NBA Thread

aujeff11

19 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Ridiculous

I am happy he gets reunited with Harden.  That’s is a great situation for him.  So sad to see Russ leave, but at the same time I am excited to see him get a great shot at winning it all.  Bittersweet right now.  ThunderUp and Go Rockets!

Edited by abw0004
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I am happy he gets reunited with Harden.  That’s is a great situation for him.  So sad to see Russ leave, but at the same time I am excited to see him get a great shot at winning it all.  Bittersweet right now.  ThunderUp and Go Rockets!

Sorry to break it to you bud but this is gonna be a disaster. They are in a worst spot than they would have been with CP. This is gonna really test their friendship. Harden complained about CP not letting him just playmake imagine Russ doing it. Not having him on OKC is gonna look so wrong though. Their friendship aside, this is the worst pairing for Harden possible.

The NBA is a joke now. No more Kobe’s, Dirk’s, and Tim Duncan’s. 

Just super stars looking for a better spot to play with their friends for a while. 

• Love 1

OKC has now lost Harden..Durant.. George and Westbrook. Would staying in Seattle have made any difference for this franchise? It's gotta get old drafting and developing talented players only to see them leave for(perceived) greener pastures. How can New Orleans get too excited about Zion when he's probably already talking to his crew about where they'll team up as soon as his contract expires? I just see no future for the small market or undesirable location teams.

Waiting for G Mac to tell me I'm crazy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Dude has to retire a Thunder, no way around it.

Edited by WFE12
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, CR said:

OKC has now lost Harden..Durant.. George and Westbrook. Would staying in Seattle have made any difference for this franchise? It's gotta get old drafting and developing talented players only to see them leave for(perceived) greener pastures. How can New Orleans get too excited about Zion when he's probably already talking to his crew about where they'll team up as soon as his contract expires? I just see no future for the small market or undesirable location teams.

It's a little more complicated than that.  Harden was traded when Harden did not want to leave.  I agree on Durant, but he just wanted an easy ring.  PG13 was also a little weird when just last year he told everyone "In case you haven't heard, I'm here to stay."  Westbrook I think wanted out because of where he is in his career and didn't want to rebuild a third time.  I get that.  This was a mutual understanding, but heartbreaking for both sides.  OKC is a small market, but different in the fact in how much the whole state loves the Thunder.  They ride or die with that team.  It also helps they have big money willing to pay the luxury tax to get big players.

• Thanks 1

On 7/11/2019 at 10:35 PM, CR said:

Harden and Westbrook had no intention of ever leaving. Like ABW said if they would of just not been so damn afraid to go in to the luxury tax and pay that extra 4 million he wanted for his new contract all of this would of probaly been avoided and they would of had at least 1 ring by now if not more. It was a domino effect. Not paying Harden set off all of these series of domino's that led to all of these people leaving. Though I will admit it worked out perfectly for Harden. Would he of ever won a MVP or led the league multiple years in scoring if he stayed with OKC? heck no. So for his own personal brand he flourished. But as far as OKC went? Yah it started a slow roll downhill. 

I will say I do not think Giannis leaves MIL and I do not think he leaves when he hits FA in 2 years. Also Do not forget Dolla Dame lillard. He just re upped again in Portland. I would be shocked in 2 years if Giannis  goes somewhere else. Though I would be pissed if I were him they did not pay Brogdon. They chose to pay a old and aging Brook Lopez over 26 year old 3 and D Brogdon. That was not smart at all. Bledsoe has been a disaster in the playoffs so they essentially chose him over Brogdon when they decided to extend Bledsoe early.

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 1

LOL this is going to be so entertaining to watch them fight over who gets to pound the rock to go iso every night at will.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

LOL this is going to be so entertaining to watch them fight over who gets to pound the rock to go iso every night at will.

I could actually see it go really well with a pick and pop, or Russ driving and kicking it to Harden for an open three.  Many forget these two are best friends so they will find a way to work together.  Done it before.

5 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I could actually see it go really well with a pick and pop, or Russ driving and kicking it to Harden for an open three.  Many forget these two are best friends so they will find a way to work together.  Done it before.

That just does not fit my narrative and does not sound as fun! I like my version better! lol. But nah seriously they both want to do the same thing. They want want to have the ball in their hands at all times. This is not a good fit. Like at all. It will be a my turn, your turn kind of thing. Kinda like 2011 Heat with Wade and LeBron. 1 has to be the alpha and 1 has to step back. The heat did not work till that summer when Wade told Bron this is your team and stepped back to a co star role.

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 1

This is being massively under reported!!! Everyone forgets CP3 literally started his career in OKC!!!! THIS IS A EMOTIONAL HOMECOMING!!!!!!!! The prodigal son has returned! lol

trtr.jpg

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

This is being massively under reported!!! Everyone forgets CP3 literally started his career in OKC!!!! THIS IS A EMOTIONAL HOMECOMING!!!!!!!! The prodigal son has returned! lol

trtr.jpg

🤔 I thought he started out in New Orleans for the hornet pelicans 

Okay, I just read where because of Katrina the NO hornets played a large number of games in OKC. I suppose the Sonics relocated after that.