The obsession with 'explosive ' pass plays to the detriment of a well thought out scheme is too much to stomach....

1 hour ago, AU Counsel said:

Lack of manhood and the fact that Gus is an idiot.  The man's brain and bits have both shriveled to small raisins.

It doesn't take much sense to figure that constant runs up the middle and poorly designed route trees in deep passes into double coverage can't make up 90% of the 2nd half play calling if you want to win.  Our receivers dropped balls and Darius James does not need to be 1st or 2nd string without a blocking back to help him, but this is a complete fiasco.

Your assessment of our rt. tackle is spot on...but the root lies with the position coach...HERB HAND

Gus just said in the post game that It is not the end of the world, and they still control their own destiny.  What destiny is that?

1 minute ago, WeagleAU said:

Gus just said in the post game that It is not the end of the world, and they still control their own destiny.  What destiny is that?

He's destined to get fired.

Unfortunately we have to deal with his garbage for the rest of the year. 

9 minutes ago, 1913-14 said:

Birdman, I have mostly sat by the wayside reading posts for the past few weeks without comment. I just couldn't drink the kool-aid I saw so many get tricked into drinking. We made hay against substandard opponents and today LSU just wanted it more and ,as you correctly assessed, our staff didn't enable the players to compete. I was appalled when I saw us put in Kam and run a stretch play to the boundary. He's coming off an ankle injury that interferes with the ability to plant and cut plus he's our slowest back. Then on the last series it's Devan Barrett,almost never used freshman.Who makes these decisions? The obsession with 'explosive ' pass plays to the detriment of a well thought out scheme is too much to stomach....

I said the exact thing about KP in the game thread. Ridiculous.

You mean the same Devin Barrett that runs only one single play when he is in the game? Hmmm weird...I wonder what play they will run.

I was with you in the hesitation, because I knew/know what we play like against a D with talent.

Our O is absolutely risldiculous. It is worse than a middle school offense. You know, run left, run right, run inside, throw it deep. Life as an opposing DC has to be easy during game week against us. Its either inside zone with KJ, wildcat with KJ, or deep pass. That's it. There is not any other semblance of an offense.  The worst part, its the exact same offense Gus was running three years ago. The CL hire was a smoke screen. 

4 minutes ago, bigbird said:

You mean the same Devin Barrett that runs only one single play when he is in the game? Hmmm weird...I wonder what play they will run.

I was with you in the hesitation, because I knew/know what we play like against a D with talent.

Our O is absolutely risldiculous. It is worse than a middle school offense. You know, run left, run right, run inside, throw it deep. Life as an opposing DC has to be easy during game week against us. Its either inside zone with KJ, wildcat with KJ, or deep pass. That's it. There is not any other semblance of an offense.  The worst part, its the exact same offense Gus was running three years ago. The CL hire was a smoke screen. 

You don't think we looked good in the first quarter? Serious question - you know more about these things than I do.

18 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Those with profile pictures of Gus on this website I urge you to change them please. I cannot stand the sight of seeing him anymore. They made clown shirts for Jacobs... now it's time for students and fans to rise up and take a stand against Gus. This man has screwed us countless times and those that are in AU I urge you to please take a stand. I would if I was on campus. I don't care how nice his wife is and I don't care how nice he is...It's been time for him to leave! They will have no choice but to fire him but at this rate he's staying until the end of the season. Soft and weak freaking mentality! People need to be at Jacob's door tomorrow. I've never done this but I'm really actually putting the thought in my head to not watch anymore games. This once again ruined the whole cfb season for me. All these months we waited thinking that things would change and they haven't. Idk why I let the thought of playoffs cross my mind! Btw Bammer's gonna win another NC while we sit on the outskirts of it all. No telling what we could have accomplished with a competent coach. There's no defending this at all....Try all you want to! Save your breath!

Uh, have you looked at your sig lately? LOL

19 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

I expect your sig gif to be changed within 30 mins.

7 minutes ago, bigbird said:

WE ARE IN TOTAL AGREEMENT...

3 minutes ago, Farmer Brown said:

Uh, have you looked at your sig lately? LOL

It's not even showing up for me anymore so I haven't noticed. 

4 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I expect your sig gif to be changed within 30 mins.

They don't even show anymore for anybody for me. I would have gotten rid of it a long time ago

3 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

You don't think we looked good in the first quarter? Serious question - you know more about these things than I do.

To a point, yes.  After the script, we relied on the wildcat way too much and We also abandoned the pass on 1st or 2nd down.  

Explain how the 1st play can be an out to Canolli and never see another out the rest of the game? 

Explain why we run two crosses, one for modest gain and a drop, yet never go back to it.

Explain why the only runs were inside zones...except a back sweep with a gimpy Pettway.

Explain why there was absolutely zero adjustments once LSU started keying on KJ.  

39 minutes ago, Jayee165 said:

Is it having a quality TE or the TE hasn’t been given a chance to prove itself? I think Harris can be a good player if used. I’m not an expert but I know it’s more to football than up middle and deep.

It is baffling to say the least and plenty of blame to go around.

Just now, bigbird said:

To a point, yes.  After the script, we relied on the wildcat way too much and We also abandoned the pass on 1st or 2nd down.  

Explain how the 1st play can be an out to Canolli and never see another out the rest of the game? 

Explain why we run two crosses, one for modest gain and a drop, yet never go back to it.

Explain why the only runs were inside zones...except a back sweep with a gimpy Pettway.

Explain why there was absolutely zero adjustments once LSU started keying on KJ.  

I will explain, Bird. We have a high school coach who cannot make adjustments.

Just now, Farmer Brown said:

IT has Gus with the percussion thingys.

Yeah just changed it...hopefully it's not showing anymore. I thought they had gotten rid of signatures with the new update to the site

Just now, bigbird said:

LSU flat out put another man in the box most of the 2nd quarter-on and how did we adjust?  Right, we didn't!

1 minute ago, WFE12 said:

Yeah just changed it...hopefully it's not showing anymore. I thought they had gotten rid of signatures with the new update to the site

I will be honest. I never liked Gus Malzahn. Cam Newton and Nick Marshall made him a millionaire. They took his lemons and made lemonade.  I can't stand to hear him talk.

Just now, WFE12 said:

It worked, no more Gus.  Thanks, no if we can get WDE to change his again.

1 minute ago, Farmer Brown said:

I will be honest. I never liked Gus Malzahn. Cam Newton and Nick Marshall made him a millionaire. They took his lemons and made lemonade.

True and True!

1 hour ago, aucom96 said:

The good ol boys would hire another just as bad, because they want their fingers in the pie. You have to hire a professional and let them control their team. That won't happen at Auburn.

THIS! 

Just now, bigbird said:

:dunno:, I can't. 

But, it appears - at least going off the script that we can at least put something successful together. Except that Gus doesn't show that he knows why the successful plays are successful or why the unsuccessful plays aren't working. 

He's a damn paranoid schizophrenic.

3 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

:dunno:, I can't. 

But, it appears - at least going off the script that we can at least put something successful together. Except that Gus doesn't show that he knows why the successful plays are successful or why the unsuccessful plays aren't working. 

He's a damn paranoid schizophrenic.

Its like Gus has to continually try and prove his O will work no matter the evidence to the contrary and no matter the outcome.

Archived