Gus still claiming that Chip runs all the plays

WFE12

36 minutes ago, NCeagle said:

3. Chip is "calling" all of the plays ... in Gus' Offense. (Run up the middle, wildcat, throw deep).

I guess I don't buy into the coach speak of this meaning Chip is calling the plays.  If Chip is just doing what Gus tells him, then there is no point to  having Chip around.

gus actually said himself something about the lead at half and "how many points can they actually score on our defense". he mailed it in. i don't understand it at all. we could have broken them down and made them quit. 

34 minutes ago, mom2kid said:

http://gridironnow.com/auburn-coaches-distraught-following-loss-lsu/

Ok offensive guru, please tell us who failed miserably not making the adjustments we all saw were needed.  Does this guy have any credibility! 

All of his points are just the same dead horse only now it's an unrecognizable greasy meat stain... Sad that the rest of the coaching has to suffer because of Gus' stubbornness...

That gridironnow piece is yet another indictment of gus.  I’m not sure if I’m an assistant that I don’t just flat come out and say gus screwed the pooch.  Probably looking for a new job at seasons end anyways.  No reason to let him take you down also - I guess this is primarily for the O staff.

2 hours ago, Barnacle said:

An important caveat

Yep, not off tackle or sweeps strictly between the A and B gaps.

question for those in the know. does chip not ever run pass plays in the middle or more shorter passes in the o he runs? i bet he has in the past but i would like an opinion. just seems strange he set massive records at southern miss and is highly respected an o guy. would it maybe be our kids do not do well in the middle of the field? i am not not an x and o guy so i am serious.

i will not believe for a minute chip called all those runs up the middle himself. maybe under instruction to do so. and if chip is the decent o guy people claim there is no way he calls all that up the middle crap that many times. someone on here i believe said chip was mad enough after clemson to leave because of gus. so my thinking the only way chip calls all those up the middle plays he was mad and trying to make a point maybe? i will say this. i am willing to bet that if he does not get to run his offense like he sees fir..AND if gus does not get the boot i am calling it right now that chip leaves as soon as the last game is over. i mean his name is tied to our offense and with the cray stuff we do at times his talents as a coach takes a big hit. so why stick around and have his offense trashed more? if it was me and i was being hamstrung i would not keep being the fall guy and i would let people know just how much gus was meddling. make sense to anyone?

3 hours ago, mustache eagle said:

That gridironnow piece is yet another indictment of gus.  I’m not sure if I’m an assistant that I don’t just flat come out and say gus screwed the pooch.  Probably looking for a new job at seasons end anyways.  No reason to let him take you down also - I guess this is primarily for the O staff.

Justified or not, coming out and spilling the beans of truth would be career suicide for any assistant coach at this point.  They would not get another job or at least not one they would want. 

3 hours ago, hqsi99 said:

I guess I don't buy into the coach speak of this meaning Chip is calling the plays.  If Chip is just doing what Gus tells him, then there is no point to  having Chip around.

Chip has no choice but to do what Gus tells him.  Gus is his boss.

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

question for those in the know. does chip not ever run pass plays in the middle or more shorter passes in the o he runs? i bet he has in the past but i would like an opinion. just seems strange he set massive records at southern miss and is highly respected an o guy. would it maybe be our kids do not do well in the middle of the field? i am not not an x and o guy so i am serious.

i will not believe for a minute chip called all those runs up the middle himself. maybe under instruction to do so. and if chip is the decent o guy people claim there is no way he calls all that up the middle crap that many times. someone on here i believe said chip was mad enough after clemson to leave because of gus. so my thinking the only way chip calls all those up the middle plays he was mad and trying to make a point maybe? i will say this. i am willing to bet that if he does not get to run his offense like he sees fir..AND if gus does not get the boot i am calling it right now that chip leaves as soon as the last game is over. i mean his name is tied to our offense and with the cray stuff we do at times his talents as a coach takes a big hit. so why stick around and have his offense trashed more? if it was me and i was being hamstrung i would not keep being the fall guy and i would let people know just how much gus was meddling. make sense to anyone?

Watch the game film of Chip last year. A lot off true RPO comprised of a slant/bubble combo to the twins side and a good variation depending on down and distance to the single side WR all based off of a zone read and QB checkdowns and reading the coverage presnap. 

This is 100% not his offense. Tx Tech from last year is a good watch to see his scheme since that game was basically a no defense pass skeleton. 

20 minutes ago, Strychnine said:

Chip has no choice but to do what Gus tells him.  Gus is his boss.

Plus riding it out may be a professional decision, avoiding the stigma of abandoning his team. If we're right about who's really calling these plays, and I believe we are, Chip is in a catch-22. CGM is not only ruining yet another season, he's lost his trustworthiness for recruits, and future assistant coaches. Even if he's not done........he's done. 

2 hours ago, around4ever said:

Justified or not, coming out and spilling the beans of truth would be career suicide for any assistant coach at this point.  They would not get another job or at least not one they would want. 

I know I know ... I just WANT it to happen.  I’m so pissed at gus, I’d smile if chip throat punches gus during the next 3rd quarter that we throw in the offensive towel ...

Archived