NBA Thread

aujeff11

MUHHHH GOAT!!! The GOAT on the court. THE GOAT Father. THE GOAT coach. THE GOAT LEgm. THE GOAT OF LIFE!!!! WOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by GwillMac6

On 12/17/2018 at 9:21 PM, GwillMac6 said:

In his era? I feel the same way about Brandon Roy. That dude was the most clutch player I have ever seen. He was a freaking stud. I hate his chronic knee issues cost him most of his prime.

Drazen was amazing.

2 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

Drazen was amazing.

lol you are all about the 90's ball aren't you?! Didn't they do a 30 for 30 on him awhile back? like 7 or 8 years ago?

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

lol you are all about the 90's ball aren't you?! Didn't they do a 30 for 30 on him awhile back? like 7 or 8 years ago?

Yup. It was about the split between Vlade and Drazen, Toni, Dino, etc...  if I remember correctly, that team with those guys played very well against the dream team. I suppose being a younger guy it may be difficult to appreciate that era of the NBA but it was great. Great rivalries. 

2 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

Yup. It was about the split between Vlade and Drazen, Toni, Dino, etc...  if I remember correctly, that team with those guys played very well against the dream team. I suppose being a younger guy it may be difficult to appreciate that era of the NBA but it was great. Great rivalries. 

lol I am 29. I would not call myself young. I always thought you were around my age. I love the star power and glitz glamour of this era with the best athletes this game has ever seen!! I love all the 3 pointers. I love how 1-5 can shoot now. A lot more athleticism and skill. The league has never been better or more fun........................ VLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hell yah!!!!!!!!!!!!! The first guy I can remember who perfected the art of flopping!!!!!!! That Lakers and Sacramento Queens playoff series was everything!!!!!!!! Doug Christies wife and her presence took the intensity up a notch. That was a great 30 for 30. Def in the top 10 they have ever done. It is one of my favorites. Who is your favorites out of that group?

HMMMMMMMMMM *taking notes* This lady is a genius! lol

10 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

lol I am 29. I would not call myself young. I always thought you were around my age. I love the star power and glitz glamour of this era with the best athletes this game has ever seen!! I love all the 3 pointers. I love how 1-5 can shoot now. A lot more athleticism and skill. The league has never been better or more fun........................ VLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hell yah!!!!!!!!!!!!! The first guy I can remember who perfected the art of flopping!!!!!!! That Lakers and Sacramento Queens playoff series was everything!!!!!!!! Doug Christies wife and her presence took the intensity up a notch. That was a great 30 for 30. Def in the top 10 they have ever done. It is one of my favorites. Who is your favorites out of that group?

I’m 43 😢. I remember my man Bird winning championships.  The ‘90s was the beginning of the European guys coming into the league. If you ever have the opportunity to look at some of the playoffs, not just Chicago, you’d probably be surprised by the athleticism of the teams. Two off the top of my head are the Hornets and Magic. The Hornets had LJ, Zo, poppa Curry, Gill, etc... the Magic with Shaq, Penny, Nick, 3 D, etc... lots of great ball. 

3 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

I’m 43 😢. I remember my man Bird winning championships.  The ‘90s was the beginning of the European guys coming into the league. If you ever have the opportunity to look at some of the playoffs, not just Chicago, you’d probably be surprised by the athleticism of the teams. Two off the top of my head are the Hornets and Magic. The Hornets had LJ, Zo, poppa Curry, Gill, etc... the Magic with Shaq, Penny, Nick, 3 D, etc... lots of great ball. 

Get out of here?! 43??? I would of guessed 33 but not 43!!! dayum!!! This is like finding out the tooth fairy is not real! hahaha. I mean those dudes seemed athletic back then but in todays NBA only Penny, Shaq and Zo would of stood out. Those magic teams are one of the biggest cases of what ifs I can ever remember. SMH. Nick Anderson blew their chances when he choked and missed all those free throws in a row. They could of been a dynasty. YES!!!! REP YOUR MAN BIRD and the superior 80s nba than the 90s!!!! 90s  is trash but 80s and Now are like God level with the talent on display. the 2000s are right up there as well. Where would you rank your guy bird all time. I have him in my top 10. Barely outside the top 5.

8 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Get out of here?! 43??? I would of guessed 33 but not 43!!! dayum!!! This is like finding out the tooth fairy is not real! hahaha. I mean those dudes seemed athletic back then but in todays NBA only Penny, Shaq and Zo would of stood out. Those magic teams are one of the biggest cases of what ifs I can ever remember. SMH. Nick Anderson blew their chances when he choked and missed all those free throws in a row. They could of been a dynasty. YES!!!! REP YOUR MAN BIRD and the superior 80s nba than the 90s!!!! 90s  is trash but 80s and Now are like God level with the talent on display. the 2000s are right up there as well. Where would you rank your guy bird all time. I have him in my top 10. Barely outside the top 5.

I know it’s probably a sore subject but MJ would still be dominant in today’s game. Bird is top 5-10. He was so incredible off the ball and with his passing to go along with his sniper shooting. His catching the ball out of bounds and still laying it up for the basket before landing exemplifies his heart and skill. I still think that many of the guys today are amazing but look more so because the rules have been adjusted to increase offense. I can’t stand Harden. My favorite player in today’s game is probably Brodie. He’s just a fierce competitor that is incredibly talented. 

Edited by aubearcat

Just now, aubearcat said:

I know it’s probably a sore subject but MJ would still be dominant in today’s game. Bird is top 5-10. He was so incredible off the ball and with his passing to go along with his sniper shooting. His catching the ball out of bounds and still laying it up for the basket before landing, exemplifies his heart and skill. I still think that many of the guys today are amazing but look more so because the rules have been adjusted to increase offense. I can’t stand Harden. My favorite player in today’s game is probably Brodie. He’s just a fierce competitor that is incredibly talented. 

Mid Range Jesus was just so much superior athletically than everyone in the 90's. He would have a much greater challenge in todays game because he would have guys who are uber uber athletic  and would do a much better job of staying in front of him. I mean do not get me wrong he would still be one of the best players but he would not be head and shoulders above everyone else because the talent is so much better now across the board. hahahah Yah harden is absolutely one of the most boring superstars to watch all the time. No one takes advantage of the rules more than him. He actually for the first time in years is not leading the NBA in free throw attempts per game. It is Embiid so far. Bron and Brodie more than anyone else would not be bothered at all by 90's ball. It would actually play to their advantage because they could punish defenders even more than they already do. They are just so physically imposing and also just crazy athletic along with a lot of skill.......... So do you think Bird or Russell is the best celtic ever? Bird is the better player easily but Russell obviously has a lot more accomplishments.

9 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Mid Range Jesus was just so much superior athletically than everyone in the 90's.

Name me one 1v1 matchup where James isn’t at an advantage in the Western Conference just because of his height/weight/ skill combo? 

Lebron owns his era. Jordan owned his. Jordan owns Lebron. Lebron owns Jordans. That’s just the way it goes. 

40 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Mid Range Jesus was just so much superior athletically than everyone in the 90's. He would have a much greater challenge in todays game because he would have guys who are uber uber athletic  and would do a much better job of staying in front of him. I mean do not get me wrong he would still be one of the best players but he would not be head and shoulders above everyone else because the talent is so much better now across the board. hahahah Yah harden is absolutely one of the most boring superstars to watch all the time. No one takes advantage of the rules more than him. He actually for the first time in years is not leading the NBA in free throw attempts per game. It is Embiid so far. Bron and Brodie more than anyone else would not be bothered at all by 90's ball. It would actually play to their advantage because they could punish defenders even more than they already do. They are just so physically imposing and also just crazy athletic along with a lot of skill.......... So do you think Bird or Russell is the best celtic ever? Bird is the better player easily but Russell obviously has a lot more accomplishments.

It’s a 1a-1b kind of deal. Both are in Celtic lore which is in itself incredible but there’s so many Cmen that we’re great. I mean if you look at Celtic history it’s difficult to pick just one but obviously given my generation it’s Bird. The drive and sniper mentality of of MJ is hard to defend. If he was playing a dude better at 3’s, he’d practice and workout until he was better at 3’s. He was just the ultimate competitor. Don’t get me wrong, as a Celtic fan I was not a fan of Jordan but watching him was like watching the Matrix. If we’re talking ‘90s and NBA compared to the today I  go with AI. His aggression and heart was undeniable. 

4 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

It’s a 1a-1b kind of deal. Both are in Celtic lore which is in itself incredible but there’s so many Cmen that we’re great. I mean if you look at Celtic history it’s difficult to pick just one but obviously given my generation it’s Bird. The drive and sniper mentality of of MJ is hard to defend. If he was playing a dude better at 3’s, he’d practice and workout until he was better at 3’s. He was just the ultimate competitor. Don’t get me wrong, as a Celtic fan I was not a fan of Jordan but watching him was like watching the Matrix. If we’re talking ‘90s and NBA compared to the today I  go with AI. His aggression and heart was undeniable. 

That is so true!!!! Yall have like so many freaking jerseys retired because of all the studs and all time greats you have!!! you are running out of numbers! lol. I just think Kobe does not get his due credit. Dude was a better offensive player than mj and more skilled. The best all around and most dangerous scorer I have ever seen besides KD is Kobe. And people just dump on him when they say he is a mj knock off. I SAY NAY he was a upgrade when it came to scoring the basketball. He was diverse and more versatile.

Kobe was an offensive magician like Mike but wasn’t the same level defensively. MJ was an absolute bulldog. I just puke a little in my mouth every time I say he was the best but having witnessed him in his prime, it’s undeniable. 

2 hours ago, aubearcat said:

Kobe was an offensive magician like Mike but wasn’t the same level defensively. MJ was an absolute bulldog. I just puke a little in my mouth every time I say he was the best but having witnessed him in his prime, it’s undeniable. 

Well the main reason for that was the level of difficulty in who he was guarding. Kobe had the much better players lining up against him every night. Just look at those jazz nba finals. He was on jeff hornacek. I mean lol.

15 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Lebron owns his era. Jordan owned his. Jordan owns Lebron. Lebron owns Jordans. That’s just the way it goes. 

I see what you did there...

• Haha 1

Gwill: They travel more because they are so much more  talented.

😂😂

Edited by aujeff11
  • Haha 1

Next GOAT?! lol

PHEWWW THAT WAS A CLOSE ONE for our good dear friend Uncle Cliff. We do not need him aging in melo years! lol

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Next GOAT?! lol

Of course he is the next GOAT if you really think Lebron is it. I’m a yuuuuuuuuugggge Doncic fan though so stay away. Our interests are better off adversarial.

@WFE12 Why did you not post anything about yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa boy and future GOAT LUKAAAAAA going for a career high in LA last night?!?!? He is a BEAST DUDE!!!! Great draft day trade made by cuban. LETS GOO!!! WOOOO!!!

Ole Bronny is back at it again. He realizes he doesn’t have much contractually available other than AD and now he’s resorted to begging.

Sad!!!

• Like 1

On 12/21/2018 at 3:04 PM, GwillMac6 said:

Next GOAT?! lol

Luka played professionally overseas correct?  If so, I don’t know if that is comparable to James coming out of high school.  

Boy they have the 91 warriors vs lakers playoff game on rn and it is so boring compared to today's games. 

• Haha 2