NBA Thread

aujeff11

• Love 1

55 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

They really are blowing everything up to shreds.  Grant is going to be an All-Star player and we let him go.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

They really are blowing everything up to shreds.  Grant is going to be an All-Star player and we let him go.

I hope you at least get 1 more season with the Brodie. Or at least half of a season. 

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 1

https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/LAL/2004.html

The current Lakers roster reminds somewhat of this classic zero title roster. I will give the current iteration the nod to be younger and of course more athletic but...

2 hours ago, aubearcat said:

https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/LAL/2004.html

The current Lakers roster reminds somewhat of this classic zero title roster. I will give the current iteration the nod to be younger and of course more athletic but...

lol what? How? This team is not anywhere close to that team. DO they have a 40 year old Karl Malone starting for them? This laker team only has 2 stars and 2 big names. A more apt comparison for that laker team would be the Kobe, Steve Nash, Dwight and Pau Gasol Laker team from 2013. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

lol what? How? This team is not anywhere close to that team. DO they have a 40 year old Karl Malone starting for them? This laker team only has 2 stars and 2 big names. A more apt comparison for that laker team would be the Kobe, Steve Nash, Dwight and Pau Gasol Laker team from 2013. 

I’m making the comparison of attempting to get big names in order to win a championship that I don’t think is going to work out. 

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

Which that 2013 season ended with a fired coach, mediocre record, and no championship. 

11 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

Which that 2013 season ended with a fired coach, mediocre record, and no championship. 

11 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

They only have 2 big names and a much younger team than those 2 teams. 2004 lakers get crapped on to much. They all say that "failed" but I mean they still made the finals. They just ran in to a team with 5 super solid starters and no weaknesses in the starting 5 who also had a good bench. 04 lakers were imploding all year but talent alone allowed them to make the finals. 2013 was a disaster in every shape form and fashion.

I think this year Lakers team can make the 2nd round of the playoffs for sure! And start to lay the foundation for improvement. NEXT years team though is where they can get even better because they can use their full mid level exception which is about 10 mill per year and may be even more next season to get another high quality role player. They got good 3 point shooting and some good defenders. I think they can make the 2021 Western conference finals. But back to this years team I really liked how they filled out their roster around Bron and AD. Especially when most of the top tier role players besides Danny Green were already signed up. I think the only player they over paid on was KCP. The rest of the signings made sense basketball wise and financially.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

They only have 2 big names and a much younger team than those 2 teams. 2004 lakers get crapped on to much. They all say that "failed" but I mean they still made the finals. They just ran in to a team with 5 super solid starters and no weaknesses in the starting 5 who also had a good bench. 04 lakers were imploding all year but talent alone allowed them to make the finals. 2013 was a disaster in every shape form and fashion.

I think this year Lakers team can make the 2nd round of the playoffs for sure! And start to lay the foundation for improvement. NEXT years team though is where they can get even better because they can use their full mid level exception which is about 10 mill per year and may be even more next season to get another high quality role player. They got good 3 point shooting and some good defenders. I think they can make the 2021 Western conference finals. But back to this years team I really liked how they filled out their roster around Bron and AD. Especially when most of the top tier role players besides Danny Green were already signed up. I think the only player they over paid on was KCP. The rest of the signings made sense basketball wise and financially.

I said in an earlier post that I thought they’d be improved. I think they’ll definitely be a playoff team but I think they’re really far behind (now) the Clippers, Nuggets, Blazers, and Jazz. Once they’re ready to start challenging those teams, the Mavericks will probably be well in the mix and Bron will really be in the twilight of his career. 

3 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

I said in an earlier post that I thought they’d be improved. I think they’ll definitely be a playoff team but I think they’re really far behind (now) the Clippers, Nuggets, Blazers, and Jazz. Once they’re ready to start challenging those teams, the Mavericks will probably be well in the mix and Bron will really be in the twilight of his career. 

I do not think LBJ wins another ring in his career but the last few years of his career will not mirror last season. Last season was a disaster and they basically just punted on the season with the horrible signings they had once they did not get Paul George. NO 3 point shooters whatsoever which has long been what to surround LeBron with.

People really underrate the Jazz. No superstar but man they got a solid AF starting 5. I think them or the nuggets will have the 1 seed in the west next season. Clips will win the west but they won't the best regular season record because Kawhi will miss 15-20 games again and Paul George is already going to miss the first couple of weeks of the season because he had offseason shoulder surgery on both shoulders.

• Like 1

lol what?! his fitness? He looked fine last year to me. Seems like they just want to back out of this deal.

Edited by GwillMac6

16 hours ago, WFE12 said:

IMG_1927.JPG

Honestly that is what hurts the most.  I always saw him spending his entire career in OKC.  He never quit.  No matter the score.  If Westbrook wants out I understand and support him, but it still really sucks.  The Thunder will forever change if he leaves.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

All jokes aside I really wish that this had worked. I thought Russ finally found his partner. Somebody who would ride for him and would not have the big ego. I was so excited when pg went there. This game had me so hyped especially when Russ hit that last 3 for pg's trip dub.

💚 33