NBA Thread

aujeff11

Yeah, that's one I'd have to go frame by frame. It does look like straight wizardry, though.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Good gosh Kessler!!!

Screenshot_20230116-173850.png

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

Does anybody else sitaround and think of random NBA stuff? Stuff like what if kyrie was still on a Boston team with Jason Tatum and jaylon Brown 😱

Or what if Jimmy Butler had stayed with embid?

Stuff would be crazy

Even Auburn stuff. What if scoot had played for Auburn last year?

Big "what if" for me is Len Bias' death right after the '86 draft. Celtics were coming off of an NBA title, and their '86 team was the best one of their three title teams in the 80s (lost one home game all season, including the playoffs...50-1). Celtics had the #2 pick, and Bias was going to be the next star to be their bridge to potentially maintaining their dominance past Bird-Parish-McHale.

Once the Celtics ran out of steam in '88, they had a long stretch of not doing much until their '08 title. 

• Like 1

On 1/30/2023 at 8:44 PM, cole256 said:

Can't stop thinking about that one myself. I want a basketball ship more than football.lol

• 3 weeks later...

Man I am really rooting for the Clippers to win it all now.  I got tired of Westbrook being the scapegoat for the Lakers being so terrible.  Him reuniting with PGIII will be fun to watch.  Everyone needs to remain healthy though.

May be an image of 3 people

Oh and OKC might actually be in the playoffs again which is exciting. 

• 4 weeks later...

Gotta love it.  After Jabari hit game winner tonight. 

• Like 1

@GwillMac6   I never like my Celtics to lose but if they are going to then I'm glad our boy Kessler played a part. Game ending block on Grant Williams. 

• Love 2

1 minute ago, gr82be said:

@GwillMac6   I never like my Celtics to lose but if they are going to then I'm glad our boy Kessler played a part. Game ending block on Grant Williams. 

He’s def going to finish 2nd in rookie of the year voting!! He’s been so consistent!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I was googling on Kessler and Smith and found the below Article on Top NBA Rookies. According to this article Jabari Smith is number 7 and Kessler is number 3.

https://sportsnaut.com/nba-rookie-of-the-year-candidates/

I keep looking for the Poster who commented on one of the Topics on Smith and Kessler where he said Kessler would be a flop. I would love to ask him if he is ready to eat crow.

I do have to admit while I thought Kessler would be an ok NBA player he is surpassing what I expected.

Edited by AuburnNTexas
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Some of my old posts that I think are aging well. 

Steph is just as good as whoever you will say is the best in the NBA. LeBron, KD, whoever. He's not a lower tier. He effects the game just as much if not more than those guys. If he didn't score one point he made everybody on his team better and job easier just by walking on to the floor. And the way kd seamlessly joined Golden State is a testament to him as well. We have now seen many teams not be able to get in sync with added talent. 

Ja Morant is going to be a star. 

Lamello will be a star. 

And Zach Levine is much better than anybody thinks. He's a legit franchise player. 

• Like 1

On 1/30/2023 at 5:44 PM, cole256 said:

Does anybody else sitaround and think of random NBA stuff? Stuff like what if kyrie was still on a Boston team with Jason Tatum and jaylon Brown 😱

Or what if Jimmy Butler had stayed with embid?

Stuff would be crazy

all big what if's. I've heard Bill Simmons discuss the Kyrie what if on his pod, but some of the AU what if's if Sharife had stayed with Walker & Jabari, that team would have been insane. 

3 hours ago, cole256 said:

Some of my old posts that I think are aging well. 

Steph is just as good as whoever you will say is the best in the NBA. LeBron, KD, whoever. He's not a lower tier. He effects the game just as much if not more than those guys. If he didn't score one point he made everybody on his team better and job easier just by walking on to the floor. And the way kd seamlessly joined Golden State is a testament to him as well. We have now seen many teams not be able to get in sync with added talent. 

Ja Morant is going to be a star. 

Lamello will be a star. 

And Zach Levine is much better than anybody thinks. He's a legit franchise player. 

It's crazy to look how much things have changed since the beginning of last year re: how people feel about Luka, Ja, and Trae.

I still think Luka and Ja will be hall of famers, but if Luka stays in Dallas will he ever win a championship? Their team couldn't make the play in, they will may lose Kyrie and they have very few assets or flexibility to bring in new blood for the next 2-3 years.

And I don't know what I'd do with Trae if I were Atlanta, but going all in on another guard didn't make them better and makes it so much more difficult to improve that team. 

And Steph is phenomenal. Who knows what will happen in the playoffs given his team's chemistry, but he's looking as good if not better than last year. 

Edited by HAPvsOA
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

That man curry is just different....people won't appreciate just how great he truly is until he's gone because there won't be any replacing him

On 4/24/2023 at 11:14 PM, AUBwins said:

@cole256Filthy!!! How did he get that off? 

Sorry I missed this! I can't see a video though, it's just a blank space

Hope Lakers-Warriors lives up to the hype, because there is going to be a lot of it. Got a feeling the winner of this series is going to complete a 1995 Rockets-like run to a title.

3 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Sorry I missed this! I can't see a video though, it's just a blank space

Well dang.  I think it was Ja Morants drive through the lane at the buzzer to tie or win recently. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Well dang.  I think it was Ja Morants drive through the lane at the buzzer to tie or win recently. 

Did you see this 50 piece in game 7? It was one of the best games just as far as competition what's at stake I've had the pleasure of seeing

3 hours ago, cole256 said:

Did you see this 50 piece in game 7? It was one of the best games just as far as competition what's at stake I've had the pleasure of seeing

I started to watch a little of it but the girls wanted to watch something else.  Unreal though.

• 2 weeks later...