NBA Thread

aujeff11

13 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

he is a  MOVIE STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR!!!!!!!

A monstaaaaaaaaaaar!!!!!!

15 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

I’ve been looking at some back and forth from Celtic and Pelican bloggers on the twitters. From what they’re saying, NO would want both Tatum and Brown, as well as the Memphis pick. Surely, even as good as AD is, there’s no way Boston makes that deal. I think they can use the picks to continue to build or make a play on another player. That package is way too expensive. 

Plus, NO would have to wait until the offseason to make the deal because of Kyrie. 

5 hours ago, aubearcat said:

I’ve been looking at some back and forth from Celtic and Pelican bloggers on the twitters. From what they’re saying, NO would want both Tatum and Brown, as well as the Memphis pick. Surely, even as good as AD is, there’s no way Boston makes that deal. I think they can use the picks to continue to build or make a play on another player. That package is way too expensive. 

That is about what it will cost for AD.  Same asking price for the Lakers too.  I personally think AD is worth it.  He took the Warriors to some close games in the playoffs last year, by himself.  Unselfish guy, great teammate.  I wish OKC could land him personally as he and Westbrook are close but there is no deal I would see Presti (OKC GM/wizard) being willing to make.

6 hours ago, aubearcat said:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW. Wait you seriously would not do that deal for Anthony Freaking Davis!?!??! This is exactly the type of player that you cash in all those assets that Ainge has built up for!!! He is the third most talented player in the NBA. He is a freaking stud. He would take the celtics to another level next season. I really only see it as yall losing Tatum and a pick. Brown is aight. He is nothing special though.

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW. Wait you seriously would not do that deal for Anthony Freaking Davis!?!??! This is exactly the type of player that you cash in all those assets that Ainge has built up for!!! He is the third most talented player in the NBA. He is a freaking stud. He would take the celtics to another level next season. I really only see it as yall losing Tatum and a pick. Brown is aight. He is nothing special though.

Who’s going to be paired with him other than Kyrie? The good wing players are now in NO.  I think Tatum has the chance to be a top 10 type player. An inside out wing. I’d be more willing to give up Brown and Hayward but to give up two really good, young guys and probably a top 5-8 draft pick, it just seems to be too much even as good as Davis is. 

Edited by aubearcat

6 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Here we go again..

For real. This is the kind of thing that makes the league less interesting. And it really doesn’t have anything to do with Kyrie leaving Boston. It’s more about 75-85% of the league’s best players being on about 3-5 teams. 

AD has been fined 50,000. New commish being tuff guy for once after seeing ratings drop.

Edited by aujeff11

1 hour ago, aubearcat said:

For real. This is the kind of thing that makes the league less interesting. And it really doesn’t have anything to do with Kyrie leaving Boston. It’s more about 75-85% of the league’s best players being on about 3-5 teams. 

This is a myth. Lets go through the league. LeBron is the only top 50 player on the Lakers. The Warriors are really the only team that has the deck stacked for them right now. I guess a argument can be made for the Sixers as well. They have 2 top 5 players and another top 20-25 player depending on where you put Klay. Draymond IDK where you would even put him now. Kawhi and Giannis are the only top 25 players on their teams and those teams both have had a great season. Kyrie is the only top 25 player on the Celtics. Dipo was the only top guy on the Pacers before he got hurt and they were having a memorable season. Sixers yah they have 3 stars. Nuggets have only 1 top tier star and they are having their best season in ages. Blazers have 1 main star and 1 mini star. Spurs only have 2 mini stars in Derozen and Aldridge and a bunch of role players. Thunder have 2 top guys. Rockets have the MVP and a guy in capela who is a rising star. Who knows with cp3. He is not getting any younger and keeps getting hurt and they played a lot better without him this season than they did with him. 

Before Dipo got hurt you had 5 legit teams in the East who you could see coming out of the east. Only the Sixers have more than 1 legitimate star on said team. In the West outside of the Warriors you only got the Thunder with 2 bonafide stars depending on where you have CJ McCollum in your player rankings. Like I have said time and time again the NBA has never been this deep and flushed with talent. Because of the Warriors dominance people think it is top heavy when that is not the case. They just obviously have the most talent. If KD were to leave the Warriors this off season it is wide open for anyone to win a title going forward. 

I have NO CLUE why people are bitching so much about the NBA. Are you kidding me right now? In the 90's the Bulls won 6 titles and yet everyone loved that crap. No one is more glorified than the 90s bulls. No NBA team had more fans for a time period than those teams. The Lakers won 5 titles in the 80's and the Celtics won 3. Parity my ass. I hate this myth of people acting like the NBA was so much better back then and talent was just so spread out. In the 90s THERE WAS NO TALENT TO SPREAD OUT. It was a garbage league. Yah the 80s were loaded with talent but the same 2 teams were winning the titles. Celtics had 4 all stars on a team and the Lakers had 2 top 5 players in Kareem and Magic along with at different points during their run Jamaal Wilkes, Norm Nixon and Worthy who all were all stars. 

Edited by GwillMac6

11 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

This is a myth. Lets go through the league. LeBron is the only top 50 player on the Lakers. The Warriors are really the only team that has the deck stacked for them right now. I guess a argument can be made for the Sixers as well. They have 2 top 5 players and another top 20-25 player depending on where you put Klay. Draymond IDK where you would even put him now. Kawhi and Giannis are the only top 25 players on their teams and those teams both have had a great season. Kyrie is the only top 25 player on the Celtics. Dipo was the only top guy on the Pacers before he got hurt and they were having a memorable season. Sixers yah they have 3 stars. Nuggets have only 1 top tier star and they are having their best season in ages. Blazers have 1 main star and 1 mini star. Spurs only have Derozen and Aldridge and a bunch of role players. Thunder have 2 top guys. Rockets have the MVP and a guy in capela who is a rising star. Who knows with cp3. He is not getting any younger and keeps getting hurt and they played a lot better without him this season than they did with him. 

Before Dipo got hurt you had 5 legit teams in the East who you could see coming out of the east. Only the Sixers have more than 1 legitimate star on said team. In the West outside of the Warriors you only got the Thunder with 2 bonafide stars depending on where you have CJ McCollum in your player rankings. Like I have said time and time again the NBA has never been this deep and flushed with talent. Because of the Warriors dominance people think it is top heavy when that is not the case. They just obviously have the most talent. If KD were to leave the Warriors this off season it is wide open for anyone to win a title going forward. 

I have NO CLUE why people are bitching so much about the NBA. Are you kidding me right now? In the 90's the Bulls won 6 titles and yet everyone loved that crap. No one is more glorified than the 90s bulls. No NBA team had more fans for a time period than those teams. The Lakers won 5 titles in the 80's and the Celtics won 3. Parity my ass. I hate this myth of people acting like the NBA was so much better back then and talent was just so spread out. In the 90s THERE WAS NO TALENT TO SPREAD OUT. It was a garbage league. Yah the 80s were loaded with talent but the same 2 teams were winning the titles. Celtics had 4 all stars on a team and the Lakers had 2 top 5 players in Kareem and Magic along with at different points during their run Jamaal Wilkes, Norm Nixon and Worthy who all were all stars. 

Settle down, it’s okay. The ‘90s did have stars spread over a lot of teams. When you’re talking about athleticism, yeah today’s game probably has more pure athletes but that doesn’t translate into better players. Basketball guy SA Smith talked about not too long ago. He said today’s game is either a three or a layup. Very little inside out passing and very little low post playing. The game is geared toward offense now and I suppose if the league feels like that’s what sells tickets then so be it. However, to have never really watched ‘90s ball as it happened and say it was garbage is obtuse. 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

Settle down, it’s okay. The ‘90s did have stars spread over a lot of teams. When you’re talking about athleticism, yeah today’s game probably has more pure athletes but that doesn’t translate into better players. Basketball guy SA Smith talked about not too long ago. He said today’s game is either a three or a layup. Very little inside out passing and very little low post playing. The game is geared toward offense now and I suppose if the league feels like that’s what sells tickets then so be it. However, to have never really watched ‘90s ball as it happened and say it was garbage is obtuse. 

I NEVER SETTLE DOWN about this certain subject!!! lol. You know this is my passion project. The 90s were garbage. I may of not watched the 80s but I know they were flushed with talent like the NBA is now. I give credit where it is due. 80s and now are the 2 most talented eras in NBA history bar none and there is not a close second. Lol I will listen to Gus "expertise" about OT recruiting before I listen to Stephen A wax poetic about ANYTHING! haha. Long 2 point shots are being phased out of the league because it is a horrible shot. Just take a step or 2 back and hoist up a three. It is just simple math and I am terrible at it. The game seems like it is geared towards offense JUST LIKE IN THE 80s because there is a treasure trove of talent and great offense beats great defense. People want to champion the 90s as great defense when it was just bad offense. It is easier to defend less talented guys. 

Edited by GwillMac6

Just to use the ‘92 All-Star roster as an example:

East:

Thomas, Jordan, Bird, Barkley, Ewing (starters)

Daugherty,  Dumars, Lewis, Pippen, Price,  Rodman, Wilkins, and others (reserves)

West:

Magic, Clyde the Glide, Mullin, Malone, Robinson (starters)

Tim Hardaway,  Hornacek, Majerle, Mutombo, Olajuwon, Stockton, Worthy, and others (reserves)

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

Just to use the ‘92 All-Star roster as an example:

East:

Thomas, Jordan, Bird, Barkley, Ewing (starters)

Daugherty,  Dumars, Lewis, Pippen, Price,  Rodman, Wilkins, and others (reserves)

West:

Magic, Clyde the Glide, Mullin, Malone, Robinson (starters)

Tim Hardaway,  Hornacek, Majerle, Mutombo, Olajuwon, Stockton, Worthy, and others (reserves)

See I do not see most of those dudes as true all time greats. Zeke his great run was in the 80's. Same as Wilkins. Same as Magic. Same as Bird. Those dudes are all time greats for the 80's. They barely even played in the 90's. The 90's all time greats are MJ, Hakeem, Barkley, Malone and Robinson. Those guys are freaks who would be great in any era. Except maybe Charles. A 6 ft 4 power forward would be tough to translate to any era but the 90's. But I will give him the benefit of the doubt. That is it. All those other guys are psuedo stars. Most are not even that. I mean come on with most of those. This shows more than anything how overrated the 90s are. They would struggle to be starters now a days. 

Edited by GwillMac6

I suppose different stokes type thing. The most recent most enjoyable NBA finals for me was the last time the Spurs won it in ‘13-‘14 over Miami. The way they passed the ball and worked it inside to Duncan and back out to a deep threat and then to Leonard to drive if neither of the first two were open, was absolutely basketball nirvana. Miami tried to out athelete San Antonio because they definitely had the better athletes but San Antonio just out balled them. 

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

However, to have never really watched ‘90s ball as it happened and say it was garbage is obtuse. 

The over under on what he actually knows about 80s and 90’s basketball is he’s seen one highlight video, two playoff games, and three MJ commercials.

8 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

I suppose different stokes type thing. The most recent most enjoyable NBA finals for me was the last time the Spurs won it in ‘13-‘14 over Miami. The way they passed the ball and worked it inside to Duncan and back out to a deep threat and then to Leonard to drive if neither of the first two were open, was absolutely basketball nirvana. Miami tried to out athelete San Antonio because they definitely had the better athletes but San Antonio just out balled them. 

Offense is my thing. Always has been always will be. Almost any game you tune in to now will have you on the edge of your seat brimming with excitement because of how fun it is and you just marvel at how skilled these dudes are. Even the role players. It is a pleasure to be in the modern golden era of NBA talent. 90's was full of junk ball that paul pierce pump faked people thinking it was great defense. At least that is the narrative. 80's and now are much much more appetizing, enjoyable and appeasing. Those Knicks bulls and pacers bulls ECF from the 90's were horrid. First team to 85 wins! lol................................That is THE BEST offensive performance I have ever seen in a final. They put on a 3 point shooting clinic.  They could not miss. They were consistently getting wide open shots. Just another reason POP is the GOAT. He had the perfect game plan for that finals. That is my proudest accomplishment as a Bron superfan is that he is the only person to ever get a series win vs Pop in the NBA finals the year before. 

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

People want to champion the 90s as great defense when it was just bad offense

James Harden is about to be back to back MVP. 2019 NBA with the rules favoring the offense is a stat stuffing track meet. You know right good and well this game has evolved into something clearly different than that era.

Edited by aujeff11
  • Like 1

Pels  took Davis out of the hype videos.

Here’s my advice to the Pels front office: 

throw-the-damn-towel-gif-4.gif

- AD embarrassed your team, so let him walk.

- Tank the rest of the season and get a high value draft pick 

-Gut the Lakers roster and draft picks 

Profit 

• Haha 1

Kristaps met with the knicks front office today about their direction for the future and now they're finalizing talks for him to go to Dallas! Wow that was fast!

GOD I FREAKING LOVE LOVE LOVE THE NBA!!!!!!!! s*** gets done!!!!!!! You hardly ever get this big name sexy player trades in the NFL. IT IS MAJESTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! LETS FREAKING GOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!