NBA Thread

aujeff11

4 hours ago, WFE12 said:

This won't work either, Lakers not showing loyalty to these 4 players. I'm guessing dad just wants AD to be traded only for future draft picks.:dunno: Does he realize how dumb the Celtics comment is? No team or player is loyal anymore. 

Edited by gr82be
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

They need a LEGIT third star. Warriors have Klay averaging 22 ppg and we know he can go off for 40 at any given moment. The Thunder have.... Steven Adams? Yah not going to cut it.

Terrence Ferguson needs to step it up a notch. 

15 minutes ago, gr82be said:

This won't work either, Lakers not showing loyalty to these 4 players. I'm guessing dad just wants AD to be traded only for future draft picks.:dunno: Does he realize how dumb the Celtics comment is? No team or player is loyal anymore. 

If nothing else the dad’s comments prove that LA is the favorite in the AD sweepstakes.

As for Lakers loyalty: if I had to guess, a lot of real Lakers fans don’t want to gut their roster   for AD. That’s just Lebron fanboy talk.

Demarcus Cousins has the Nick Fairley reputation, and all the refs are calling everything against and nothing for him. And tbe frustration was boiling over until got taken out.

This nugget surprised me 

• Love 1

Los Angeles Lakers president Magic Johnson made a more robust bid for New Orleans Pelicans All-Star Anthony Davis on Monday, offering multiple young players, including Lonzo BallBrandon Ingram and Kyle Kuzma, as well as draft picks and salary-cap relief to the Pelicans, league sources told ESPN.

Johnson and Pelicans general manager Dell Demps had multiple conversations on Monday, league sources said.

The details were not immediately clear on the Lakers' latest offer, but it was an attempt to start moving closer to satisfying the several elements that New Orleans would want in a deal for Davis. The Lakers want to strike a deal before Thursday's 3 p.m. ET trade deadline, but it is still unclear whether the Lakers possess the full complement of assets to make New Orleans act before opening up the process to a broader array of teams, players and draft pick possibilities after the season.

Davis, who is seeking a trade, prefers a move to the Lakers, league sources said.

19 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

The Pels made the LeHelpWanted Lakers quit!!!

Probably the best move. They can probably get more value by pushing it to the offseason. 

4 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

Probably the best move. They can probably get more value by pushing it to the offseason. 

The Lakers made a nice offer. Not sure what the Pels are thinking. AD wants out and who wants to have people around that don’t want to be there? It’s like they’re fighting off their small market status. 

Just now, aujeff11 said:

The Lakers made a nice offer. Not sure what the Pels are thinking. AD wants out and who wants to have people around that don’t want to be there? It’s like they’re fighting off their small market status. 

Well, like we discussed earlier, they want Tatum, Brown, the Memphis pick (probably top 5-8), and another #1 from Boston. That’s an incredibly rich demand. To me Ball is okay but not overly enticing or anything. Kuzma and Ingram are interesting but the pick they were offering probably wasn’t going to be in the lottery range. They definitely want a kings and queens ransom. Since Boston isn’t included in the long term signing list I hope they stay away from it and go after other FAs and have a strong draft. 

SMH. He is done playing at a all star level. Wall whole game is based on speed and quickness. 

6 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

SMH. He is done playing at a all star level. Wall whole game is based on speed and quickness. 

That seems like it’s going to be a tough injury on his skill set for sure. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, aubearcat said:

They definitely want a kings and queens ransom

Apparently they were also after Hart, KCP, and Ivaca Zubac and Lakers agreed until they changed their minds.  I don’t think AD wants Boston anyway. I fully believe he talked to the dad before dad made his comments

10 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I don’t think AD wants Boston anyway

Me either. Ainge will probably aim for other FAs and traders utilizing Scarry Terry as trade fodder along with the draft picks they have. 

4 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

Me either. Ainge will probably aim for other FAs and traders utilizing Scarry Terry as trade fodder along with the draft picks they have. 

Could be. Ainge is known to finesse together  good FA moves 

• Like 1

Take it easy on ‘em Pacer fans!! 🔥🔥🔥🔥

That was dirty savage.

Edited by aujeff11